27396670nw.jpg
27396671qq.jpg
27396672vk.jpg
27396673hc.jpg
27396674dv.jpg
27396675qx.jpg

Say hello golden fertility idol:p

Previously I've gathered some parts:
-Nikko Stirling 4x20 Scope plus scope mounts from another source (currently not the tall ones)
-Real Molex connectors
-MPP replica from a 2005 Master Replicas Vader ESB Force FX
-Bookies bronze Webley & Scott flaregun
quigyib6.jpg
t47wqixy.jpg
58vqb6wj.jpg
q5f7fugm.jpg
xyjnmi2l.jpg
2vzxx3fr.jpg
yz5gnjxk.jpg

The bronze cast is a heavy gorgeous piece of movie art:
rsxa6xh6.jpg
saqtvt78.jpg
bzyagszy.jpg
fsu9tb7b.jpg
qz3ymywj.jpg
irp8qpqf.jpg
sedqs2p3.jpg

I had to do some work on the flash tube and the barrel. The Master Replicas tube measures a diameter of 39mm, while the barrel of the Webley have only 37mm inside. I've tried to file down the 2mm by hand, but it was to effortful to handle. So, barrel up to 38mm as well as lathe down the flash to 38mm. Smooth fit:
fi5h9fmh.jpg
v9pol5sv.jpg
uleulqlm.jpg
1384481[/ATTACH]
a8cq8g97.jpg
fdm3wy67.jpg

I had to lathe down the tube twice in length, because the first try was leaving the tube out way too long from the barrel... now it looks all fine and the proportions seems to be good for the moment. Have to wait for the parts lot from Sidewinder to move along and try to match up the screen used dimensions and placements (scope, MPP, barrel,...). The wooden stock was coated with a glaze. The stock screws was shortened in length to fit the woods thickness.
nhmjc3wk.jpg
2jcfr93c.jpg
7uistgch.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Boba Fett ESB EE-3 Blaster - built in progress

Nice! And I like the Webley it is realy nice cast I saw it on TDH, it is pricy but for what I see it is worth that price. It alredy look nice, good work! :)

Looking good! Yeah, for some reason the MR vader MPP is a lot bigger than a actual MPP.
For reference, the OD on my MPP is right about 38mm (37.90+/- if ya wanna get technical)

Thank you guys. I really appreciate it.

Yep, the Webley is pricey but worth. I really like the weight and feel of metal made props..:thumbsup

That the tube is bigger in diameter is a shame..:facepalm it makes things difficult, like above. (Of course, it was never meant to be part of the extension of a BF EE-3. But when deciding for Master Replicas I would like to get a 'MASTER REPLICA 1to1 exact copy to the specs and dimensions' of the real one). But that's another topic. All went fine and I like it the way it sits and fits:cool

And what are your plans for elements on stock? If I recall right that was some electric parts? A connector that is also used in Vader helmet I belive. Are you going for actual parts or some replicas?

I'm sure you already know this since I saw your post on TDH. Sidewinder's kit has everything else you need like the stock greeblies scope mounts v8 engine rods and mystery disks

Exactly. I go with sidewinders parts, first. But, I would love to dig up the real electrical components as well. Any idea what those parts actual belong to?

If you are talking about the stock greeblies the center square greeblie is unknown so most use sidewinders or rafalfetts. For the other stock greeblies that flank the center square, those are called LMK aerial earth plugs. They are extremely rare so most use resin copies as well.

If you are talking about the stock greeblies the center square greeblie is unknown so most use sidewinders or rafalfetts. For the other stock greeblies that flank the center square, those are called LMK aerial earth plugs. They are extremely rare so most use resin copies as well.
When it comes to SW universe most details are so rare, I assume that was general idea to use elements that would not be reconasible at first look but now to find them or even to name some of them is just crazy. And I have to say I realy respect people who look for thoes exact parts. I assume It is awsome feeling to have EE-3 that is made out of actual parts. But I don't have such will power :lol I would just replicate it some way.

Yes, many real world parts used for Star Wars props are exceedingly rare now. I'm still looking for a set of LMK plugs. :( Sidewinder makes some nice resin casts of them as an alternative

When it comes to SW universe most details are so rare, I assume that was general idea to use elements that would not be reconasible at first look but now to find them or even to name some of them is just crazy. And I have to say I realy respect people who look for thoes exact parts..

Maybe these were also rare items back then as most of it came from military surplus or discarded stuff....... and even more rarer nowadays:(
Indeed, hats off to the guys who managed to track down every single part out of the real world:thumbsup

Here's a little side-project to my main built:
Boba Fett metal parts blaster, 4x20 Ziel, Heiland 1-Cell,...
ou33br6o.jpg

whnbn43v.jpg

3vjfncau.jpg

456dpkd9.jpg

gvt6gxh3.jpg

tqlrbk95.jpg

487xmlpj.jpg

hebx5k7i.jpg

This build is awesome. I have a 2005 Force FX Vader I was going to convert but I don't like bottom cap, so I think it's going on my Bookie Webley.

Are you planning to install electronics? I really like these new Webley castings that are available now. I have one of the Hand Schaub's from a few years back. My pride and joy.

beautiful job! the ESB ee3 is my favorite version. you did a amazing job. i hope to one day be able to tackle this build

very very impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back