TFA Saber clamp tape?

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was recently shopping at a film industry store in LA where they have probably every tape known to man.
I found this metallic tape that look suspiciously like the finish of the Graflex.

Im no expert on the TFA saber yet but wondered if anyone here might have more insight. It's possible the art dept. on the film would have this in their stash.

Thoughts?

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The exhibit versions show it to be a laminated sheet of metal.
Someones already working on it.

There is a 75 page discussion on the saber here.

Have to disagree that the Launch Bay ones are definitely metal, unless there's a post I missed from someone who got to handle one? With the way one is peeling up, without creases or bends, it really could be a metallic tape (thx RexKramer/OnFire5210/Sym-cha for pics):

Bd96sQi.jpg

TFA%20-%20GRAFLEX-01A_zpsfu4bl0vf.jpg

2ce294ca5d74f1675e39d56b487ed375.jpg

Here's a test overlay done with a tape similar to what @Panaflex posted above:

We don't know enough about the movie versions which have a different look to them and very well could be laser cut and rolled sheet metal. The Launch Bay replicas could be metal but to me the evidence points more towards a sticker.

Either way, I think that could be useful for some custom saber action!

Panaflex-- which store is that? (I'm an LA guy too).

Either way, I think that could be useful for some custom saber action!

Panaflex-- which store is that? (I'm an LA guy too).

Thanks SethS.

Yeah, I couldn't say for sure but after handling it in person, it sure looked the part.

It's from Mole Richardson.

Here's a link to what I believe is the same product I saw in the store. Lot's of cool kit bashing supplies there.

http://studiodepot.com/products/silver-mylar-tape-1-in

The example that you show was done by rpf user E Williams

I got in touch with him and he was generous enough to send me some samples which looks fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing a run of stainless steel sheet metal clamp covers.
Here are some pictures:

View attachment 585410
View attachment 585411 View attachment 585412
View attachment 585413
View attachment 585414
View attachment 585415

These are samples with cut grooves instead of embossed grooves. In the final version they'll be embossed.

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

Those are smokin' hot Roy, I'm planning to purchase a full TFA kit when your'e offering them up complete. The tape is just a ponderable. Trying to figure out what the heck they used on the set.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back