Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

I wound up buying a couple hundred different LEDs. Personally, I prefer those wired for 12V, as I like to use a 120VAC to 12VDC wall adapter. Your mileage may vary.

Can anyone who's purchased/built the Gold Leader Y-Wing tell me what the overall width is, from left outer engine nurnie to right outer engine nurnie? I can't seem to find the dimensions anywhere online, and want to know before committing to buy. Thanks!

Is there going to be an update for the instructions? I can figure where everything goes just fine, but it would nice to make sure that I am mounting the engine cans to the armature correctly.

Sent a PM to Myke a few days ago.

Thank you very much for those detailed instructions. I'm just suprised that some parts need to be cut in two. Why not casting the modified versions directly?

It's pretty fool proof. They slide up against the resin wing "skins" and the angle is dictated by the platform inside the engine halves - what are your questions about the way they mount? Happy to help if I can!

I plan to update them, but I've got another paint master hitting me this week. It's a good problem to have, lol.

Will these help?

http://www.mystery10.com/project/studio-scale-gold-leader-y-wing/

When you get a min, would you mind telling me how you did the stand. Where did you get the acrylic rod ? Etc.... Thanks

Mike, sorry this is off topic for this thread. I sent you a PM to you last week about the BSG kit. Could you let me know what is up? Thanks.

The stand was a leftover one I had from the days when I worked for Master Replicas. I had a new mirrored acrylic part lasercut to match an acrylic rod I got from Plastruct... quite a one-off but the client wanted to match his Y-Wing base as much as possible, and I had a spare blank, in storage :)

For those that order the T-8 - 90086, I am not so sure you need 2 packs of those. The pack I got was 24" long so if you cut them in half you would have 8. How long are the rails on the engine struts supposed to be for when building the model ?? If they need to be cut longer than 12" I could see getting 2 packs. I would also just order 1 of each pack of the others because there is a bunch, but that's just me ;)

1/4” ABS TEE
from Plastruct, code number T-8. It is easiest to order two of their 4-packs, catalog code #90086.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back