Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. No one cares anymore. Even on GBFans, the Feigbusters talk is dying out.

and it died out rather quickly too. it basically amounted to a year of pro/con arguing with hardly anyone talking about the actual movie. which made it impossible to browse for cool new weird info. there's no reason to go back to there or imdb anymore even just to browse.

But if you think that place is bad, IMDB is the worst mess out there that is...

They not only have pro trolls, they have anti trolls imitating the pro trolls. and the pro trolls setting up multiple fake accounts, and the anti people parodying those multiple fake accounts and... my god...it's time to stop going to there ;o)..

But if you think that place is bad, IMDB is the worst mess out there that is...

They not only have pro trolls, they have anti trolls imitating the pro trolls. and the pro trolls setting up multiple fake accounts, and the anti people parodying those multiple fake accounts and... my god...it's time to stop going to there ;o)..
That is effing hilarious. I find the state of disarray and the fighting in the GB Fandom to be completely hilarious too. And you know what......it will continue until the pro rebooters admit that Feigbusters is nothing more than a failure that it utterly is.

That is effing hilarious. I find the state of disarray and the fighting in the GB Fandom to be completely hilarious too. And you know what......it will continue until the pro rebooters admit that Feigbusters is nothing more than a failure that it utterly is.
There are a lot of cool things going on in the GB fandom. I know many fans on both sides of the reboot fence that are getting along and enjoying themselves within the fandom just fine. If you simply can't get over not liking a movie, that's on you. Maybe shift your hobby interests just a bit.

That is, unless you consider whining, complaining, and being a generally negative person your hobby.

Great things are happening in the fandom? Lol You "pro" people are like the Ghostbusters version of Baghdad Bob. Lol I've STILL, STILL yet to meet a single person who has seen Faux-busters. And, I've more than a few movie, prop, sci-fi geeks in my world.

It's interesting how this movie kind of represents the country in miniature. A divided group. Half living in a la-la land of feelings, unicorns and "intentions. The other half living in reality, pointing out unicorns don't exist and dealing in facts.

Great things are happening in the fandom? Lol
Yes, great things are happening in the fandom.

Unseen photos and production art from the original movies are popping up like crazy. There have been countless interviews with Aykroyd and Reitman discussing the development and production of the two movies over the summer-- stuff which has NEVER been revealed until now. New high-end collector merch from the original film is pouring out to the marketplace, with more insanely cool stuff to come. There's a new making-of documentary with even MORE unreleased/unseen behind the scenes material, with the potential of a 4+ hour cut. One of the first decent Giga Meter electronics packages ever offered was just released. Production-era reference photos of the hero packs have come to light, plus fans got to hands-on dissect the hero packs. There's an AWESOME comic series. Hell, even the head honcho of the GB2 creature shop at ILM has been posting on GBFans!

All of this has been happening over the past year or so. Facts, not unicorns. There's a lot to enjoy with the GB fandom if you stop focusing on things that you don't like. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of cool things going on in the GB fandom. I know many fans on both sides of the reboot fence that are getting along and enjoying themselves within the fandom just fine. If you simply can't get over not liking a movie, that's on you. Maybe shift your hobby interests just a bit.

That is, unless you consider whining, complaining, and being a generally negative person your hobby.
Whining? You seem to whine a lot too. Pro reboot this? GB stuff that. "Why don't you leave the fandom because I (d_osborn) can't take your comments anymore." Wah, wah , Wah. You quit your bitching.

As for making a shift, never. My franchise and I are going to continue to make fun of Feigbusters and such. Watching it fail is so awesome.

Yes, great things are happening in the fandom.

Unseen photos and production art from the original movies are popping up like crazy. There have been countless interviews with Aykroyd and Reitman discussing the development and production of the two movies over the summer-- stuff which has NEVER been revealed until now. New high-end collector merch from the original film is pouring out to the marketplace, with more insanely cool stuff to come. There's a new making-of documentary with even MORE unreleased/unseen behind the scenes material, with the potential of a 4+ hour cut. One of the first decent Giga Meter electronics packages ever offered was just released. Production-era reference photos of the hero packs have come to light, plus fans got to hands-on dissect the hero packs. There's an AWESOME comic series. Hell, even the head honcho of the GB2 creature shop at ILM has been posting on GBFans!

All of this has been happening over the past year or so. Facts, not unicorns. There's a lot to enjoy with the GB fandom if you stop focusing on things that you don't like. :)
This is called deflecting the topic that is and continues to be the dumpster fire that is Feigbusters. #YouFeigedUp.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must realize that using the original to promote/prop up this case study in folly was an act of life support. Right? After doing everything to disavow the originals, insult the fans, and rebooting it in the worst way possible, they then went back to the original to prop it up as it became apparent that it was a disaster. A movie that can stand on its own stands on its own. If it could've, it would've.

But, I get it. It's all part of our culture of weakness and aspiration to "almost mediocre" these days. Nothing is ever a failure. God forbid. Failure hurts feelings. Better to BELIEVE you've succeeded and live life in denial than to accept failure, learn from it, and do better next time. We could be on the Titanic. The waters rising and pointing out that the ship is sinking and a snowflake would say, "That's mean. You're just being negative. Someone worked really hard on this ship and exciting things are happening in ship building these days"......

This is called deflecting the topic that is and continues to be the dumpster fire that is Feigbusters. #YouFeigedUp.

It's not only pitiful at this point, even they are getting apathetic toward their grand cause. if they are just doing it as a concerted fan wide effort to **** off detractors, considering just about every supporter uses the same MO, they are also running out of topics to cover positively.

Maybe because they are slowly starting to realize that this little film they championed not only killed the good will of the franchise, but the future of the franchise is basically dead at this point.

conglaturation. hope it was worth it. you completed a difficult choice.

If we showed a little unity, they might have thought twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Y
But, I get it. It's all part of our culture of weakness and aspiration to "almost mediocre" these days. Nothing is ever a failure. God forbid. Failure hurts feelings. Better to BELIEVE you've succeeded and live life in denial than to accept failure, learn from it, and do better next time. We could be on the Titanic. The waters rising and pointing out that the ship is sinking and a snowflake would say, "That's mean. You're just being negative. Someone worked really hard on this ship and exciting things are happening in ship building these days"......

you're joking, but sadly, you're also right. THIS is the world we live in, where even inanimate objects like movies have feelings and no, you will not insult that inanimate object by disliking it.

Ever notice how mostly BAD movies have that warning after the film? 'Lots of people worked hard on this film and it created many jobs!' what it is really saying is 'PLEASE don't trash us!'

You must realize that using the original to promote/prop up this case study in folly was an act of life support. Right? After doing everything to disavow the originals, insult the fans, and rebooting it in the worst way possible, they then went back to the original to prop it up as it became apparent that it was a disaster. A movie that can stand on its own stands on its own. If it could've, it would've.
Notice how what few new GB merchandise that was shown at SDCC was based off the original GB movie. I think Sony and Mattel may just be getting a clue that it is the original GB stuff that sells and the reboot crap is just plain crap destined to take up space in landfills.

Whining? You seem to whine a lot too. Pro reboot this? GB stuff that. "Why don't you leave the fandom because I (d_osborn) can't take your comments anymore." Wah, wah , Wah. You quit your bitching.

As for making a shift, never. My franchise and I are going to continue to make fun of Feigbusters and such. Watching it fail is so awesome.

***** Herschel ******, you are a pill.

It's not deflecting the topic. Go read the title of this thread. Does it say "Ghostbusters (2016) Endless Bitching About How It's A Dumpster Fire"? No? Then back the hell off.

I got news for you:

You don't own this thread.

You don't get to dictate what people can and cannot talk about in this thread.

I stopped reading and responding in this thread several weeks ago for two basic reasons:

1. There didn't seem to be much more left to say about the film once it was announced that there'd be no sequel. GB16 is basically a dead letter. The discussion about the production woes was mostly what I was interesting in, as well as seeing whether the film would get a sequel. We know the answer to that now, so, there just isn't that much left to discuss about the film and future releases from that perspective.

2. I got really, really, REALLY tired of the attitude I saw in here. I mean, ok, I get it. Some fans are still salty about this film. Fine. Personally, I advise getting over it and moving on with your lives, but apparently some folks would like to continue holding protests outside the cemetery where the now cremated horse's remains have been interred in its family crypt. But you know what turned me off the most? The attitude that this thread was suddenly only for discussion of how much people hate the film, how awful it is, and yadda yadda frickin' yadda. Wanna talk about the film's props or merchandise? "SHUT UP!!!! THIS IS OUR THREAD!!! NEGATIVE COMMENTS ONLY!!!!" Wanna discuss prop pictures from the new film or the old films? "SHUT UP!!!! THIS IS OUR THREAD!!! NEGATIVE COMMENTS ONLY!!!!" Wanna talk about a benefit event for a sick kid that was tangentially related to the film? "SHUT UP!!!! THIS IS OUR THREAD!!! NEGATIVE COMMENTS ONLY!!!!"

It's not your thread. It's a thread for people to discuss any and all things GB16. If you want a "negative comments only" thread, go start one and put it in the headline. At least then when people come in and try to discuss ANYTHING OTHER THAN EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO DISCUSS, you'll have some basis to say "SHUT UP!!!! THIS IS OUR THREAD!!! NEGATIVE COMMENTS ONLY!!!!"

But if that's just too much for you to bear, if you can't handle people doing anything other than crapping all over GB16 in this thread, and if you're just gonna try to shout down anyone who doesn't want to join in your hate parade, maybe it's time for the mods to finally lock this thread.

Very well said Dan. There are a number of threads I have avoided simple because a number of members do nothing but s*** on everyone who so much as mentions they may like a movie that's not well regarded by others. There's not even any intelligent discussion just an endless barrage of insults leveled at the director, cast, crew, and other members of the forum. I have to say I am not enjoying the RPF as much as I used to...

Well said @Solo4114!

Thanks for helping drive home my point.

You must realize that using the original to promote/prop up this case study in folly was an act of life support. Right?
No, my list of interesting things happening in the fandom was directed squarely at you-- someone who obviously didn't enjoy the reboot. Very little of that stuff is promo from Sony for the new movie. As I said before, there are interesting things happening in the fandom if you stop focusing on things you don't like. :)

Very well said Dan. There are a number of threads I have avoided simple because a number of members do nothing but s*** on everyone who so much as mentions they may like a movie that's not well regarded by others. There's not even any intelligent discussion just an endless barrage of insults leveled at the director, cast, crew, and other members of the forum. I have to say I am not enjoying the RPF as much as I used to...

I don't really care HOW it sounds to other people at this point.. folks are so ridiculous in their reactions these days..
If you don't get it, then i can't explain it to you.

Quite frankly, if the cast and crew didn't behave like they did, we wouldn't be at this point and it'd be more civil.
It's really as simple as that.

Personally, I find it funny that the people who hate that folks like to bash this movie till it's beyond dead, don't see that they are whining in the other direction ;o).
It really is quite simple. if people annoy you in the way they post, put them on ignore. how many times does it have to be said at this point?

No one says this thread is owned to them. but, certain people here have continually done just what you claim, and refuse to let others have their fun.
Our reboot trashing thread got locked the instant it went up. so, what other recourse is there?

One of the reasons I think this thing has gone on so long, is be cause there IS no other safe haven for detractors to trash this thing till the day it's forgotten.
All other sites need a narrative to survive, and censor you to no end to keep that narrative of false happiness going. and it's NICE to have a place where more people agree with you than don't....

and again, that also creates this culture of anti fans who feel their voice is being silenced.

What does it matter to you that a few select people are having fun trashing a film? why whine constantly about it?
that's what I don't get..

just ignore it, and move on...the world is not all happiness and rainbows.
Or is it Just THIS movie we arn't allowed to trash into oblivion?

seems perfectly ok for star trek beyond.

LOL That kinda reminds me of when I was a kid. My favorite food is pizza. We order from our normal place for Saturday night pie. The pie is delivered. We sit down. The pizza box is in the middle of the table. I'm starving. My father throws the lid back to reveal a gorgeous pepperoni pie. We all reach for slices. I pause, noticing something in the cheese. I say, "Wait. There's something in the cheese." My mother says it's just oregano. I poke with a fork and find several giant horseflies entombed in the cheese like the colonists on LV426. My sister and father drop their slices. "Oh, man. So much for Dominick's." My mother replied, "Oh, so there's a couple of flies in the pizza. Just eat around it.".... Be my guest.

LOL That kinda reminds me of when I was a kid. My favorite food is pizza. We order from our normal place for Saturday night pie. The pie is delivered. We sit down. The pizza box is in the middle of the table. I'm starving. My father throws the lid back to reveal a gorgeous pepperoni pie. We all reach for slices. I pause, noticing something in the cheese. I say, "Wait. There's something in the cheese." My mother says it's just oregano. I poke with a fork and find several giant horseflies entombed in the cheese like the colonists on LV426. My sister and father drop their slices. "Oh, man. So much for Dominick's." My mother replied, "Oh, so there's a couple of flies in the pizza. Just eat around it.".... Be my guest.
So did you completely write off all pizzas based on this event, or just the pizzas from Dominick's? Even though you had a bad experience from Dominick's Pizza doesn't mean all pizza is bad. Pizza can still be enjoyed if you don't focus solely on the bad pizza. ;)

...and funny enough, other people might have had pleasant experiences from Dominick's. Would you blame them for enjoying it, even though you didn't?

Again, hobby of enjoyment vs hobby of hatred, disgust, and vitriol.

No one says this thread is owned to them.

Literally? No, nobody has said that. But you and Goldhawk have certainly acted that way. Your attitude seems to have become "I'm gonna bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch forever about this film, and anyone who doesn't like it can just **** off."

You might have noticed that, apart from you, Goldhawk, and a couple others who are doing just that (bitching and bitching), most people HAVE ****ed off. Have you stopped to consider why that is?

I would venture it's the two reasons that I cited:

1. Nobody -- except people who just want to keep bitching ad infinitum -- has much else to say about this film. It came. It went. Folks moved on. Except you guys, that is.

2. People got tired of your attitude of "Don't like it? **** off, then." So, they ****ed off because they didn't like it.

The fact that you guys don't seem to really care is, I suspect, what rubs folks the wrong way the most.

Neil, this place is a community. It's our local hangout, of sorts. People come here to discuss all kinds of things in all kinds of ways. We have to share the space with each other. When everyone leaves the bar except for the drunk in the corner who never stops complaining, then that guy has basically driven everyone away. When his attitude is "Screw 'em! Let 'em find another bar if they don't like it!" it doesn't exactly engender a lot of goodwill towards him. That's how you guys are behaving currently.

One of the reasons I think this thing has gone on so long, is be cause there IS no other safe haven for detractors to trash this thing till the day it's forgotten.

No, the reason this thread has gone on as long as it has is simply because you guys aren't content to let it go. Look around. Have you noticed that, for the most part, the thread has devolved into you and Goldhawk basically just saying back and forth "How does this film suck? Let me count the ways." When other people have tried to interject some other angle of discussion, in come you two to crap all over everything they have to say. THAT is how you're acting as if you "own" the thread. THAT is why people stopped talking in here.

They got tired of you guys and your ****ty attitudes.

You also don't seem to recognize that you are doing the very thing you accuse the "supporters" of doing. Your behavior basically drowns out any and all conversation that isn't exactly what you want to talk about the way you want to talk about it.

For chrissakes, upthread there was a discussion about some benefit for a sick kid that had a little bit to do with this film, and you guys crapped all over it. Do you not see how that's exactly what you accuse the supporters of doing? How that comes across as shouting down all contrary opinions and drowning out different points of view from your own?

D_osborn posts a photo about a prop, and goldhawk shows up to **** on it. Jettajefro posts some other behind-the-scenes thing about the film, and you guys are there to say "Nobody cares!"

That, in essence, is you guys saying "SHUT UP!!! THIS IS OUR THREAD!!! NEGATIVE COMMENTS ONLY!!!" and it is incredibly off-putting.

Your behavior is driving people away from this thread. I held my tongue about it before, but this has just become completely ridiculous. You know I'm not a supporter of this film and never have been. We've had a pretty friendly relationship on this board, so I say this to you in that spirit:

It's time to walk away from this thread.

If you so need a safe haven to continue bitching about this film, free from any other discussion other than likeminded bitching, start your own thread. Make it abundantly clear in the title. Something like "KEEP OUT: Bitching about GB16 ONLY." While you can't actually stop people from coming into the thread with other things to discuss, at least everyone will be on notice. But THIS thread? This is the general GB16 thread. It's NOT the "Bitching About GB16" thread.

D_osborn posts a photo about a prop, and goldhawk shows up to **** on it. Jettajefro posts some other behind-the-scenes thing about the film, and you guys are there to say "Nobody cares!"

That, in essence, is you guys saying "SHUT UP!!! THIS IS OUR THREAD!!! NEGATIVE COMMENTS ONLY!!!" and it is incredibly off-putting.

Your behavior is driving people away from this thread. I held my tongue about it before, but this has just become completely ridiculous. You know I'm not a supporter of this film and never have been. We've had a pretty friendly relationship on this board, so I say this to you in that spirit:

It's time to walk away from this thread.

If you so need a safe haven to continue bitching about this film, free from any other discussion other than likeminded bitching, start your own thread. Make it abundantly clear in the title. Something like "KEEP OUT: Bitching about GB16 ONLY." While you can't actually stop people from coming into the thread with other things to discuss, at least everyone will be on notice. But THIS thread? This is the general GB16 thread. It's NOT the "Bitching About GB16" thread.

I'm trying to keep this civil too, since for the most part we tend to agree on things.

But...

You'll notice i'm one of the few detractors who, at least in the beginning, tried to post interesting things about the movie that WASN'T Bashing it. photos of that bike that hemsworth rode. info about the digital release. hell, I even said things I liked about the movie, which granted, wasn't many.

Want to know where I finally grew tired of it and just stuck to bashing?

Where where people sticking up for me when folks where bashing my negative attitude, when I tried to keep it to the movie?
That only happened recently within the last few pages, and I thank them for the support ;o).

If my attitude changed toward only constantly b ashing it, it was because I was growing tired of constantly defending my negative attitude.
If people want to play that way, we can play that way. but I REALLY try not too. I like to keep the peace whenever possible. Even if I think it's not really needed. hence why I have 12 or so people on ignore in this thread. The only time I reply to those people is when I see MYSELF getting trashed in their quoted posts...

And dude, When I realized no one was going to start a positive thread to keep the peace, I DID START A THREAD FOR JUST THAT PURPOSE! It was brought up 10 times that it was locked in THIS thread the instant it was put up. I EVEN PUT IN THE DESCRIPTION, PLEASE DO NOT BASH ME OR OTHERS FOR THE WAY WE DO THINGS, THIS IS TO KEEP THE PEACE!

What happened? it got locked! Within minutes!

It would have kept the peace ten fold around here. But instead, we went back and forth with supporters bashing the detractors, which has happened far more often. I don't blame people for going back after it....on both sides for that matter.... not one bit.

It's HARD to trash a movie and the weird things surrounding it, when, after every 6 posts, your method of posting gets brought back up AGAIN, simply because it's ruining the good time of the people who like to talk positively about things! even when we aren't talking about the people talking positively about things!

It happened, what, 20 times in this thread, and maybe 40 in the others?

If this thread devolves into simply me and golden hawk trashing it constantly, i'm happy with that. if others aren't, I just don't know what to say at this point.
We can't trash talk it elsewhere due to censorship. We can't trash talk it in a thread designed to trash talk it...what other recourse is there for those who feel the need to vent about how sorry a franchise they once like has become? and if we like doing it, why walk away?

All the opinions are one sided now on both sides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back