RIP Chester Bennington

If you really think this was just a "selfish choice" then you have a lot to learn about mental illness. … Your viewpoint is akin to blaming a rape victim for what they were wearing.
Okay, let's calm down here, please. Let's not put words in others' mouths. Let's discuss the topic, and not discuss each other.

Last edited:
Okay, let's calm down here, please. Let's not put words in others' mouths. Let's discuss the topic, and not discuss each other.

Excuse me ? I'm extremely calm, my post was justified, and if you are going to dictate terms here you should probably have the word "moderator" under your name.

Chester was a rape victim (childhood abuse) and from what i've seen in people around me that have been through the same thing, it stays with you forever.

Having suffered through depression myself, i can understand how someone could take their own life without thinking about their loved ones. The normal everyday feelings people take for granted can just dissapear to the point where you can't even feel love for those around you anymore.

It is truely a god-awefull situation to be in, and if you have not lived through it yourself you can not understand what it is like.

If you really think this was just a "selfish choice" then you have a lot to learn about mental illness. I suspect Bennington had a lot more going on than a few "troubles". Your viewpoint is akin to blaming a rape victim for what they were wearing.

Sir your statement is sick. Perhaps I do need an education on this topic. I am only outside looking in. I don't know either one of these guys. I truly feel sad for the family, but for you to make a comparison like you had. I'm speachless and perhaps I should've avoided this topic completely. Apologies for those who I may of offended...

Sir your statement is sick. Perhaps I do need an education on this topic. I am only outside looking in. I don't know either one of these guys. I truly feel sad for the family, but for you to make a comparison like you had. I'm speachless and perhaps I should've avoided this topic completely. Apologies for those who I may of offended...
Your comment was much more sick.

It breaks my heart even more to know about this... in an interview in February, he was already trying to send signals that he's not okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC_-zeWYMYo

It breaks my heart even more to know about this... in an interview in February, he was already trying to send signals that he's not okay.

My closest friend deals with depression and it's totally messed up trying to help.

You hear "I hate my life" or "I wish I would just get hit by a car and end it all"... and you have to figure a way to maneuver that without getting angry "Don't talk like that" or patronizing "You'll be okay... it's not that bad" (cuz to them it's not okay, and it IS that bad).

Damn such a crappy crappy sitch.

That's why when I hear stupid advice from "Pitbull" about suicide saying "Every day above ground is a good day, remember that".... NO. For them it's NOT a good day.

Every day sucks... and telling them it can get better means nothing to them.

Telling them to get psychiatric help often gets "I don't want that crap...they'll just drug me up"

Bah.

Friggin depression.

I have had issues in the past and the one thing that works for me, and works for a lot of people, is running... working out... exertion.

We're hard wired to be anxious... it kept us alive when other animals wanted to kill us. We got to release that anxiety by surviving.

Now we get anxious cuz the bills are due... or you have a crappy work assignment. But we never get to sit over those bills or work after after extreme exertion and release the anxiety... we just go home and watch netflix.

So now, on advice of mental health podcasts, I beat the **** out of my body til I collapse...

let dopamine do the rest.

Sorry if this is rambling... I've been dealing with depression a lot lately (my close friend... not me) and so my minds on a full tank.

That video is just BS click bait. From the sappy, sad music they put behind the interview, the title, and characterizing what he said as a cry for help. He talked about that kind of stuff all the time. Even some of those stories are ones he would tell routinely. I've heard him talk about how his head is a "bad neighborhood" multiple times. That wasn't a cry for help. Its him being honest about how he feels and what he has to deal with every day unless there is something around to distract him. Thats what most people with serious depression\anxiety caused by childhood trauma have live with all of their lives.

That video is just BS click bait. From the sappy, sad music they put behind the interview, the title, and characterizing what he said as a cry for help. He talked about that kind of stuff all the time. Even some of those stories are ones he would tell routinely. I've heard him talk about how his head is a "bad neighborhood" multiple times. That wasn't a cry for help. Its him being honest about how he feels and what he has to deal with every day unless there is something around to distract him. Thats what most people with serious depression\anxiety caused by childhood trauma have live with all of their lives.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up man

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back