MG-81 Flash Hider Value

Honestly, I was relieved it didn’t go higher. While high prices can sometimes jostle parts loose from other hesitant collectors, it can set a dangerous precedent. It’s going to make somebody very happy, though, I’m sure, so congrats to the seller and its new owner - whomever that may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wouldn´t have paid that for this condition, so i don´t really "wonder" it wasn´t valued higher. But sometimes people surprise me.

And with only one bidder, that high from the start ...... i wonder if it might have been a bait, to try to bring folks to go higher.

All will be revealed shortly I’m sure... the winner of the auction is a member (and no it wasn’t me )

There was a sonix 75 radio being sold this year for 500€.
I think the radio is as rare as this piece and is being searched more often.

So for me 3500$ for this piece is way too high. And i am sure the buyer will never see the money if he resells it.

There was a sonix 75 radio being sold this year for 500€.
I think the radio is as rare as this piece and is being searched more often.

So for me 3500$ for this piece is way too high. And i am sure the buyer will never see the money if he resells it.

Oh I’m sure the buyer will see a good return. There will be incredibly accurate replicas for sale soon I’m sure of it. I won’t spoil it for the buyer as it’s his place to announce it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that’s who I figured was bidding. It makes sense when that’s your business, but the rest of us are just left with the new inflated prices collectors will now value their parts at. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Anyhow, I might have bit down on a sour grape or two this morning, so I’m gonna go spit em out and get some coffee.

I agree, there appears to be too much money in the world. On the other hand, there is some advantage to have a thing start out high, and works it’s way down to reality. As opposed to seeing that you have missed out on yet another good deal because you can’t monitor your feed on a second-by-second basis...

I'm surprised it didn't go for much more. In the 70's the Brits had whole airplane graveyards left over from the Blitz to salvage parts from. But with the demilitarization of Germany and the whole world's post-war desire to forget that WWII happened it's a wonder there are as many as there are in circulation. I got to sit in the only functional Heinkel bomber at an airshow once. It was held together with screws instead of rivets. Trippy...

I'm surprised it didn't go for much more. In the 70's the Brits had whole airplane graveyards left over from the Blitz to salvage parts from. But with the demilitarization of Germany and the whole world's post-war desire to forget that WWII happened it's a wonder there are as many as there are in circulation. I got to sit in the only functional Heinkel bomber at an airshow once. It was held together with screws instead of rivets. Trippy...

Screws? Seriously? And it actually flew?

Yep, Phillips heads, they said it was made like that because it was more efficient for making repairs. And it flew. Never saw anything like it.

Wonder how long the preflight took on that one each turnaround - phillips head screwdriver in-hand... lol!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back