Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Not sure if this is legit...
IMG_20170705_220449.jpg

The perspective of Luke compared to the trees is wrong, and the lighting looks different between the background, Luke, and the lightsaber. Also the upper arm looks badly done, and the outline of Luke looks fuzzy. And I think they've overlaid that effect to try and hide the mistakes, but I don't know what it's supposed to be. Looks like a Photoshop canvas texture overlay or something.
I'm calling fake too.

It's fake, you can tell by the way the canvas like texture covers all of Luke but his face and the way the texture is perfectly eve, lying straight up and down not following the folds in any of the fabric anywhere. It's also telling that Luke is kind of soft and out of focus while the background is crisp and clear, no DP worth their salt would set up a shot that way, unless it was to show us something in the background that was important which there does not appear to be in this case.

The only think that could make it possibly not "fake" is that it's pre production work done in photoshop.

I HAVE seen it done like this, but not often.

On a sidenote, all pictures and references to "Bothans" have been purged from the recently-released german translation of FFF's Star Wars RPG. Pablo Hidalgo had been hinting on them wanting to have a clean slate for the LF art department when the time comes for Bothans to make an appearance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not to mention there's more detail in the trees behind luke than in luke himself.

Poor colors....cheesy texture...Short of NeoRutty's explanation, i can't think of anything that'd make that legit.

I think it's a fake. The background is very different from the other pieces. His body is from a different place and his head and the Saber are from two other sources. Lighting is out of balance as well. It looks like an amateur Photoshop user that isn't up on the subtleties of the application.

Are they intentionally mimicking the big anakin glove? Lukes glove in ROTJ basically was a driving glove, no a full arm glove.

Ridire Firean, who do those particular things bother you? Given we've known what Luke's costume is... well, pretty much since December 2015 (assuming they didn't change it drastically for the following film -- which they haven't), the entire premise of that 'shop is flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back