Fallout 4 Prop Thread

Okay guys, so I received the real gauge, it doesn't look too bad, but it's a bit disproportionate! It's still look cool though. I had to sand down a little bit of it, as I think it was way too long. I am maybe tempted to sand down more of it? What do you guys think?

http://s32.postimg.org/m3b48qpxx/DSC_0197.jpg

I will wait on my 3D parts, see how it looks :p

I have also been working on the gauge face, would be nice printed on some paper with a vintage effect on it:

http://s32.postimg.org/jj6an5nmd/designgauge.jpg

That is looking KILLER! Super good job. :thumbsup

How hard was it to sand down the gauge shaft? I'd go a little more, like you suggested. If you had access to a grinder, it would make short work of it.

But overall it looks great!

How hard was it to sand down the gauge shaft?

It's not too hard, but I don't have access to any tools as I'm living in a flat, so I have just used sand paper :x It's a bit time consuming, but it's okay. I have ordered a heavy grit, so hopefully that will go quicker haha

It may need to be sanded down a tiny bit more, but it's real damn close. Maybe once the sides are on it will look correct. I love when people use real/found materials.

I have made a little photoshop montage, just to see how much I should cut out of it? Would you say that would be okay? That would be another good 1cm to cut off x)

DSC_04197.jpg

Just wanted to remind any Fallout 4 prop collectors that the second series of bobble heads is out for sale. Those who collect bobble heads know how these things will eventually go out of stock, and the prices they'll command once they're scarce and on ebay. Get them NOW while they are still widely available from the retailers. You can get em' at Bethesda's site, but I buy mine from Gaming Heads and get the bundle, you save some money that way. You can also still get the first series from Gaming Heads if you're late to the party. And keep in mind, Bethesda recently released (after YEARS of waiting) the 3rd and final series of Bobble heads for the Fallout 3 (vault 101) versions. So there should be little to no doubt that they will have the third series of the vault 111's available in the future. This means it's pretty much certain you'll be able to have THE FULL SET.

I didn't even get the full set in the game. :lol

series%202_zpskrouulaq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Funny thing is I just got this new set, and have NO space left on my bobble heads shelf! I already have the full set for the vault 101's, and am now one set away from having all the vault 111's (including the loot crate exclusive "hands on hips" bobble head). Looks like I might need to consider building a bobble head stand.............

bobblehead%20collection_zpsqnivwy2a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
So I bought a hacksaw today for a fiver, as sanding down a cm would take me forever haha! I've also cut off the button on the right! This is how it looks so far:

DSC1_0197.jpg

Now the idea is to make the face of the gauge looks smaller, and I thought about maybe painting the outer ring black and adding some sort of padding inside the face, I have managed to removed the plastic cover on top, so hopefully it would make the gauge appear smaller, like in game.

And thanks guys :p

@GhostMinion Really nice collection of Bobblehead! I personally rather like the 7" tall ones as it's closer in size from the ones seen in the game, but thought I'd only have the one that we see in the title screen of the game x)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought a hacksaw today for a fiver, as sanding down a cm would take me forever haha! I've also cut off the button on the right! This is how it looks so far:

http://s32.postimg.org/84r1p9bdh/DSC1_0197.jpg

Now the idea is to make the face of the gauge looks smaller, and I thought about maybe painting the outer ring black and adding some sort of padding inside the face, I have managed to removed the plastic cover on top, so hopefully it would make the gauge appear smaller, like in game.

And thanks guys :p

@GhostMinion Really nice collection of Bobblehead! I personally rather like the 7" tall ones as it's closer in size from the ones seen in the game, but thought I'd only have the one that we see in the title screen of the game x)

First, your stimpak looks fantastic. I'd say you've pretty much hit that nail square on the head. I wish I could tackle a stimpak build (I even have a 3d model for the F3 version), but I have two little kids, one being three years old. So I'm worried that making a stimpak with a needle might not be a good idea. Can't wait to see yours when it's all done.

Second, thank you! Yeah, the size for the 7 inch bobbles is nicer, but the best I can tell they are still bigger than true 1:1 scale. I scaled the bobblehead stand original game model to match the size of a 7 inch bobblehead, and it was FRIGGIN' HUUUUUGE. I don't think either size bobblehead is true perfect, but I do get what you're saying and agree.

However, the 7 inch ones look like crap. The paint jobs are, well, crappy. I believe they are made in a more high volume factory or something. They are just ugly when you look up close at them, and their paint job looks NOTHING like in the ad pictures. The 5 inch bobbles, however, are freakin' MASTERPIECES. I love how clean and sharp the sculpts are, and the paint jobs are phenomenal. A very sharp and clean print of the vault tec logo on the base. They may be small, but they look so good IMO. The new vault 111 bobbles have a different head sculpt than the 101's, but the bodies are the same. This gave them about a half an inch extra height. I just love em'.

I wish they'd make a true 1:1 scale, rather than the 15 INCH bobblehead that Gaming Heads has on pre order (silly height if you ask me), but as I've stated before, I'll call myself lucky that they actually finished making the last set. Many of us thought they were not ever going to.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! :thumbsup

Best first post ever!!! ;)

GhostMinion, in the title sequence, the bobblehead is quite big xD! The fan is probably 12" tall, so that would make sense! And to be honest, if you "inspect" them in the game, the paintjob is pretty rubbish too x), the only thing that bothers me are the debossed letters and the blue that I find too dark!

For the stimpak, so I have tried 2 different things, the one on the left has a foam insert and a plastic cover that I had to sand down to size, and the one on the right, has just a really dirty cover that I found from another gauge. I kinda like the one on the right though, I'll be painting the ring, see how it looks x)

DSC_0306.jpg

Thank you! I have weathered my paper before printing the gauge face I made! Once it was printed I added a few extra bits with coffee, like if the rust was literally drooling over the face. I don't get to do this often but it's always fun :p. I will make the rest of the gauge more rusty, trying to have it completed first. I have never tried to make rust effects (and I'd love to weather my pip boy too). I have seen a few methods but I'm not confident enough to try them XD. I have seen that humbrol was making rust effect paint though, would that be worth a try you think? I'd rather have a ready made colour for this to be honest X)

Thank you! I have weathered my paper before printing the gauge face I made! Once it was printed I added a few extra bits with coffee, like if the rust was literally drooling over the face. I don't get to do this often but it's always fun :p. I will make the rest of the gauge more rusty, trying to have it completed first. I have never tried to make rust effects (and I'd love to weather my pip boy too). I have seen a few methods but I'm not confident enough to try them XD. I have seen that humbrol was making rust effect paint though, would that be worth a try you think? I'd rather have a ready made colour for this to be honest X)

Check out what I did to rust my Ballistic Fist, it may help. Read up post #138 where I describe what I did. Hope it helps!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232328&page=6

Well I went to a model shop, and the guy showed me a few thing or two; so I got 3 shades of acrylic, and some rust powder for texture, I might do a test on something else first, see if I can reproduce the effect I want x) I like Ghostminion technique though, but I can't find these in the Uk x) I'll stick to acrylic, see if I can work this out x)

I repainted the stimpak with a more matt colour instead, it looks nicer :) Also, just another quick question: I have some difficulties to see the colours of each wire, is it red and black? Or red and green? Or both black?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back