10 Cloverfield Lane (Post-release)

Re: 10 Cloverfield Lane

I'm willing to bet the big monster from cloverfield woke a bunch of other monsters up with mating calls!! lol

again the first monster dropped little monsters off of it, maybe those suckers grow super big?!

idk but I'm not hoping for explanations, JJ isn't too good at that :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching the new trailer on tv and it seems to me it could go for the misdirection where the entire movie you think John Goodman is really a nutcase but once she gets to the surface he wasn't crazy after all.

I was watching the new trailer on tv and it seems to me it could go for the misdirection where the entire movie you think John Goodman is really a nutcase but once she gets to the surface he wasn't crazy after all.

i know!! its going to be awesome! i can't wait for friday!!

For some reason it reminds me of that one Twilight Zone episode where the rich guy gets all the people he thinks wronged him into his bunker and fakes WW3 only to lose his mind when he goes out and he thinks the war did happen.

ordered my tickets today, when it went to the seat selection every single seat was available lol. first time thats ever happened to me

misterpatches: "10 Cloverfield Lane cranks like clockwork. Exponential thrills (think Cabin in the Woods). Composed, intelligent & consistently spooky."

misterpatches: "The keystone of Bear McCreary's Cloverfield score is the Turkish yaylı tambur. CREEPY. One of the best horror soundtracks in forever."

I have to wait until April 29 for its release in India. :angry :(.

Everyone else do go watch it this weekend. Many complain about lack of new genre movies based on original material, well this is it.

Sure it borrows the Cloverfield name, but based on all the interviews this movie is its own beast.

misterpatches: "10 Cloverfield Lane cranks like clockwork. Exponential thrills (think Cabin in the Woods). Composed, intelligent & consistently spooky."

misterpatches: "The keystone of Bear McCreary's Cloverfield score is the Turkish yaylı tambur. CREEPY. One of the best horror soundtracks in forever."

I have to wait until April 29 for its release in India. :angry :(.

Everyone else do go watch it this weekend. Many complain about lack of new genre movies based on original material, well this is it.

Sure it borrows the Cloverfield name, but this movie is its own beast.
I'm starting to warm up to Cloverfield just being anthology films. I was such a HUGE fan of the first film, always following the viral marketing and same with this one. It would be really interesting to see if JJ actually ends up connecting them to a bigger picture like he said last night.

Yeah I think it's a unique approach by making them anthology films, without necessarily having the movies directly acknowledge that there are all part of the same universe even though they might be later on.

Sweet. Still listening to BSG... Bear McCreary is awesome.

I just noticed there are more people on the cast list on IMDb.... to include Bradley Cooper. Wonder what his role is and if they intentionally held his name back for a good reason.

Sweet. Still listening to BSG... Bear McCreary is awesome.

I just noticed there are more people on the cast list on IMDb.... to include Bradley Cooper. Wonder what his role is and if they intentionally held his name back for a good reason.

I agree. McCreary's music is awesome (I own both the deluxe Season 1/Game soundtrack and Songs from Season 2 for Defiance).

But the thing that I find funny is that Abrams says "it's not a sequel", yet the title includes "Cloverfield" in the title. No offense, but that's like having a film with Star Wars in the title and saying the film has nothing to do with Star Wars at all.

colliderfrosty: "10 CLOVERFIELD LANE is extremely well done. Keeps you guessing and never slows down. Don't read any reviews. Best to walk in spoiler free."

colliderfrosty: "10 CLOVERFIELD LANE is extremely well done. Keeps you guessing and never slows down. Don't read any reviews. Best to walk in spoiler free."

I'm going tomorrow night, went to see ep7 again tonight, when i went to print out my tickets, my clover field tickets printed out as well. can't hardly wait!!

Great movie loved every minute of it . except the very, very end , just because I wish it was even darker !!!!

I wonder if Goodman might even be innocent of kidnapping the girl in the Polaroid. she could have gotten locked in on accident while it was under construction and he found her dead then disposed of her body because of his fear of THE MAN .while the picture seemed damming she looked happy and it seems to me a third person took it ? Probably not though ! And even though he overreacted sometimes (dinner table) he seemed to be proven right about everything. (Even at the dinner table) hell I would have shot that dude in the face too after what he said,the truth would have been better than th BS he came up with ! truthfully I would have shot the chick in the knee when she tried to open the first door, you ain't getting me killed cuz you don't believe me ! I just wish she would have died as well because her whole plan of escaping to another bunker was ridiculous! then she seemed disappointed the sky monster did not see her ??? Looked for help from Goodman's farm house ??? nice ending like the mist should have been warranted after her stupidity. We were talking about him running the girl off the road in the begining my girlfriernd chimmed in "so what if he did ? gotta repopulate the world somehow ! Even if Goodman's character was crazy it did not make him wrong" LOL

Last edited:
I feel like I should do everyone a favor by saying this movie contains no direct link to the Cloverfield movie apart from the name. So don't go see it if that is the main reason you are interested!
Apart from feeling a little suckered by the title, it was an okay thriller, nothing mind blowing, and I likely would have not seen it in theaters if not for the aforementioned association with Cloverfield. hmm... maybe that's why they named it 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Saw it this afternoon. Great movie that kept me guessing right to the end. Best to go in before reading anything about the flick. The less you know the more you will enjoy.

BTW, I really enjoyed the music (both the score and the selection of classic tunes)

Just watched it..... Great movie with suspense and does make you jump a few times will see if they make another don't want to give anything away

just came home from a 10:30 showing. I LOVED IT!! annanake stated i wasn't expecting that kind of ending, i was thinking something else but i was happy with it!!

i too want to know if he really kidnapped the girl... i hope not because i dont want howard to be that bad of a guy. but after emmit says the story of her going missing...IDK... the girl in the polaroid is the same girl with the missing ear ring? or a different girl? i thought the girl in the polaroid had black hair... i can't really remember

i loved the kelvin, and slusho easter eggs, but i didnt see any octagons hinting towards LOST, the numbers ended in the jukebox was close! 4813... was hoping to see 4815 lol i thought john goodman was awesome!

I feel like I should do everyone a favor by saying this movie contains no direct link to the Cloverfield movie apart from the name. So don't go see it if that is the main reason you are interested!
Apart from feeling a little suckered by the title, it was an okay thriller, nothing mind blowing, and I likely would have not seen it in theaters if not for the aforementioned association with Cloverfield. hmm... maybe that's why they named it 10 Cloverfield Lane.

jarvis it does contain a few connections to the first film, idk if i need to spoiler tag this or not so I'm going to anyway

john goodmans character worked for tagruato, thats the company that owned the spy satellite that crashed in the ocean in the first clover field and woke up the monster. we learn that howard (john goodman) was in the navy and worked with satellites. i bet after the navy he went working for tagruato with satellite experience. i believe he was the one who crashed the satellite in the first film, but have no proof... YET. another thing emmit mentions to michelle "you should really hear howard ramble about gains space worms" I'm willing to bet howard was using the satellites to spy on the aliens

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back