The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips?

Does anyone know what's going on here?:

View attachment 707636View attachment 707637
That's what was really bothering me: Those wierd holes on the clamp. I think since it's a promo saber it's probably just a little different than the hero's that will be used in the film. But I guess we won't know for sure until we at least get a trailer.

i just hope is photo editing mishaps.... god please be a photo mishap... please

What? You don't want your propOCD to Force you into buying another Graflex?!

That's what was really bothering me: Those wierd holes on the clamp. I think since it's a promo saber it's probably just a little different than the hero's that will be used in the film. But I guess we won't know for sure until we at least get a trailer.

Don't count on it. It wasn't until the BluRay that we could get decent measurements and images of the TFA Graflex(es). And people are STILL arguing over rivets vs. hex heads vs. whatever.

What? You don't want your propOCD to Force you into buying another Graflex?!

i just get so upset over continuity issues with these damn props! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Could be that Rey tinkered a bit to better fit the hilt to her Hands and fighting style..
Don Mac.

this is the excuse i am going to use if the saber does appear to be changed

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) I like the differences in props
┳┻|⊂ノ between movies...
┻┳|

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeez the body isn't even cold and you guys are already fighting over the inheritance.

it's just a toy box photo. An early concept photo for toys that aren't even out yet. The photo on that box is more photoshopped than a Cosmopolitan magizine cover.

You guys kill me. I'll wait for trailers and actual movie footage.

I notice the rivet thing right away, but the reflection took a while. I'm going with the art director/photoshopping scenario, probably not a real prop.

bee771f548f9e9d681e3a61665fd7479.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips?

Could always ask Rian on Twitter. He confirmed that the storm trooper design was tweaked over there

Probs won't reply though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

For what it's worth the packaging is almost certainly by Pilot Studio in Boston. They haven't 'claimed' it yet but they are responsible for basically every recentish Star Wars packaging design including TFA.
They don't normally use photographs in their work - they are very, very good at photorealistic illustration i.e those images on the box possibly aren't actually (retouched) photographs at all. (But they do look an awful lot like photographs…)

It might be still be 100% faithful to the reference they were given of course…

You may be able to get some insight from someone like https://mobile.twitter.com/RockettBlue
but I imagine they wont be allowed to say much/anything.

Last edited:

I wouldn't mind this, reminds me of the ROTJ shared stunt clamp. But I doubt its actually cut like that.

Just my two cents, I think it is one of the stunt sabers which was used in The Force Awakens. In the "announcement trailer" for The Last Jedi, the saber Rey was holding out to Luke looked to be the same as in The Force Awakens.

Just my two cents, I think it is one of the stunt sabers which was used in The Force Awakens. In the "announcement trailer" for The Last Jedi, the saber Rey was holding out to Luke looked to be the same as in The Force Awakens.

There wasn't a saber without rivets/screws seen anywhere in TFA, though

The two that can be seen is the one with the fx saber with the antenna (might be more than one of these) and the soft stunt fx saber

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back