Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

halliwax, how about this one? ;)

Every silver lining has a dark, dark cloud
Always after sunshine comes the rain.
They say that after night
The dawn is surely bright
But remember that the night will come again

Old English schoolboys' chant. I've found it fitting for some time now.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
18-58-15-star-wars-cover-2017-VF-01.jpg
18-57-13-star-wars-cover-2017-VF-02.jpg
18-57-45-star-wars-cover-2017-VF-03.jpg
18-57-56-star-wars-cover-2017-VF-04.jpg

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-four-covers

Last edited:
@halliwax, how about this one? ;)

Every silver lining has a dark, dark cloud
Always after sunshine comes the rain.
They say that after night
The dawn is surely bright
But remember that the night will come again

Old English schoolboys' chant. I've found it fitting for some time now.

--Jonah

Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn

Am I doing it right? :confused

So is the girl pictured with Fin and Po new? I don't recognize her from TFA, unlike every other character on those covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn

Am I doing it right? :confused

So is the girl pictured with Fin and Po new? I don't recognize her from TFA, unlike every other character on those covers.
Yes, KMT's character "Rose" wasn't in TFA.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know its bad to speak ill will of the dead, and I loved carrie dont get me wrong, but did she have some botched facial surgery or something? Her lips, nose and eyes look awful, she is almost hard to look at in that picture. Compared to what she used to look like I mean. I know people get old of course, but my god, she looks REALLY bad in that picture.

I know its bad to speak ill will of the dead, and I loved carrie dont get me wrong, but did she have some botched facial surgery or something? Her lips, nose and eyes look awful, she is almost hard to look at in that picture. Compared to what she used to look like I mean. I know people get old of course, but my god, she looks REALLY bad in that picture.

How come 20 people don't go after you for posting that? ;o) LOL
I think she still looked great considering all she went through. electro shock therapy and other things will change a person.

-signed most evil person on the forum. :lol

I love Kylo's cape!! looks great. Look at the glove Luke is wearing. Same one shown in the trailer when the hand touches that book about the Jedi.

that was the first thing i jumped at. sure enough!! so exciting!

I too love Kylo's new look, he looks totally psycho. looks ready for revenge!

Poe's jacket, i want it!! thanks Kal for posting these, it made my day

OK, I'm going to stick my head up here (and likely get it lopped off) as I have stayed silent on this issue ever since Carrie passed - but Carrie had changed so much by the time she was filming the new Star Wars movies, due to whatever surgery she had, the Botox or collagen that froze her lips , the changes to her voice and her "Crazy aunt" persona in personal appearances, that I literally cannot reconcile her in my mind to the person we saw in the 70s, 80s or even early 90s. She was unrecognizable to me and functionally equivalent to a completely different actress in the role in TFA. Did not look like Leia, did not sound like Leia, did not act like Leia - especially gone was that twinkle in her eyes that we saw in the original trilogy or even some of the other films she did like Blues Brothers. I am happy for her that she was happy with herself, because that's a good place for a person to be – but I think I would've actually preferred that they left the character out of the film.

I understand aging (hell, I am doing it myself, and poorly) but there was a lot more than that going on with the drastic changes to Carrie, and not just in the physical sense. And while I mourn her passing, it still hasn't sunk into me that the actress I loved from all the films in the 70s and 80s has passed – because the person she was late in life was so – to me – irreconcilably different from that earlier person. It's almost like a different person with the same name died.

Can open, worms everywhere. Apologies in advance.

M

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back