Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Hey Julien,I trimmed mine,but compared to the rectangle Harrow part in the ref pictures mine looks a little long?It even looks shorter in the 5' master picture you posted.Maybe I'm just seeing things:)

Dave

Dave thanks for posting your master there. I had never noticed the tiny nichimo piece in the channel on the side of the 8rad all by itself! I'll have to denote that in the parts map. Oops!

Question as a new guy like me with little experience actually building kits: What are some preferred methods by you guys on trimming parts or even eventually cutting that 8rad assembly into 2 pieces?

An X-Acto razor saw and patience! Use a little wax or dish soap to keep the blade from binding (be sure to clean well after).

Hi Dave,

Wow, that was an old photo of mine. It will be easier for you to look at Millennium Falcon reference because that assembly was put together from remolded Y-wing pieces. You'll also need to trim more than just the Tiger engine to make things fit.

Craig

Thanks Craig.I'm also seeing it on the 5' refs & y-wing refs.I was wondering if the Harrow needed trimming,but I don't think so?Anybody have some good reference pictures of that part of the5'?

Dave

Any thoughts on this piece from the Tamiya Scharnhorst being correct? I've seen the kit be listed as a donor and this is the only thing I have come up with so far.

scharnhorst_maybe.png

No it's definitely not from Scharnhorst,just couldn't remember what kit it from at the mo..

Don

You may want to look behind this German website link, there is a small (or big, depending on how you look at it) revelation about the Y-wing. I find it exciting. I hope nobody thinks of it as spoilery, hence the link.

oneMore.png

I've been sitting on this one for a while but thought I'd post for the moment. I may split it up into 2 images for the sake of simple kit separation, but here is what I have for the moment. Will probably update tonight when I have some free time.

Revised a few more maps. They took longer than I thought they would :/

IMG_4833.png

rightsideY_panel.png

I'm trying to spread the ID'ing across more images now and make it a little simpler to understand. Hopefully this can be more digestible to peoples eyes!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back