Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

So I made some headway in splitting my gun in half until I got to the inner trigger and pump section. That area is more difficult to split so my solution is to dremel the handle bubble under the grips which I removed so I can get in there easier. This means that I will have to cast new grips and add that inner grip frame detail like some other people have done. I think i'll have my Tomenosuke before I ever finish this damn thing.:lol

My approach on the next gun will be much simpler without halving the gun, what I had in mind in the first place.

Lol I guess Japanese kids are very glad these are cheap water guns. I got my blue grips off and was very happy. I picked up the gun and fired off a couple of shots at a pretend replicant and the trigger snapped right off... I was in shock! Luckily, it was a clean break and some gel superglue and it was back on... I will not be firing it or the black one again.

Same thing happen to me but it was about a month when it snapped. The trigger is a tight pull. I suggest to lube or add graphite powder up in there so there no stress on the trigger.

Thanks to sla73 I now have these fantastic grips! and a good 2 days to work on the blaster, ill be fitting the front end greeble and barrel, filling the blaster with sand for weight and prepping it for paint (lots of smoothing to do on the grip internals) I will also be adding little details like screws,leds and other fun stuff, stay tuned!.

20170930_165432.jpg20170930_165510.jpg

Also! for those asking about the grip internals and front greeble, here is the STL files. They are to scale and ready to print on your favorite printer, however the grip internals will need some trimming to get them to fit into the blaster grip as it was a pretty quick modelling job, but here you all go.

http://www.filedropper.com/blasterupgrades

I bought a water gun with blue grips a week ago. My idea is fill it with resin like i´ve read here and paint it without disassemble it because i have not the skills to do in that way.

I don't have access to a printer. Without outright asking for someone to do it, could someone instead PM me???? Wink, wink......

I was thinking of shortening the handle on mine just so I could use the spare grips off my Sidkit what do you lot think, it's not that much shorter.
20170930_191927_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
Grips getting proper molds made...

Attachments

• 0930171511.jpg
    0930171511.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
  • 0930171529.jpg
    0930171529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
Anyone need green LEDs? I have a few extras, lol...

Attachments

• 1001171228.jpg
    1001171228.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back