TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

The T track have such soft corners, like when you cut play-dough!

Also, awesome hex screws there, you're right they're like machined

To my eyes they are hex screws.

Like this one:

metric_flat_head_hex_socket_machine_screw_with_fine_thread_4429_s.jpg

So are those rivits or internal HEX head screws on the t-grips?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hate how they have it facing out and so low in the case you can barely get under it. Every time I go I'm crawling all over the floor in front of it to get pictures that the glass cases makes out of focus.

I know! The women working the exhibit were actually really nice, I allllllllmost asked if they could just rotate it for me so that I could get some better shots. I just shoved my phone against the glass while my friend shined his flash at it.

I hate how they have it facing out and so low in the case you can barely get under it. Every time I go I'm crawling all over the floor in front of it to get pictures that the glass cases makes out of focus.

I'd be willing to donate my DSLR and steady hand to capturing some high resolution and clear photos of either of these Disney sabers. Everyone just needs to get me to Florida or California first. :)

Let's remember the Launch Bay sabers are not what was seen onscreen.

Yeah, I feel like the only thing that might be transferable is maybe the t-track? I would love to know who was commissioned to build the Launch Bay sabers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's remember the Launch Bay sabers are not what was seen onscreen.

Exactly. Do you want to replicate the Lightsaber seen on screen in the movie, or the Disney LB sabers that have details inconsistent with high res photos of the Wired saber that matches the Hero prop used in the movie.

Nice pictures Victor!

Danny, I think I can see writing on this one.

dude excellent eyes!! your completely right! there is writing! this makes much more sense. all day i was thinking "what did they use for a bottom..!?" looks like its a vintage flash just like the other launch bay saber

nobody knows anyone who works at the park? and i mean any part of the park? i was wondering if we could get to talking with someone and see if they would be willing to let one of us take the saber out and take photos of it. if we can organize something like this im even willing to throw a few bucks in to give the park and they can do whatever they want with it

i only ask because there was a youtube video i saw of a husband and wife at the star wars land part. the wife some how organized for the characters to come out and meet her husband after the show, while they were out they surprised him with baby cloths, surprising him that his wife was pregnant. then they posted a video when the baby was born and they brought baby "rey" to the park to show everyone involved in making the surprise the baby.

if they could organize such a thing i dont see why we cant? i know in universal many prop fans have organized trips were they have gone and went on the back lot to document and measure all the parts on the delorean time machine. again i know of a BUNCH of people who have done that...

so all we need to do is try and find SOMEONE in authority there and ask the big question "can we photo and document it". im sure if we all pitch in 10 bucks we could come up with a pretty big donation to the park

i use to have a friend that interned at disney... man i wish he was still there...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I feel like the only thing that might be transferable is maybe the t-track? I would love to know who was commissioned to build the Launch Bay sabers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
veektohr, thanks again for taking all these great pictures!! i think these t tracks match romans pretty close!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back