ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Got Maul

You're welcome :)

I'm sure Anovos will be big player of the replica and cosplaying industry for a long time because you are delivering some very accurate and best quality products. Super excited to receive the Premium First Order Kit and the Heavy Gunner Vest ;) hope it will not take too long. Just go on with that passion and enthusiasm and I am sure the finished product will be the best of the best !

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong on both counts but it's because I listen to these guys
20161223_202420.png

20161223_202736.png

20161223_202341.png

20161223_202317.png

20161223_204455.png

As for the removal collar lining I'm just listening to the Anovos website
20161223_203947.png

Got Maul
Whilst you are here, I'd like to thank you again for your quick response in the un canceling my Kylo Ren helmet order.. great service.. Without you my Christmas would have been cancelled!

Now... let's all pray for Carrie Fisher.. the power of prayer, I hear it works..

Hey, Got Maul, back on October 15th, you PM'd me this regarding my Vader order: "We have a new batch of 500 helmets hitting the waters this week and yours is on there."

I still haven't gotten it. Any update?

Thanks

PS I received the Imperial Officer's Hat the other day -- nice job! I like the fact that you included both a magnetic badge and a pin option. That's a nice touch.

Any chance of a Rogue One specific stormtrooper helmet? They have more detail than the OT helmets.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

IMG_3054.JPGIMG_3056.JPGIMG_3067.JPGIMG_3068.JPGIMG_3069.JPGIMG_3070.JPGIMG_3071.JPGIMG_3072.JPG

These were posted in the Knights of Ren group on Facebook. The Propshop helmet being on the left and the Anovos on the right.

Whats interesting to me, and I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, is the fact that the Anovos is bigger in almost every measurement, width, length and height.. I'm curious now if the Anovos was scaled up to fit more people? These are two vastly different finishes as well. While I love the Anovos look, the PS looks to me at least, much more accurate and detailed to what we see on screen.

Last edited:
I think it is the age-old argument of screen-accurate vs. prop-accurate. Anovos looks more prop-accurate to me. If you look closely at the helmet in the film, it has way more texture than the PS version. Also the overall shape looks more accurate to my eye. Not to mention the overall archival quality of Anovos is far better; it will be kicking around long after the PS has turned to dust.

edit: I might add that the Anovos has much more detailed weathering in person than any of the photos can capture.

Really @benhs1898 ? I see the Anovos helmet as far too over textured. In fact, their first iteration of the prototype I consider far better in terms of what we see on screen AND the real world prop. Why did they switch to what they do now? You'd have to ask Got Maul who swears it's accurate but of course can't show us pictures.. Maybe just one?:$

Well anyways here are some images that seem to me show the texture is much too overstated on the Anovos.

IMG_2441.JPGIMG_2442.JPGIMG_2444.JPGIMG_2443.JPGIMG_3083.JPGIMG_3084.JPGIMG_3085.PNGIMG_3086.JPG

I'll be painting one of these myself soon, so if you have any reference proving otherwise, I'd really love to see it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Anovos texture, and in fact have done paint tests to match it as best I can because I think it looks great. Film accurate? That is a totally different discussion..

Last edited:
I have an Anovos showing up next week and am very excited for it. However, I do agree with Mr Mold Maker, the Propshop overall fits the bill better, both in screen wear, or at least what the camera picked up and over all shape. The mouth piece is the biggest for me, until I saw the helmets side by side I didn't realize how different each company did theirs. Again, and for obvious reasons, Propshop nailed that one. Still, super excited for my Anovos since it looks like an absolute gem.

Well as with all Star Wars movie props, there are some scenes where the helmet has a completely glossy finish and some where you can see the pebbled texture. There were probably multiple helmets for different lighting conditions. As far as the glossy appearance goes, neither company got that right. I'll pull some screen caps later to illustrate my point.

My Imperial officer arrived 1st thoughts are I like it I'm going to need to add stirrups to the pants to stop them bunching and somehow add an extra stitch line to the hat peak but not a bad effort overall

maybe anovos copied this one ? 5 stitch lines

5D3_0263.jpg

My Imperial officer arrived 1st thoughts are I like it I'm going to need to add stirrups to the pants to stop them bunching and somehow add an extra stitch line to the hat peak but not a bad effort overall

5D3_0263.jpg

Having 5 stitch lines will make it a problem getting it cleared with the 501st

Screenshot_20161224-154555.png

20161224_134445.png

20161224_134946.png

20161224_150613.png

20161224_150634.png

I will need to add stirrups to the pants but overall it's a good fit

Very interesting to see that the 501st requires 6 or 7 stitches in the cap even at the basic level, seemingly (I've never bothered to count the stitches until this came up in this thread.) Interesting that Anovos would go this route, but I'm not in any position to doubt someone who said it matches (at least some of) the originals.

Who knows though, the 501st is the same organization that used to give a big thumbs up to the FX Stormtrooper helmet and armor, so I don't really take their word as gospel. Will be interesting to see this play out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back