All the Ferris Bueller references of late....

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ENOUGH!

I get it, yeah it was a fun movie. I saw it in the eighties. I quote it myself.
But lately, Pizza commercials over and over and now a freekin' Spider-man ad goofing on Ferris with
the famous bit of music? I think there have been even more.

I'm sorry that millennials have few touchstones as good as Ferris Bueller but this must end!

Do NOT save Ferris!

This needed to be said.

And don't anyone dare call me a "Jeanie".
The problem is not me, thank you very much Chuck Sheen.

What was the refrence in Spiderman homecoming? Just saw the movie tonight but missed any Ferris reference.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What was the refrence in Spiderman homecoming? Just saw the movie tonight but missed any Ferris reference.

Ad on TV is using music from Ferris Bueller when he is doing his get home before he gets busted antics.
The Dominos ad will run and then the Spider-man ad right after with the exact same music. Hard not to notice the Ferris-ness-osity prevailing.

I don't know... I kinda like the kid from "Stranger Things" doing Ferris.

Lighten up, Shauna. ;)

I knew I knew that Dominos kid from somewhere!!!

There's a TV commercial/ad/trailer/whatever you want to call it for "Homecoming" that's been running on TV that has the music from when Ferris is racing home at the end of the movie.

I dunno, I loved that film and still do. Made me smile seeing it in Homecoming. Don't be like Cameron with the whole lump of coal becoming a diamond thing.

I dunno, I loved that film and still do. Made me smile seeing it in Homecoming. Don't be like Cameron with the whole lump of coal becoming a diamond thing.

He needed that trait or he never would have became Captain of the Enterprise later. Ferris probably became a broker or something.

HA! I thought the kid in the Dominoes commercial was Andrew Garfield. I thought it was kinda of funny how Garfield was doing a Pizza commercial when another guy was doing a new Spiderman movie.

I was on the clock at the local car wash when some friends pulled up and said 'get in, lets go see a movie'. It was Ferris Buller. I got back to work and clocked out undetected.

From the time I first saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off in the theaters back in 1986 until about the age of 24 or so, I led my life according to the teachings of the great sage that was Ferris. And how can you say enough when it comes to Ferris? He's very popular! The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

You sir, are worse than a Jeannie! You're a Mr. Rooney!

Ferris probably became a broker or something.

Ferris became a fry cook on Venus!

Save Ferris! Ferris Bueller Forever!

He needed that trait or he never would have became Captain of the Enterprise later. Ferris probably became a broker or something.

I love ya bro, but let's be real. Captain John Harriman was a beta cuck who had to rely on alpha male, Captain James T. Kirk to come out of retirement and save the day.

It was the apex of John Hughes teen movies. But I think that's like saying , "The best chili mac you'll ever taste."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the time I first saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off in the theaters back in 1986 until about the age of 24 or so, I led my life according to the teachings of the great sage that was Ferris. And how can you say enough when it comes to Ferris? He's very popular! The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

You sir, are worse than a Jeannie! You're a Mr. Rooney!

Ferris became a fry cook on Venus!

Save Ferris! Ferris Bueller Forever!

Rooney did go on to save the world with Teri Garr. I mean that's something.

I love ya bro, but let's be real. Captain John Harriman was a beta cuck who had to rely on alpha male, Captain James T. Kirk to come out of retirement and save the day.

A brief moment of mentoring to be sure.

This is funny...

"The personnel file created by Michael Okuda for the video game Star Trek: Starship Creator includes several connections to Ruck's role as Cameron Fry in the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, including a wife named Sloane and a son named Ferris who both live in Chicago, as well as an interest in 20th century Italian sports automobiles."

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back