Rob Bottin!

Mmm. Maybe, Im old school I admired all the iconic artists, I'm 41 now and not in the loop.
My local university teaches it as a degree course, I see all the young kids hanging out in the local bar, I say to them who's your favourite effects guy? They're like, "...dunno?" And I say why do you wanna do sfx, who inspired you? "...dunno" Name a famous fx artist? "...dunno?" I'm appalled! They should be able to rhyme them all off one after another no problem. It's really sad, I'd have loved the opportunity they have when I was 20.
well youre not that much older than me, Im 34, hell, Im just getting into it now unfortunately. Oh man I would have loved that if I had the opportunity... Thats pretty bad though, did you smack em around a bit and tell em to get off your lawn? :lol

Lol no. But if someone who's studying formal special effects doesn't know who Stan Winston was, they should do something else with their life and save the £50,000 debt in course fees.

I actually worked with Rob in 2013 on a short film called "Cindy's Boyfriend". I'm not sure what became of the short...festivals, maybe? It's not on IMDB or anything. As I recall, Rob signed on to build a gag as a favor to the director who was a buddy of his. I was there doing the beauty m/u and out of kit fx. He was only on set one day but he saw a black eye I did and told me I was a good makeup artist. That comment alone carried me through those rough early-career years lol. He was super cool. I expected to be nervous on set with one of my heroes, but he was so chill that I forgot all that and we were just shooting the ****. I just googled the movie to see if I could find it and voila:

https://vimeo.com/92935651

Skip ahead to 11:04 to see Rob's magic in action.

The proper pronunciation is "Bow-teen". And how about this piece of trivia? His full name is Robin Rene Bottin.
Does somebody know if Rob Bottin has any italian origin? Because actually Bottin is a common surname in Venice. It is written “Bottin” and natively pronounced by italians as you are telling, with accent on the ‘i’.

I actually worked with Rob in 2013 on a short film called "Cindy's Boyfriend". I'm not sure what became of the short...festivals, maybe? It's not on IMDB or anything. As I recall, Rob signed on to build a gag as a favor to the director who was a buddy of his. I was there doing the beauty m/u and out of kit fx. He was only on set one day but he saw a black eye I did and told me I was a good makeup artist. That comment alone carried me through those rough early-career years lol. He was super cool. I expected to be nervous on set with one of my heroes, but he was so chill that I forgot all that and we were just shooting the ****. I just googled the movie to see if I could find it and voila:

Skip ahead to 11:04 to see Rob's magic in action.
Sorry for the late reply to your post. I enjoyed the short, and Rob's great work...I recognized a few actors (saw them in other series on Amazon!)

You always knew Rob's work when you saw it; twisted, extreme expressions and convulsive air bladders. I don't know if he mixed his own blood but his blood always looked great when it ran. People now have this misconception that blood is always dark and thick--when it pools, sure--but when it's thin and running, it's a ruby red and very watery. Him and Savini I felt were the only two "big names" that got that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back