ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..)

Has anyone done the spring mod with a full fx conversion? Wondering how the led wires would be need to be prepped and/or hold up with that spring in place?

Been working on my modifications :D

IMG_4208.JPG

I designed the fins and had Shapeways print them in bronze which I submerged in drain cleaner to remove the surface tin, leaving me with copper :) I'll be putting them up for sale when I get my Shapeways store going and possibly offering machined brass replacement crystal holders and greeblie rods. I've also been working with Dmitry Shtok so our upgrade parts will be compatible :)

Wow - these mod's look incredible! Did you replace the original (wire passage) brass rods to make adding the fins easier? I'm experimenting with something similar and you may have just saved me a lot of time! Great work - congratulations :)

Wow - these mod's look incredible! Did you replace the original (wire passage) brass rods to make adding the fins easier? I'm experimenting with something similar and you may have just saved me a lot of time! Great work - congratulations :)

Nope, the part just clips into place on the original rods :)

Fins to be ordered shortly. Would be most excellent if versions of the other parts also made, even if just printed like the fins for easy install. Yours can stay super sweet while the rest of us just pseudo sweet!

Fins to be ordered shortly. Would be most excellent if versions of the other parts also made, even if just printed like the fins for easy install. Yours can stay super sweet while the rest of us just pseudo sweet!

Something like this? :)

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 01.52.10.png

I drew up a reasonably accurate version of my crystal holder with rod greeblie, red wire and the two replacement rod greeblies :D

For those of you with both a Crystal Chamber and light and sound, would you be able to give details as to what components you are using?

I'm new to saber building and am finding the components to be a bit overwhelming. I would definitely appreciate some suggestions.

The Nano seems to be a good choice in terms of size at least. And I definitely like the cost. =) What about a thin walled blade that works?

Thanks!

For those of you with both a Crystal Chamber and light and sound, would you be able to give details as to what components you are using?

I'm new to saber building and am finding the components to be a bit overwhelming. I would definitely appreciate some suggestions.

The Nano seems to be a good choice in terms of size at least. And I definitely like the cost. =) What about a thin walled blade that works?

Thanks!

Agreed, It would be great to see a tutorial on how to do an FX build on the Roman's OB1 incorporating the chamber. I'd like to build one but haven't done the electronics thing before.
I know there's a Graflex tutorial out there but I imagine this is a diffferent animal all together.

Agreed, It would be great to see a tutorial on how to do an FX build on the Roman's OB1 incorporating the chamber. I'd like to build one but haven't done the electronics thing before.
I know there's a Graflex tutorial out there but I imagine this is a diffferent animal all together.

I'm still waiting for that nice 3d printed chassis to come out. its been quiet, he hasn't updated his shape ways shop either

Yes, it looks very promising. Would be cool to see one of those installed both for looks and the process. The tomleech fin set up included would really top it off!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back