Skyrim Glass Armor (with WIP images)

@GhostMinion @graphixmon Thank you! I'm going to construct a Glass Battleaxe. Here is a quick blueprint I made with photoshop and wood pieces that I've cut and drilled. I used t-nuts and a thread so that I can screw them apart and put them back together for easy transportation, but the t-nuts were not the best choice and I should have gone with a threaded insert. I've ordered some but do you think I can save the dowel and remove the t-nut and replace it with the threaded insert? Or do I have to start the whole thing over?
10352885_518005761636477_7496156389682426976_n.jpg 10734102_522018861235167_4090097145963373185_n.jpg

Last edited:
@GhostMinion @graphixmon Thank you! I'm going to construct a Glass Battleaxe. Here is a quick blueprint I made with photoshop and wood pieces that I've cut and drilled. I used t-nuts and a thread so that I can screw them apart and put them back together for easy transportation, but the t-nuts were not the best choice and I should have gone with a threaded insert. I've ordered some but do you think I can save the dowel and remove the t-nut and replace it with the threaded insert? Or do I have to start the whole thing over?
View attachment 414320 View attachment 414321

Attachments aren't showing up.

You should be able to replace it. It depends on the size of the insert and how well it would fit into the hole from the t nut. As long as the treaded insert has some grab to it, it should be fine I would think.

@Ruddigger Thanks! I'll check it out!

Update: I finally got all the attachments on and was able to strap everything together for my first complete test run! Here is a composite I did. Took the photos in my backyard and then I photoshopped myself into a Skyrim screencap I found online. I still have to work on some attachments though...my pauldrons keep sliding forward, my upper arm pieces keep sliding down and my upper leg armor doesn't stay up if i crouch for a pose. Now it's time to work on my Glass Battleaxe!
10858496_527578437345876_622685941761343660_n.jpg

Attachments

• Prelim Skyrim Glass Armor.jpg
    Prelim Skyrim Glass Armor.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 432
Ruddigger I only have 9 posts cause I just started making costumes! This is actually my very first project!
Sluis Van Shipyards Of course I'll keep posting! There's so much more to share and to learn. I also still have to make my weapon!

I made another composite last night. This time, I'm wielding a fireball! I don't think it came out as well as the last photo but I wanted to use Skyrim colors on the opposite spectrum of the glass armor.

10398676_528276897276030_1125052760649946385_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks fantastic! I really like this armour set. So happy someone is making it and its turning out great! Can't wait to see progress on the Axe!

I'm sorry but did you say this was your first costume build? REALLY? WOW! If this is your first build I can't wait to see what your 5th or 6th build looks like. That is some crazy raw talent right there. There are people who have been building stuff for years that don't make things as nice as this. Well done.

coregeek Hey! I didn't know you were here too! I bought the rockler threaded inserts to replace the t-nuts in the wooden dowels, The quality is great! The ones I got was 1/4 inch and screws into the threads nicely. But the hole that was drilled for the t-nut is too small to accommodate the threaded insert. I will need to make that hole wider. Do you have a suggestion for the setting I should use for my power drill? Or which drill I should get? It says that the pilot hole should be 20 for 1/4 but honestly, I haven't done my research for wood working yet and I'm pretty bad at it haha.
Predatormv Yeah, this is my first real build. I started 2 other foam projects in the past and they were just warmups for me to get used to patterning and creating armor before I purchased worbla. That stuff is hella expensive, but worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I'm starting the Glass Battleaxe build and I just finished the blueprint. I'm going to be making this the cosplayer's way and not the prop-maker's way unfortunately. I plan on traveling with it and I need to be able to take the axe apart and put it into a suitcase. I will be using a wooden dowel cut into 3 sections with EVA foam as the base of the axe head. Then I will cover everything with worbla and add details on top. That's the plan so far!
Glass_battleaxe_factsheet.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back