Hasbro new POC Falcon $119

Tom1971

Sr Member
I saw that piece of crap new toy Falcon they made. Not nearly as cool as the 1977 version. It was $119 at Target. $119 for that piece of junk when the huge BMF was $150.

Hasbro,..what the hell happened?????

I assumed they would use the BMF molds and just add in some TFA stuff. I saw this new POC a while back like we all did and figure they just wanted to put out something cheap.

Who would pay over a hundred for this crap?????

Tom

Exactly my sentiments. I have the feeling that the new toys wont be as well designed as their latest predecessors. I really missed out on buying the BMF and AtAt and some of the pther new designs.

I'm kinda glad Hasbro isn't making much collector-oriented product. It keep my hobby money focused toward prop building.

A TFA BMF seems like a no-brainer, but the TVC version were clearanced out for next to nothing. They might have been a loss for Hasbro.

There will be a lot more stuff coming out, including a new Falcon, the BMF version of the TFA Falcon is coming out, might even be on the floor at Toyfair next month.

That being said, all of the vehicles they released for Force Friday are awful in every way.

Shouldn't be long until we get a Black series X Wing or dare I say Falcon.

I saw the BS Tie Fighter at Target last weekend. Took a lot for me not to buy it but at the price and the fact it's a TFA tie fighter I decided to hold off for now.

I think a lot of this comes from Disney's need to sell a lot of items. I was talking to a Disney Store employee, and she said that when Frozen came out, they ran out of merchandise for months, and they learned their lesson for Star Wars. At least for the first few months, it's just easier to make millions of cheap things like this, while slowly building inventory of the good stuff. I predict the quality will go up a lot as time goes on. Especially because it'll make people want to upgrade. :)

I think a lot of this comes from Disney's need to sell a lot of items. I was talking to a Disney Store employee, and she said that when Frozen came out, they ran out of merchandise for months, and they learned their lesson for Star Wars. At least for the first few months, it's just easier to make millions of cheap things like this, while slowly building inventory of the good stuff. I predict the quality will go up a lot as time goes on. Especially because it'll make people want to upgrade. :)

So basically you're saying Disney is betting on the fact that we have less self control than my 5 year old. :lol. Funny......it's true....but funny

I'd love to believe that, but Hasbro has been lowering their standards on the SW line for years now - nothing I've seen from them in that time suggests to me that this is just the calm before the storm of pure awesomeness sadly.

I think we forget that a lot of the stuff that gets put out is actually for kids and not collectors so the quality and detail may not be there. Kids don't care though ! :)

Yup. After Disney took over they made a ton of cash by not investing in the super articulation that the figures used to have but keeping the price the same. :thumbsdown

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back