Han Solo’s DL-44 ANH Budget Build

The14thDr

Sr Member
So I was out shopping in Poundland today, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a toy gun with some very familiar grips on it. It wasn’t until I stopped for a closer look that I realised it wasn’t just the grips that were familiar.

The toy was clearly based on a Mauser C96!
5e39c2f68e6774f92a659cdabe6ad6c7.jpg

Obviously it isn’t very accurate and there are much better replicas out there, but for £1 I thought this would make a great budget build.
77d6e7c28c2b1fdb157ff54cc1c6477f.jpg

Like most of my other projects, this will be made using a combination of scratch-made parts and whatever pieces of junk I can get my hands on.

Nice find... Do you have a 3D printer? I did a similar build using an undersized Mauser airsoft that I got in an local auction with a bunch of other crap... I used 3D printed parts from thingaverse... All of the parts needed to be resized smaller, but it turned out great... So much so that I decided to keep it instead of giving it to a friends kid as I had originally intended... I’ll post a pic once I get back from lunch...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great for a budget build. Will wait for pics to follow!
Thanks! I’m hoping to make a start on a couple of pieces (most likely the heat sink or scope) very soon.

... Do you have a 3D printer?...
I wish!! I have a fair bit of experience when it comes to scratch-building props, so I’m hoping I won’t run into too much trouble on this project. I’ve actually seen one or two DL-44’s based on the same toy gun that I have, so that gives me a bit of confidence. ;)

This is what I ended up with after resizing and 3D printing the parts : https://imgur.com/a/OKqSm

Just a thought, you may actually want to go to thingaverse and download the 3D files to use as templates / starting points for your scratch built parts...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with !

Interesting... Does it shoot well?

My local 501st Legion use to have a shooting gallery for charity in our booth at conventions where customers shoot with NERF guns on plastic cutouts of Stormtroopers. If the cutout is hit right on, it falls over and if all three cutouts fall, the customer wins a sticker (or other token prize).
However, so far, we don't use any Star Wars-themed guns. The Hasbro DH-17 does not shoot hard or accurately enough to be of any use.

Not really. I tried it out yesterday; the range is about 3-4 meters but there’s nowhere near enough force behind those darts to knock over a plastic cutout Stormtrooper. :-\

Yet curiously, enough force to kill an actual stormtrooper (if you're a good guy).

I wish those would turn up in a dollar store around me. I'd probably buy a dozen.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back