Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
My biggest issues with the Sequel Trilogy so far is it made the OT basically pointless, the victory at the end of Jedi might as well not have happened. 30 years later and it's the same situation with different names. The original characters are misused and I personally just don't give a damn about the new ones, they're just not interesting. I loved Rogue One but after seeing Episode 8 I think it was a complete fluke, Disney has killed Star Wars for me. I'm not complaining tho I still have 1-6 and R1 but after how much I disliked part 8 I'm done the new films Don't exist for me.

+1

Thats why I think, if Disney wanted SW.. Then do Old Republic or KOTOR

Or... Take SW and go somewhere with it.. go beyond Luke, Leia an Han.. Like 100 years in the future. And during that story time.. we can here stories of Rey and Ben, like we here stories of Malak and Revan...Plagueis

Just an idea Disney

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure wish I could see the results of the poll before I go spend time and money on this thing...
Doesn't really make sense that you can't view the results unless you've voted.
I'd like to see the results to help inform my decision.

Sure wish I could see the results of the poll before I go spend time and money on this thing...

View poll results... right under

Seriously? I maybe recognize 2 or three people who have seen it here on this thread as a member I am familiar with and would really give their opinion any consideration. I have no idea how any of these other cats are and until I do, don't value what they have to say.

Seriously? I maybe recognize 2 or three people who have seen it here on this thread as a member I am familiar with and would really give their opinion any consideration. I have no idea how any of these other cats are and until I do, don't value what they have to say.

Well, I'm just curious as to general consensus, and those people are included in that, too.
The OG reviews are definitely higher on my radar (consensus there is not too good).

Well, I'm just curious as to general consensus, and those people are included in that, too.
The OG reviews are definitely higher on my radar (consensus there is not too good).

The absolute worst SW movie, is still worth the $10-15 (and more) to go see. Dont regret not seeing it. TFA was IMO terrible, but I'm sure alot who went see it, including me, didnt regret it.

But I also have a SW/ST Christmas tree.

I liked it. It could have done with being a little shorter, but this was star wars to me. Been watching these since I was 7 and even though I'm 48 now, it made me feel young again.

Question though, the boy at the end, is he Luke reincarnated?

If ghost Yoda can poke real people, and bring down lighting, maybe Luke isn't out of the fight, if he isn't broom boy that is.

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

The absolute worst SW movie, is still worth the $10-15 (and more) to go see.

Could not disagree more. You'd have to pay me to sit through any of those prequels again.
And you'd have to pay me a lot, because I have much better things to do, like watch ants march on the sidewalk or rain puddles evaporate.

If ghost Yoda can poke real people, and bring down lighting, maybe Luke isn't out of the fight, if he isn't broom boy that is.

Makes you wonder about Palpatine/Sidious

- - - Updated - - -

Could not disagree more. You'd have to pay me to sit through any of those prequels again.
And you'd have to pay me a lot, because I have much better things to do, like watch ants march on the sidewalk or rain puddles evaporate.

You only have to go once...lol

Last Jedi can't be the worst star wars film as long as attack of the clones exist but any star wars film is still better then 40% of summer blockbusters not named marvel

93%....

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! With the exception of the Wow factor I’m not sure those criteria apply to any Star Wars film. They are popcorn films, not Citizen Kane.

Bryan,

That's where I disagree with you. Sure, they aren't as serious as Citizen Kane, but when ANH was made, it was made as a hero's journey, based on classic Joseph Campbell archetypes. It didn't rely solely on explosions or crazy mind numbing visuals to propel the story (even though all of that was still excellent AND revolutionary for its time as well). It did have some wooden parts from the acting, but all in all, it was the characters that carried the story. You actually CARED about Luke, Han and the rest of the gang.

Now, people just so easily default to the excuse for the poor writing and underdeveloped character arcs as, "oh relax, it's just a popcorn movie", which to me shows complete lack of reverence to the source material that set up the entire SW universe in the first place.

I'm not saying pander to the nostalgia either. I'm saying just write better stories, plain and simple.

Last edited:
It wasn't great

Not Star Wars,....which, I hate to say,....at least The Prequels were

Some stupid things in it,....cringeworthy

...& some 'street' lingo......Snoke saying to Kylo,....'Being bested by a girl'.....Yoda said something strange also......& Luke flicking a speck of dust off him when he walked out unscathed after the Walkers bombarded him with firepower

There were good moments in it......but UnStarWarsy things kept popping up snapping me out of the movie

I absolutely HATE the Prequels.....but at least they are Star Wars.......5 out of 10

JJ made a masterpiece

J

My biggest issues with the Sequel Trilogy so far is it made the OT basically pointless, the victory at the end of Jedi might as well not have happened. 30 years later and it's the same situation with different names. The original characters are misused and I personally just don't give a damn about the new ones, they're just not interesting. I loved Rogue One but after seeing Episode 8 I think it was a complete fluke, Disney has killed Star Wars for me. I'm not complaining tho I still have 1-6 and R1 but after how much I disliked part 8 I'm done the new films Don't exist for me.

I agree 100% with you.

So I get why the rebel fleet don't go to hyperspace, but even if the dreadnaught has to follow them in sunlight, can't some of those star destroyers just jump in front of them?

Yeah that whole thing made me a bit .... they were running away with their "smaller lighter faster ship" does that even matter in space? even then people came and went from the "fleet", it was a bit weird.
That sort of thing works for a little while but Finn went off, had a time got locked up, escaped flew back.....I don't know...

Bryan,

That's where I disagree with you. Sure, they aren't as serious as Citizen Kane, but when ANH was made, it was made as a hero's journey, based on classic Joseph Campbell archetypes. It didn't rely solely on explosions or crazy mind numbing visuals to propel the story (even though all of that was still excellent AND revolutionary for its time as well). It did have some wooden parts from the acting, but all in all, it was the characters that carried the story. You actually CARED about Luke, Han and the rest of the gang.

Now, people just so easily default to the excuse for the poor writing and underdeveloped character arcs as, "oh relax, it's just a popcorn movie", which to me shows complete lack of reverence to the source material that set up the entire SW universe in the first place.

I'm not saying pander to the nostalgia either. I'm saying just write better stories, plain and simple.

The story is fine.

Yet Dialog. Family Guy humor (that seems to come out of nowhere). And a diabolical leader that is only intimidating when he is a hologram.
Look in the camera and have a stupid line.

Going back to the comment on AOTC, That was badass saber fighting. Also with ROTS. And a much better soundtrack. And I miss 3PO!!

They have also forgotten that R2 saved the day in every original Star Wars film,....now he's discarded & replaced by BB8......

Chicken Walker scene???

I'm looking forward to the Han Solo film to get away from this Trilogy

J

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back