Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Yeah, and that was horrible.

Oh FFS, and explosions and ship engines don't make sounds in space! Did you not even read my paragraph on acceptable scientific liberties?!

Sure I did.i just find it fascinating when you justify something being bad in later depictions after it essentially happened in the OT.
Dance for me!

But in all seriousness, I still don't think Kennedy drops before EpIX hits. Just seems premature.

Sure feels like KK wanted to kill off the “old” Star Wars. Mission Accomplished. Too bad the “replacement” is complete garbage. Doubt Disney will fire her, and if they do, the narrative will be that she got ousted over Star Wars fans rabid racism and sexism:rolleyes

We all know how the system works, the word fired will never come in to the equation even though thats more and likely what has happened. The down turn in Star Wars in general has been dramatic since the last two movies not only in financial terms but in terms of general reputation. The fact that the fan community is in disarray should also be a major point of concern. She could have helped with that matter by at least making some sort of statement or comment to try and calm the waters but we get zip.

And to those who would fire back with "that`s not her responsibility"...please keep it to yourself. A good President would make that their responsibility.

Hey Syfy says there isn't a fan problem, there's a "white male Star Wars fan problem".

I have no problem with KK, just the directors and story group. I'm all for elevating Dave Filoni as one person suggested because I think he's the only one who gets SW.

We all know how the system works, the word fired will never come in to the equation even though thats more and likely what has happened. The down turn in Star Wars in general has been dramatic since the last two movies not only in financial terms but in terms of general reputation. The fact that the fan community is in disarray should also be a major point of concern. She could have helped with that matter by at least making some sort of statement or comment to try and calm the waters but we get zip.

And to those who would fire back with "that`s not her responsibility"...please keep it to yourself. A good President would make that their responsibility.

It's almost as if it was KK's goal to kill everything that people derive joy from. KK is not happy unless everyone else is as unhappy as she is.

They haven't even seen all the damage from TLJ yet. More will show up in the form of episode 9 selling worse regardless of how good it looks or is.

I'm wondering if they will have the sense to understand that was caused by TLJ, or if they will do the usual Hollywood thing of blaming it all on episode 9.

Hey Syfy says there isn't a fan problem, there's a "white male Star Wars fan problem".
So does Forbes, and also racism. Ironically KK didn't make Star Wars more racially diverse. She made it less. Because she wanted so many STRONG WOMYNTM , there were fewer nonhumans in the resistance. Two of the most beloved characters of all time were played by Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher.

So yeah, must be the -isms. Always a sign that they are losing an argument when they go to "your racist, a white male, sexist, etc.

I have no problem with KK, just the directors and story group. I'm all for elevating Dave Filoni as one person suggested because I think he's the only one who gets SW.
Oh...sure, sure. I thought they'd make a good couple, and what do I get, baby Damien. Burn it all down, and rebuild.

They haven't even seen all the damage from TLJ yet. More will show up in the form of episode 9 selling worse regardless of how good it looks or is.

I'm wondering if they will have the sense to understand that was caused by TLJ, or if they will do the usual Hollywood thing of blaming it all on episode 9.

I think they are now more than aware of the situation they are facing with Ep Nein, at least the ones who`s job is not protected and can live in a bubble. The simple fact is that Star Wars going in to the future will not lose any fans by removing Kennedy and Johnson from the situation but stand to regain the huge amount of fans that are now disinterested with it and what they put on the shelves because of them.

It took you an hour to come up with that? Why are you stalking me? I thought we agreed to avoid each other. Just cant help yourself I guess. Please get over the fact that you thought you reinvented the wheel with your How to make a good Star Wars movie thread and because I was lucky enough to be the first to respond with a great Dont hire Rian Johnson line, youve had a chip on your shoulder ever since..Grow up.

It took you an hour to come up with that? Why are you stalking me? I thought we agreed to avoid each other. Just cant help yourself I guess. Please get over the fact that you thought you reinvented the wheel with your How to make a good Star Wars movie thread and because I was lucky enough to be the first to respond with a great Dont hire Rian Johnson line, youve had a chip on your shoulder ever since..Grow up.

Actually, what took an hour was going to the grocery store, making some dinner, and watering my yard. As much as you think I may be a keyboard commando just waiting for your inept reply, I'm not.

And I never agreed to ignore you. I said I was done with the pointless conversation we had going on last time. YOU said you planned to ignore me. I fully intend to continue to point out when you say absurd things-- like that KK owes fandom a response. The same way I've debated half a dozen other people in this thread. You're not special, save for the fact that you say more absurd things than others.

And you seem far more worked up about that thread than I do. You also seem really worked up about me. And you constantly misinterpret the things I say to the point that I doubt your basically ability to comprehend things. Show me one place where I worship Rian Johnson or sing his amazing praises. I know it doesn't fit the narrative you have designed for me, but I don't love TLJ.

Last edited:

Your ability to completely forget the things you post in the past is probably the major reason I dont like interacting with you at any level. I`ll ask one more time, please leave me alone or I will take it to a place where that can be made to happen.

Ruin Johnson needs to be replaced ASAP. He can't write or dirrect. He's single handedly destroyed SW at this point. Nothing about TLJ is redeemable.

I enjoyed TFA, parts of R1, and most of Solo. I Hope JJ can pull something out of his backside to redeem the joke that was TLJ.....
KK needs to go. She's pure poison to the future of SW. I dont think Filoni is the answer either.
The Mouse needs to dig deep and fix the mess that's been made.

Your ability to completely forget the things you post in the past is probably the major reason I dont like interacting with you at any level. I`ll ask one more time, please leave me alone or I will take it to a place where that can be made to happen.

I don't forget, I just have to explain it to you seventeen times so it ends up sounding different.

But, okay-- fine. Since you asked nicely and we're never going to not fight, I'll abide and leave you alone. I'll put you back on ignore and won't respond again...

...but don't internet threaten me. That's pathetic.

...but don't internet threaten me. That's pathetic.

Being over dramatic to compensate is another reason why I`d prefer to not interact with you. That wasnt a threat, simply me informing you that the forum has a system in place that deals with these kind of rare situations.

Ruin Johnson needs to be replaced ASAP. He can't write or dirrect. He's single handedly destroyed SW at this point. Nothing about TLJ is redeemable.

I enjoyed TFA, parts of R1, and most of Solo. I Hope JJ can pull something out of his backside to redeem the joke that was TLJ.....
KK needs to go. She's pure poison to the future of SW. I dont think Filoni is the answer either.
The Mouse needs to dig deep and fix the mess that's been made.

No matter which side of this debate people take, to be honest, we'll know the truths soon enough. Just TWO more releases and it will be painfully clear either way. Episode 9 and whatever follows it will be key.

Just a few things--

- SW movies do not fall under the same bomb/hit rules as other blockbusters. Since it is a brand, even a hit is considered a win considering all the licensing and passive income.

- THAT said, Solo, even if it wasn't expected to profit, definitely under performed.

- for KK to be fired, there would have to be at least 2, if not 3 failures in a row; and public opinion would have to be insanely over the top.

So we will know within a few years.

If the angry fan contingent is actually big enough to make an impact with either of those avenues, then the outcry will be heard outside of geek culture websites, and the box office will take a serious hit.

If the next two features bounce back, then we'll know the angry fans are a minority.

We can keep fighting, but really, we just need to wait and see.

No we should totally keep arguing about this because I feel like the executives at Disney are really just waiting to hear from us so that they can make their final decision lol.

As was stated by someone in TLJ thread a while back, not sure if you ever saw it, its more for the therapy than for the sake of being noticed.

No I definitely didn't read the whole TLJ thread. It got really long and out of hand way before I could get that far into it. I was having a baby at the time, so we we're lucky to even make it to the theater!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back