Pokemon GO

Why did the footsteps go away?! I saw an Arcanine and drove a square block, nothing.

And the gym I beat quickly replaced me after killing me in one go!

Why did the footsteps go away?! I saw an Arcanine and drove a square block, nothing.

Glitch/server issues caused the footsteps to go away - but a "better" replacement is supposed to be on the way.

Holding onto a gym is like a yoyo. You have it, you don't, you have it, you don't...

- - - Updated - - -

After you catch them, what do you do with them? I still don't get it.

Evolve or strengthen them into what will beat/hold onto the gyms.

It was also to prevent third party apps and sites using Niantic's API which can be used to accurately track a specific Pokemon when it spawned in a given area with a great deal of success. This also helped finding nests in which particular Pokemon would spawn at a higher rate.

As for gyms, those in high traffic areas rarely last more than a few minutes. You'd be lucky to be holding one for more than an hour. Best way to stay in a gym and have it stay there is find one that's the same team as yours with a high amount of prestige (I prefer at minimum level 7) and just level that prestige until you can assign one of your Pokemon that has a high enough CP and a very good IV percentage to be leader or at least in the top 3.

Now they have grass behind some creatures on the locator?

They're testing a new tracking system. Only a certain group of players have the full system (San Francisco). Everybody else has the new sightings tab which is basically now a two footprint glitch. Any Pokemon outside that two footprint area disappear from the tab as well as Pokemon that have despawned. So now more ghost sightings in which you're looking for something that's despawned and no longer there.

The grass is nothing, its just aesthetic. The order of the pokemon in the list is whats important. Higher up = closer. I'm just glad Battery Saver mode is back.

its so much harder to catch them now... there is also a new glitch where if you throw a nice,great, or excellent and it breaks free it has a much higher chance of running away on ya

I've been having stuff break free regularly for the past week, don't know why. And what's with the very first ball going waaaaaay further than you threw it? It's like they keep coming up with 'glitches' to make you run out of balls.

I've been having stuff break free regularly for the past week, don't know why. And what's with the very first ball going waaaaaay further than you threw it? It's like they keep coming up with 'glitches' to make you run out of balls.

I'm amazed too at how nerf'ed the standard poke ball is. when it comes to the 500+ CP pokemon I'm trying to catch i always go

- raspberry
- ultraball
- curve throw

if it breaks free, repeat until captured. what i have heard but yet seen happen to myself because once i throw a curve added with a nice,great or excellent it seems its always catch. but what i have heard now is throw status's EXP stacks. so if takes you 4 throws to capture a pokemon, and 3 of those throws are "nice" you still get a 30 exp bonus. (10 exp for each throw)

Ive never seen an ultra ball, lol

what level are you? do you know how to boost? boosting consists of farming pidgeys, caterpies and weedles. these 3 pokemon only require 12 candies to evolve. when ever you evolve u get 500exp.

if you use the item lucky egg, exp is doubled. so for every pokemon u evolve you now get 1000.

all you do is capture ever single pidgey, caterpie and weedle you see. once you get 30-40 of them, play lucky egg and start evolving. i say 30-40 because after 40 the evolution animation takes too much time. lucky egg only works for 30 minutes, all those evolves barely fit in a 30 minute time frame.

once you get to level 20 you receive ultra ball. the best ball besides the master ball. also once you get to level 20 it takes 50,000 exp to get to the next level. i am currently level 22 and it takes 100,000

the max level right now is 40, and last i knew it takes 5 million exp to get from level 39 to 40. by the time you are at level 40, you have earned in total of playing the whole time 20 million experience points..

i have to admit, i would play roughly 1 hours a night, maybe 1-1/2 hours a night in a local park jogging. i boosted my way up to level 20 in less then 2 weeks. i have been playing now for 1 week and only at level 22. once you reach 20 the whole advancement of the game starts taking forever....

this i think we detour A LOT of players. another thing too is you need to pay to win. you need to pay for items, you need lucky eggs to get the double exp, and you will need more lucky eggs the higher the level gets. you will need more lures to bring in more pokemon, to boost that exp..

after level 20 the game becomes quite the chore...

the experience takes forever.. still need roughly 25 more pidgeys..

IMG_7997.png

heres some of my best poke's right now

IMG_7996.png

The latest update is starting to get things back on track.

They still have a long way to go before they get the tracking back to where it was at launch, but at least they are moving forward again.

The latest update is starting to get things back on track.

They still have a long way to go before they get the tracking back to where it was at launch, but at least they are moving forward again.

LA has a nice new tracking setup. there is now a class action lawsuit against niantic. i guess multiple stops and gyms have been placed on private property. our town had a meeting last night with the board of selectmen. a citizen of the town is petitioning to remove all the stops from a historic state war park.

attending the meeting with roughly 30 of its players we learned he wants it removed from all of my town.. i have recently over heard that poke stops will soon be able to be purchased. businesses will be able to buy a stop or gym online and pay a monthly fee. they will also be able to choose exactly what pokemon they want to spawn at there place. each pokemon will have its own value..

but back to the park. we have had negative reviews for the last 2 weeks by all the media... 2 tv stations, all the papers have gone down there and blown up over trash over flowing, and 100-200 people hanging out there all day.. i organized a official clean up day last saturday and had again almost 40 people show up, many from out of town. my father donated 5 galloon buckets, and go for's (those long arms elderly people use to pick stuff from the top shelf) we went around trying to clean up but there really wasn't any trash. the barrels were practically empty.. we went around picking up cigarette buts. ironically there had to be 150 people there, not one of them was smoking.. it was quite amazing actually.

i contacted all the local media, both tv stations and all the papers. gave them the time and date, asking for some positive news coverage because the pokemon players have been labeled bad guys... not one of them showed up....

this is a hot fishing spot as well, so the cigarettes were most likely from the fishermen...

the select board has given us a month to try and clean up the area.. I'm really curious to see where this goes...

btw if anyone has stock in pokemon, now is the time to sell. the world champion ships is this weekend and they have royally screwed over its own community... they have booked this event in a 2400 max capacity venue.. last year at worlds in boston we had almost 20,000 attendance over the 3 day event.

people from all over the world have had hotels booked for months, along with purchased air fair. pokemon told us friday night that the venue will not be open to the public and only to the invited players ( each year players compete for points, you need to reach X amount of points in order to qualify for worlds and get your invite) so now there is thousands of people who can't get their air fair refunded, let alone all the hotel cancelation fee's with worlds a week away i wonder if the hotel will even allow for a cancelation...

the pokemon community is in a uproar... the company has known of this venue capacity limit since last year when they booked it... why allow all these people to spend good money to get here to now tell them they can't enter.. people from all over the world were coming... now to be told NO and to get stuck with plane tickets...

the last 4 years pokemon has cut its organized play funding drastically. now with this stunt... i think we will see them fall off the face of the planet, like back in 2003...

they better pray GO keeps them a float

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back