Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
First leaked artwork for Avengers 4.
De7FDqDW4AIBGeD.jpg

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...-team-new-costumes-and-captain-marvel-a161105

Finally saw this last night. Jeez, what a downer! It's an emotional roller coaster ride from the start (with Loki), to the very bitter end. I loved seeing a bit of humanity in Thanos, though, as he's realizing he must sacrifice Gamora. Great filmmaking there.

SB

I am one who subscribes to the theory that Loki's not dead, as he didn't turn blue when the illusion of his humanity (or Asgardianity, whatever) faded.

As far as the Avengers 4 concept art... As nice as it woul dbe to see Steve back to being Cap, and Tasha back to being a redhead, I still have a sneaking feeling the IW looks will be maintained to distinguish them from other/earlier versions of themselves if, as photos from the film shoot seem to hint at, time travel is involved.

I am one who subscribes to the theory that Loki's not dead, as he didn't turn blue when the illusion of his humanity (or Asgardianity, whatever) faded.

I personally don't believe that Loki casts his own illusion to alter his appearance. He never knew that he was a Frost Giant until he confronted Odin about it after the Frost Giants snuck into Asgard. If he was casting his own spell, then he wouldn't need to ask Odin about his true parentage. Perhaps when Odin took him home, he put a permanent enchantment on him or something.

Amazing from start to finish! It didn't feel like 2 and a half hours. MCU villain that was genuinely compelling. A welcome break from the structure of other Marvel movies. I loved the colour palette too, really brought the source material to life!

Something someone recently pointed out to me: In GOTG, Gamora's Nova Corps file listed her as the last of her species. I wonder if Thanos ever actually went back to her world, or if his "full bellies" justification to her was just what he thought would happen after his culling?

Something someone recently pointed out to me: In GOTG, Gamora's Nova Corps file listed her as the last of her species. I wonder if Thanos ever actually went back to her world, or if his "full bellies" justification to her was just what he thought would happen after his culling?

Could have just been a background detail Gunn tossed in, unaware of the ultimate path of the MCU. Kinda like seeing the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's weapons vault in the first Thor movie. While that ultimately got retconned in Ragnarok, it was questioned by many up to that point. Especially after seeing Thanos already had the Gauntlet, sans gems, in the post credit scene from... I forget which movie.

Could have just been a background detail Gunn tossed in, unaware of the ultimate path of the MCU. Kinda like seeing the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's weapons vault in the first Thor movie. While that ultimately got retconned in Ragnarok, it was questioned by many up to that point. Especially after seeing Thanos already had the Gauntlet, sans gems, in the post credit scene from... I forget which movie.

This is most probably the answer. GOTG1 was nearly 4 years ago.

Also, I saw IW again today. It's in the second run theaters. Still holds up. Can't wait for it to get on disc.

I read a bit about this tonight, and it seems the files being referenced were only used in previews and promotional materials. They weren’t in the actual film.

I did NOT go back and actually watch the film to verify the accuracy of this, though.

Here is the featurette where it’s mentioned. You’ll notice he also mentions that Ronin, not Thanos, destroyed her home world.

It says in the film film the dialogue is changed to: “surgically modified and trained as a living weapon,” and he mentions Thanos as her adopted father.

Details here:

https://www.slashfilm.com/mcu-continuity-errors-infinity-war/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just seen this, I know, way late to the party!

Now, this is how you subvert expectations! What a film. I had an idea it wasn't going to end well for the Avengers, spoilers are too hard to avoid for this long, but I had no idea it was going to be that bad for them.

My only gripe, when Tony gets pulled into the fight at the start and Pepper is giving him grief to walk away and not get involved. Like, seriously, how selfish she gotta be? Was hoping she got disintegrated at the end, no such luck:angry

Other than that, top notch, A+, can't wait for the next one.

Also:
How come this dude isn't dead?
No, he's not a dude, he's a man, you're a dude!!
Had me howling.

If I was Thanos, I would have used my snap of the fingers to rid the world of all the bad and corrupt people, and then all hornets, wasps, spiders, fire ants, scorpions, roaches.... and that would probably about do it.

Wouldn’t that make the world a better place and work itself out? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally watched this last night. Thanos = Evil Space Malthus.

Having read the Infinity Gauntlet series in the 90s, I knew a lot of folks wouldn't make it out alive. I was actually surprised at who survived though. Now I'm curious to see how they reverse it and how far the reversal goes. Like will some folks be brought back but not others? Or will everyone come back?

I know the GotG and Spidey will. But will Buck? Falcon? Hill? Fury?

And how many will die in the next film, especially those who have hinted at being ready to move on from the franchise, like Chris Evans?

I guess we will see.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There are those who are still speculating whether or not Loki and Gamora would make it back, knowing that they were killed by "natural" means, and not by being "dusted" off after the snap.

I had another thought about this film. Especially as compared to the last real Avengers movie (Cap: Civil War is like a mini-Avengers movie), I thought this film was fantastically well paced. Age of Ultron felt overstuffed and like it didn't have time to breathe. I think much of that is because the film tried to take on too many issues all at once in a single film. By contrast, Infinity War felt like it threaded well from the previous movies, each of which laid out the necessary groundwork to let you just jump into this story in media res without it feeling as if you have no clue what's happening. With Age of Ultron, it just felt...I dunno...rushed? Even though it was about as long as Infinity War, it still felt like stuff just happened and we didn't get enough time with any of the characters for me to care about what was happening with them. This one felt different.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back