Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I just completed a battery swap. Seems that another common problem is that some shoes have bad batteries. The shoe won't charge or turn on at all. I first swapped out the charge port and when that didn't work, I swapped the battery. I found an almost identical battery and an identical charge port on Ebay. The only difference in the battery is that the Ebay one is 1200mah instead of the 1000mah battery that comes with the shoe. If you do this swap, you have to switch the wire plugs, since they are different. The most stressful part of this is cutting open the insole. Since there are wires underneath, you must be VERY CAREFUL not to nick or cut them. I used a very sharp exacto knife. I started cutting on the inside of the shoe (not the swoosh side). When I got to the back of the shoe, I didn't push the knife too far down into the sole since I knew there were wires there. Then I just scored the insole the rest of the way (towards the swoosh side of the shoe). Then you have to pry up the insole. Once the swap is done. you can just lay the insole back down and glue it into place.

IMG_4325.JPGIMG_4326.JPGIMG_4328.JPGIMG_4332.JPGIMG_4334.JPGIMG_4335.JPGIMG_4336.JPG

I just completed a battery swap. Seems that another common problem is that some shoes have bad batteries. The shoe won't charge or turn on at all. I first swapped out the charge port and when that didn't work, I swapped the battery. I found an almost identical battery and an identical charge port on Ebay. The only difference in the battery is that the Ebay one is 1200mah instead of the 1000mah battery that comes with the shoe. If you do this swap, you have to switch the wire plugs, since they are different. The most stressful part of this is cutting open the insole. Since there are wires underneath, you must be VERY CAREFUL not to nick or cut them. I used a very sharp exacto knife. I started cutting on the inside of the shoe (not the swoosh side). When I got to the back of the shoe, I didn't push the knife too far down into the sole since I knew there were wires there. Then I just scored the insole the rest of the way (towards the swoosh side of the shoe). Then you have to pry up the insole. Once the swap is done. you can just lay the insole back down and glue it into place.

View attachment 668592View attachment 668593View attachment 668594View attachment 668595View attachment 668596View attachment 668597View attachment 668598

***** that looks scary.

My question is that as you now have installed the 1200mah battery. Has that made the lights brighter or is it just going to be better battery life now?

***** that looks scary.

My question is that as you now have installed the 1200mah battery. Has that made the lights brighter or is it just going to be better battery life now?

Not any brighter. Most likely just longer life but I doubt by much.

Jedifyfe If you do V3 classes to learn how to mod them, i'm up for a lesson from the master in April when i'll come to L.A ! haha.
I'm so glad that you're sharing us the knowledge you've got and i think we'll never can thank enough for this.
The thing that i really wonder is if the el panels that david is supposed to send you will be resistant enough to last longer than they do as "stock" since the weak spot is this this little wire in the middle of the el panel, i wish they did a new version of it where you'd have a black/red wire on each side on the panel so they would be nearly unkillable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just completed a battery swap. Seems that another common problem is that some shoes have bad batteries. The shoe won't charge or turn on at all. I first swapped out the charge port and when that didn't work, I swapped the battery. I found an almost identical battery and an identical charge port on Ebay. The only difference in the battery is that the Ebay one is 1200mah instead of the 1000mah battery that comes with the shoe. If you do this swap, you have to switch the wire plugs, since they are different.

Do you have a voltage meter or battery tester by chance? It would be interesting to see what the battery you pulled actually tests at.

As you indicated in the follow up post, the mAh is not a statement of "power" it is more a statement of battery life. The volts are more representative of the "power". Although, the EL panels require inverters. The power available to the panels is dependent on the inverter specifications and the gauge of the wires.

ETA -
Not any brighter. Most likely just longer life but I doubt by much.

20% longer☝️

Last edited:
I don't have a voltage meter. Besides this battery is dead and can't de charged so I don't know if it would register anything anyway.

I don't have a voltage meter. Besides this battery is dead and can't de charged so I don't know if it would register anything anyway.

Right on, was there any damage evident with the battery? Like does the broken battery flex more than the other, pushed in, etc? I am interested to know if the sole cavity doesn't support the battery from your body weight. Thus, broken batteries will keep happening. Similar to the EL, changing the panels wouldn't be the solution as the soles would keep severing the connection. You are aware of this one, I am simply drawing the comparison to help you understand why I am asking about the battery.

Right on, was there any damage evident with the battery? Like does the broken battery flex more than the other, pushed in, etc? I am interested to know if the sole cavity doesn't support the battery from your body weight. Thus, broken batteries will keep happening. Similar to the EL, changing the panels wouldn't be the solution as the soles would keep severing the connection. You are aware of this one, I am simply drawing the comparison to help you understand why I am asking about the battery.

Great question. No evidence of problems. The battery looked fine. The cool things is that it's very well protected and the wires are very sturdy. I was impressed at how good the thin wires are. There's also a protective plastic housing on top of the battery. It's that black think I'm lifting up.

but also the payment through western union info changed
it used to be Yang Jianxian
now its Wen Zhou

i would wait til david jones confirms anything

On another note:

My shoes have just arrived today. even though i was worried about yellowish soles from qc pictures:
View attachment 659794View attachment 659795

in real life they are not bad at all. i guess its just a camera issue but they turned out perfect IMO.

ill upload some pics later on of them in hand.

Also the US9.0 i ordered fit true to size.
If i would have ordered US9.5, i would have been fine.
stprime looks like Don Jon's pictures and comments might be relevant to your issues. Given the LED bubbles on your QC pics appeared to also be yellow, I'd say it is lighting.

- - - Updated - - -

Great question. No evidence of problems. The battery looked fine. The cool things is that it's very well protected and the wires are very sturdy. I was impressed at how good the thin wires are. There's also a protective plastic housing on top of the battery. It's that black think I'm lifting up.

can you tell what gauge the wires are?

davidjones888
Ive been waiting to pull the trigger on getting some v3s from David but these yellowing issues have put me off a little.

Also, does anyone know when the lower price ends on the site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my V2's, but I'm ready to pull the trigger on some V3's. I've been away from the thread for a while, so can someone do me the favor of pointing me in the right direction? I've been doing a little research and it sounds like a member named David is my best bet to safely get a pair. Anyone have contact info?

Sounds like people are having issues with yellow soles. Sounds like a Cavx sole upgrade is needed. Is this the route most people are taking? Any help is appreciated guy's.

@davidjones888
Ive been waiting to pull the trigger on getting some v3s from David but these yellowing issues have put me off a little.

Also, does anyone know when the lower price ends on the site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

based on Don Jon's post and the fact that Stprime's QC pics seemed to show the LED bubbles being commensurately colored, I don't know it is definitive there is a yellowing problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I love my V2's, but I'm ready to pull the trigger on some V3's. I've been away from the thread for a while, so can someone do me the favor of pointing me in the right direction? I've been doing a little research and it sounds like a member named David is my best bet to safely get a pair. Anyone have contact info?

Sounds like people are having issues with yellow soles. Sounds like a Cavx sole upgrade is needed. Is this the route most people are taking? Any help is appreciated guy's.

you can PM davidjones888 or www.sneakerahead.ru

@cavx : I guess I forgot to post this for you :

attachment.php

a DB-Z test :

attachment.php

and a J-Park test :

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cavx V3-AirMag.jpg
    Cavx V3-AirMag.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 523
  • DBZ-AirMag.jpg
    DBZ-AirMag.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 511
  • JPark-AirMag.jpg
    JPark-AirMag.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 520
Still waiting to see how they were asked for that picture. But, yes...that's pretty funny.
i skyped him
and i had already placed an order
everything i skyped to him about was about my order
the v3s
when i asked if the strap light up and the soles first he said no, than yes
soi asked for pics
and that is what i got

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back