Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I'd say a Chinese copy. When you right click the image (open in a new tab), there is mold flashing visible around the top of the heel cup. I am sure Shoechainz just cut eva foam with a knife and glued it onto the shoe.
My first guess was (and still is) chinese copy of his custom. And i guess he does his with foam (not sure about the type of foam) cause of the thickness and the cuts angle and small air bubles. Those looks like pltics and well made, and the midsoles even have the mag textures. I find it strange to copy a custom made and making some detail better but not going really far on the redesign : they should make the nike mag lettering rounded and correct the shape of the midsoles for example. That being said, i'd like to get the heelcup made like these formy denim mags and my red ones cause on my first proto i made it with some vinyl and it is begining to separate from the fabric :/

by the way, here is my final redesign of the Denim Mag inspired shoe (need to glue the other foot and i'll be done with them :) )

IMG_2634.jpg

Last edited:
Why the copied his design in the first place is beyond me. As far as MAG inspired customs go, those airair has are actually closer.

No I think they are something he had done with changing coloured lights in the soles. They actually use the clean pattern of the MAG, but they are a low shoe, not a hi-top. They also use 4 elastic straps.

is this the roshes from china ? The one inspired by Shoechainz ? Cause the painting pattern / splatter looks really good compare to his or he improved it ?
what is the material used to make the heelcup and the added mid soles ?

They are the shoes from dhgate. The soles and heel cup are one piece cast in white and feel spongey just like the soles from the v3. Also the lights are in the wrong order as the yellow and red are swapped. Also I just noticed the back of my left shoe is all kinds of crooked.

IMG_0715.JPG

Last edited:
Why the copied his design in the first place is beyond me. As far as MAG inspired customs go, those airair has are actually closer.
I have the same feeling about the copy of customs. My guess is that they saw that he have a lot of followers on the social media and some press coverage sometimes.
For the shape of the added parts, as they are making them they should have copied the mag (or the v2) and yes : put that on the AirAir's shoe or the Shibusa. airair : are you going to make a "custom kit" for your shoes to add some kind of heelcup with correct MAG decals ? That would be terrible :)

They are the shoes from dhgate. The soles and heel cup are one piece cast in white and feel spongey just like the soles from the v3. Also the lights are in the wrong order as the yellow and red are swapped. Also I just noticed the back of my left shoe is all kinds of crooked.

View attachment 701952
Too bad for this alignement :/
I wonder something else about these shoes : are the from a "real" roshe or is it a replica too ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The v3.1 looks crazy real but I think the only problem is the toebox it isn't flat like on the real ones ...could you mod them so they look like the real toebox ? And what else would I have to do to make them 1:1 ? :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

They need a US 7 with a sock toe to be true 1:1.

They toes tend to deform after a bit of wearing. My wear pair toe are flatter than my display pair.

Last edited:
Do you guys think the new v3.1 is more durable then the previous versions ? I really want to rock them but I heard the lights break very easy

My original V3's lasted for many wears walking around for hours at a time until one of the 'domes' in the soles didn't light up anymore. Only on my right shoe. I wore them again today (though I don't bother to light them up anymore) and so far that's still the only thing that's broken, when I checked at home after cleaning them.
Considering putting in some coloured plastic sheet in the shape of the domes and behind the nike logo at some point, which might emulate the look without lighting. Found a vaguely suitable colour plastic today (even if it is a bit too green-looking) but haven't done any testing yet with how it glues to rubber.
My next pair will be requested to be V3.1's but I probably won't be able to order them till next month. They're so new, anything about how many hours they can be worn before a wire breaks would all be speculation at the moment, unfortunately.
Can't imagine them being made much stronger, just looks like they've got the LEDs looking closer to the way they're supposed to.

I saw some videos of real mags and the leds flicker a bit when you film them is there any way you could mod that ?

I saw some videos of real mags and the leds flicker a bit when you film them is there any way you could mod that ?

Not really. It is just a refresh issue with the video camera. Higher frame speeds would stop it.

Hey guys i know this prob gets asked all the time but does anyone know where i can pick up some replicas to the uk?

www.sneakerahead.ru is where you find the V3 MAGs.

Which version?

I figure he can still get the crappy V2's or V2's.1's for a "great price". He didn't ask for the most accurate versions. Let alone he didn't look back through any of the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Which version?

I figure he can still get the crappy V2's or V2's.1's for a "great price". He didn't ask for the most accurate versions. Let alone he didn't look back through any of the thread.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back