Bandai release schedule

It is a reflection of Bandai's prolific releases over the last couple of years that even a small gap in timing sets off the panic button.

Of all the things I have to worry about, this is not one of them.

Besides, I still don't have a Grevious and I'm not done with the PG, so... I'm good with a gap.

April 1st is the beginning of Bandai's fiscal year, so maybe we will hear something around then.

It is also hard to believe they would build that B-wing exhibit model if they were going to pull the plug.

April 1st is the beginning of Bandai's fiscal year, so maybe we will hear something around then.

It is also hard to believe they would build that B-wing exhibit model if they were going to pull the plug.

Theyalso had a large star destroyer and walker on display :facepalm

Theyalso had a large star destroyer and walker on display :facepalm

Those were "attention grabbers". They were never meant to be kits. I haven't seen a close up picture that shows the intricate detail of the Bandai B-wing. It may be a 3D print that is used to gauge interest on whether it would be feasible to create a mould.

TazMan2000

Oh Lord. Can we all agree to never ever bring up those star destroyer and walker displays ever again? Those cannot be the catch-all proof that Bandai never keeps their promises. That's like saying Disney is promising moviegoers a life-size cardboard Millennium Falcon cockpit with each ticket to Solo just because they have one on display in the theater lobby!

April 1st... so perfect time for them to announce we aren't actually getting that B-Wing, but instead a Resistance Bomber.

Oh Lord. Can we all agree to never ever bring up those star destroyer and walker displays ever again? Those cannot be the catch-all proof that Bandai never keeps their promises. That's like saying Disney is promising moviegoers a life-size cardboard Millennium Falcon cockpit with each ticket to Solo just because they have one on display in the theater lobby!

Yeah but Disney is promoting a film, not a cardboard cockpit....whats Bandai promoting?

Besides, Bandai had their large Falcon in display as well and then eventually became a reality.

Ill be happy with a B wing or Blockade Runner regardless.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOT saying that at all!

Just saying that people are getting overly excited by teases, and should just relax and see what happens!

No reason to panic!

Yeah but Disney is promoting a film, not a cardboard cockpit....whats Bandai promoting?

Both are PR materials to sell other products. Bandai was promoting its line. They've also made displays with yards of Death Star surface tiles and multiple fighters, but does displaying it qualify as a promise that they're going to offer a "Battle of the Death Star Diorama" kit featuring all those materials? My point is that Bandai never promised a star destroyer or moving walker kit, so we should stop bringing them up as so-called evidence of promises unfulfilled. :cheers Now everyone drink. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

NOT saying that at all!

Just saying that people are getting overly excited by teases, and should just relax and see what happens!

No reason to panic!

Ah. Gotcha. Agree. And NOW we drink. :cheers:cheers

Both are PR materials to sell other products. Bandai was promoting its line. They've also made displays with yards of Death Star surface tiles and multiple fighters, but does displaying it qualify as a promise that they're going to offer a "Battle of the Death Star Diorama" kit featuring all those materials? My point is that Bandai never promised a star destroyer or moving walker kit, so we should stop bringing them up as so-called evidence of promises unfulfilled. :cheers Now everyone drink. :lol

1bc74f05ec85eaf333b0a5f4d091251f.jpg

Cheers!

Just found this on the cult TV man’s website. not sure how reliable it is but-

https://culttvman.com/main/upcoming-kit-releases/

“Coming late spring/early summer 2018

The Joker 1966 from Moebius Models – PREORDER RESERVATION
Wonder Woman Lynda Carter from Moebius Models – PREORDER RESERVATION
Lost in Space Robot DELUXE kit 1:6 scale with glass dome from Moebius Models – PREORDER RESERVATION
Lost in Space Robot Complete Glass Dome kit from Moebius Models – PREORDER RESERVATION
Lost in Space Robot Glass Dome only from Moebius Models – PREORDER RESERVATION
Deluxe METAL Flying Sub finished diecast model 1:32 scale from Moebius Models – PREORDER RESERVATION
USS Defiant from DS9 – 1:1000 from Round 2/Polar Lights – PREORDER RESERVATION
Jolly Roger: Dismay Be The End – PREORDER RESERVATION

Tom Daniel’s Rommel’s Rod – 2018 reissue from Revell – PREORDER RESERVATION

Jolly Roger: In The Pinch Of Peril – PREORDER RESERVATION
USS Grissom/Klingon Bird of Prey 1:1000 from Round 2/Polar Lights – PREORDER RESERVATION
Space 1999 Hawk Mk IX 1:72 scale from MPC/Round 2 – PREORDER RESERVATION
Greek Myths – Medusa – 1:25 scale from Master Box
NEW Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper 1:12 from Bandai
NEW Han Solo Stormtrooper 1:12 from Bandai
NEW Mini Star Wars figures 1:72 from Bandai
NEW Solo kits from Revell – 3 models
NEW Star Wars B-Wing 1:72 scale from Bandai
NEW Darth Vader with removable helmet 1:12 from Bandai”

Besides, Bandai had their large Falcon in display as well and then eventually became a reality.

Ill be happy with a B wing or Blockade Runner regardless.

[emoji106]

So perhaps, those display only items are akin to auto show concept cars. If they are popular enough, they may become a production model, some day.

Funny how the what about... crowd never mentions the giant Darth Vader's TIE Bandai displayed a few years ago.

It isn't unusual for a company to have an attention grabber at their booths that will never be for sale. Lego has displays like life size characters and other things that are way bigger than any sets they sell. Gentle Giant has things like the full size Jabba and other characters that are way bigger than what they normally sell. Although they do sell a life size Kenner Vader but that is unusual to actually sell one that size.

I can see the large Bandai SD being an attention grabber, but a 1/72 fighter doesn't make much sense as an attention grabber. It blends in with the other 1/72 fighters they have on the same shelf. It doesn't stand out at all unless you are very familiar with what kits they have already released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

When it comes to Solo, Bandai may be waiting to see if the movie has decent box office before committing to a kit. If it does well, it's hard not to see them jumping in with at least a 1/1/44 Falcon at some point. They may be making a calculation that they can move more B-wings than a Solo tie-in kit, at least for now. If I were them, I'd make that same bet, especially knowing Revell has already announced a few kits to satisfy the novelty purchasers.

When it comes to Solo, Bandai may be waiting to see if the movie has decent box office before committing to a kit. If it does well, it's hard not to see them jumping in with at least a 1/1/44 Falcon at some point. They may be making a calculation that they can move more B-wings than a Solo tie-in kit, at least for now. If I were them, I'd make that same bet, especially knowing Revell has already announced a few kits to satisfy the novelty purchasers.

I dunno.
Waiting to see the films BO returns would mean RD and engineering would start afterward and would push back the release several months or even a year...well past the prime interest window.

The Last Jedi resulted in a 45% drop in SW merch sales and Bandai announced the release of those ships before the movie came out.

It isn't unusual for a company to have an attention grabber at their booths that will never be for sale. Lego has displays like life size characters and other things that are way bigger than any sets they sell. Gentle Giant has things like the full size Jabba and other characters that are way bigger than what they normally sell. Although they do sell a life size Kenner Vader but that is unusual to actually sell one that size.

I can see the large Bandai SD being an attention grabber, but a 1/72 fighter doesn't make much sense as an attention grabber. It blends in with the other 1/72 fighters they have on the same shelf. It doesn't stand out at all unless you are very familiar with what kits they have already released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I agree.
A spectacle environment set piece or a giant ship to accent the display makes sense for marketing, but simply throwing out a 1/72 scale that falls into line with the other ships being sold doesn’t make much sense.

I agree.
A spectacle environment set piece or a giant ship to accent the display makes sense for marketing, but simply throwing out a 1/72 scale that falls into line with the other ships being sold doesn’t make much sense.

It may not makes sense, but they have done it before

Bandai had just released the Cosmo Zero and Falcon variants in 1/72. These two 1/72 scale fighters were shown at a 2013 hobby show and never materialized, or at least in that scale, they did appear as small mecha "non-scale box-scale" kits
http://www.ourstarblazers.com/vault-images/nov13/AllJapan201311.JPG
http://www.ourstarblazers.com/vault-images/nov13/AllJapan201312.JPG

People have been asking for them ever since.

Hopefully they don't chicken out and give us a mecha B-Wing instead

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back