Battlestar Galactica (NEW FILM)

The thing that Hollywood, and a lot of these neo-feminist liberals haven't figured out is that simply gender swapping does not make things equal, nor do inclusion contracts or other forms of affirmative action. All it really does is say that X group isn't strong or good enough to stand on their own when the playing field has been leveled and that they need some sort of helping hand.

In the case of BSG, as others have pointed out, there were any number of strong female chjaracters and to say that they need to gender swap characters in order to have strong female characters is an insult to the actresses who portrayed them originally and the script writers too. If they really want to go the whole gender equality route then all they have to do is take the existing female characters and give them a more prominent role in the movie, problem solved. It's a simple solution to what's really, in this case, a non-existent problem.

The original characters give them sooooooooooooo much to work with if they wanted to expand on them.

Can anyone name a black female fighter pilot depicted EVER before TOS BG on TV?

And that is the point.
Good to bring up LT Deitre who was played by Sheila DeWindt. There were times she commanded the squadron when Starbuck and Apollo would fly off.

Thanks to Gene Roddenberry and Nichelle Nichols in Star Trek; I didn't see Uhura as out of place on the bridge of the Enterprise. I know that I'll get hit with the sexist stick but she was just an attractive officer who could sing and really sported that mini-skirt uniform.

At least, TOS BSG gave female officers the same warrior costumes so they weren't just eye candy.... but to think of it, I don't remember any guys ever wearing the pressure suits just those hot-pants shorts and the pyramid armour. :facepalm

And that is the point.
Good to bring up LT Deitre who was played by Sheila DeWindt. There were times she commanded the squadron when Starbuck and Apollo would fly off.

Thanks to Gene Roddenberry and Nichelle Nichols in Star Trek; I didn't see Uhura as out of place on the bridge of the Enterprise. I know that I'll get hit with the sexist stick but she was just an attractive officer who could sing and really sported that mini-skirt uniform.

At least, TOS BSG gave female officers the same warrior costumes so they weren't just eye candy.... but to think of it, I don't remember any guys ever wearing the pressure suits just those hot-pants shorts and the pyramid armour. :facepalm

Original launch tube scene with Starbuck and Cassiopia, he had his shirt off. They, probably wisely, decided to dial back the implied sexuality.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Siress Belloby!

You talk about a STRONG Female character, hell she even had Adama running for the hills!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back