The Ultimate Brian Muir Edition

So where does the hook go from scene to scene? Does this confirm Empire had different Chest Armour variants?

Yes. There were a couple of different armour casts used in ESB. The set that lambotour has shown is a new cast made for the film, but the armour in the image you posted of Vader kneeling that doesn't have a cape hook is quite possibly the original armour from ANH.

Last edited:
Hmmm...interesting. I wonder why they never actually have the cape chain around it?

I'm not sure the hook is ever used in ESB. I haven't watched it in some time (the shame) it may be that after it was fitted it wasn't thought necessary. Perhaps it brought the cloak's collar too tight against the back of Prowse's neck?

Just following up on this thread and wondering if anyone got one of these helmets, would love to see pics or a review if there’s one out there!

I purchased one and it's a fantastic piece. I've been delayed in taking pics but finally have some proper lights to shoot it with and hope get pics out soon.
Since this got bumped and you're almost two years late on posting pics :p any chance you could show off what you have or had?
Cheers,

Since this got bumped and you're almost two years late on posting pics :p any chance you could show off what you have or had?
Cheers,

Lol, yes it's been awhile. Work and life get busy. Here are a couple of down and dirty iPhone pics of it. I have done a couple of other shoots of props but not the Vader. I will be doing it justice soon though.

Also including a pic of the plaque that James Earl Jones signed for me. The inside is also signed by Brian Muir and David Prowse.
This is dome #4 made by RS Propmasters after Brian's and the fellows at RSPM.

IMG_5876.JPGIMG_5873.JPGIMG_5874.JPG

Thanks for sharing, I’m still looking for a vader helmet, the side profile looks great on this. Is the paint job decent on it? I love that it’s sculpted by Brian Muir, does he do the cast on this and RS do the paint job? I’m hoping to meet him at a con so I can ask him about it

Thanks for sharing, I’m still looking for a vader helmet, the side profile looks great on this. Is the paint job decent on it? I love that it’s sculpted by Brian Muir, does he do the cast on this and RS do the paint job? I’m hoping to meet him at a con so I can ask him about it

Brian Muir sculpted the original piece and RSPM do the casting and paint work.
Brian now handles the sales on his site.

The paint is very well done with all the imperfections seen onscreen including the black paint detailing on the tusk. The pics here make it appear more glossy than it is in person.
The lines are sharp and it is a heavy thing in your hands.

It didn't come with mesh and I still need to source the real deal from somewhere.

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and I really enjoyed meeting Mr. Muir shortly after buying it. Hard to go wrong having one made by the original artist. I think you'll appreciate it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back