Best Blade Runner Blaster

Just like your "Best Han Solo Blaster" there are a lot of options. I suggest searching "Blade Runner Blaster" on the forum here.....

Since you don't seem to care about doing any research or specify what you want other than "best", which is a completely subjective term - just go on eBay, search for "Tomenosuke" and buy one. Boom, you got yourself a blaster.

best is Tomenuske, perfect, maybe too perfect, Rich Coyle makes perhaps a less perfect one but better in some ways, if you are on a budget build your own from the water gun version, or buy the off world

Its all subjective and as others have pointed out above there are many options available and even though you have "done your research" it ultimately comes down to more than simply picking a best - IMO. I have owned or still own almost all of them (aside from a Harford) and I have also had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with the original blaster so let me give you my 3 cents worth on a few of them:

Rick Ross PKD: Possibly the most aesthetically pleasing blaster and one of those that I will always relish owning. Its not accurate but it embodies the original spirit of the first movie in a way that none of the others do. Sadly the chance of getting one of his original PKD's is unlikely

Rich Coyle Blaster: Rich and Phil set the bar regarding almost of the early research into the blaster and generally his (later models) are regarded as the most accurate. The secret is to acquire either one of his already built blasters (which are fantastic) or one of his slightly earlier models because the build quality in most of those is second to none. Of late it seems his offerings have been rather hit and miss with often not the best quality castings. That said, it is possible to get a new build that is wonderful but care needs to be taken with your selection.

SidKit: The Sidkit worldcon model (his last) is another epic pice and if you ignore the hysterical utterances around this offering you will be very satisfied indeed. The Sidkit castings are in my experience streets above even Rich's best and while its not quite as accurate as Coyle's, the Sidkit like the Coyle embody the character of the original blaster in that its made up of various bits and pieces which gives you the impression of something that was formed rather than manufactured as a complete piece from the word go. These are also hard to come by and its important you acquire the Worldcon version because not only is it the best Sid produced but its also - mostly - retooled from scratch.

Tomenosuke - This is the Rolls Royce of blasters and you will be hard pressed to find anything better. It might be too clean and too perfect for some and it might lack the more subjective characteristics I mentioned earlier (which might be important to you as they are for me) but its an incredible blaster and one that deserves its place at the top of the pile. The downside is deciding on which model because some are better than others but if you spend the time you will find what you're looking for.

Good luck, I hope your quest is successful.
M

Purely from my own experience, I think the best Deckard pistol replica on the market in a price/quality comparison is the metal Sidkit 'World-Con'. Accurate enough, very well cast and all metal (there have also been a few high-quality plastic Sid’s from those same molds, in bright pink). The Tomenosuke Pro-Retail / 2049 kit version is next because it's affordable, very accurate and great fun to build but it has a plastic frame to comply with Japanese firearms laws. The fully-Built Tomenosuke comes a close third because it's just as good but much more expensive. I place the built Coyle fourth because it's all metal but also very expensive and the Coyle kit fifth because it's expensive and a LOT of work to complete to a high standard. The Offworld M2019 brings up the rear because it is mostly plastic and not so accurate in detail or proportion.

Although not in the same league as those high-end functional collectibles the Tomenosuke rubber stunt of a few years ago, and the recent Tomenosuke plastic stunt are both fine pieces of casting and still very desirable. There is also the Takagi but I have no experience of this version although I understand it's a good gun, very much like the Tomen', at a similar price, with the Japanese-mandated plastic core components.

My opinions are based on the fact that, in the past five years, no less than fourteen Blade Runner pistols have passed through my ownership;
- 4x metal 'World-Con' Sidkits. 2 completed by me and 2 sold unbuilt
- 2x pre-built plastic Sidkits
- 2x Tomenosuke 2049 kits, one built by me & one sold
- 1x pre-built Tomenosuke HCG edition, modified by me
- 1x Tomenosuke rubber stunt edition
- 1x Off-World M2019
- plus 1x solid resin 'stunt' casting, painted and finished by me, and 2x Fullcock water pistols...
- I also have a friend with a pre-built Coyle C&S and an as-yet unbuilt Coyle kit. Both of which I have examined very closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also looking for one, but in more like the $400-$500 range than the $1000+. Are there any options in that range? I've tried to look up the Coyle and Sidkits but I haven't seen where you can actually buy them. I may just end up biting the bullet and buying a Tomenosuke, but I'd prefer to not spend that much if I don't have to. How difficult are the various kits to put together?

Ok. Now I'm worried it won't make it into Canada. I read one thread here from 2010 about Canada Customs and their response to replicas, but it looks well dead. Anyone here offer any insight into shipping one of these to Canada? Has anyone from Canada ever ordered the Tomenuske and had it shipped without any issues?

2010 is a long time ago. Best to check with Canadian Customs and Canada Police regarding importing replica pistols and how to obtain a permit (if required).

Ok. Now I'm worried it won't make it into Canada. I read one thread here from 2010 about Canada Customs and their response to replicas, but it looks well dead. Anyone here offer any insight into shipping one of these to Canada? Has anyone from Canada ever ordered the Tomenuske and had it shipped without any issues?

Last time I'd checked with the RCMP (December 2016, not quite a year ago), they came back to me with the reasoning that since the PKD clearly "uses the receiver of two firearms, a rifle and a handgun. The handgun is a prohibited handgun, so therefore cannot be imported into Canada." I held off on buying one as I didn't want to risk losing on that large a purchase.

The watergun is one thing, as it's clearly a toy, then importing the various upgrade parts from different online sellers is an easier task as all the parts come in separately anyway. Trying to import an already assembled replica prop pistol is another matter entirely though, especially if it contains components from existing real-world firearms.

But again, that was nearly a year ago. You'll probably luck out in yours getting across the border. I'm just too chicken to try it myself :p lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back