Interstellar (Post-release)

Re: Interstellar

The trailer before Godzilla was super vague, but the longer one looks amazing. What happened to Matt M? A few years ago I loathed him. He came off as this sleazy, greasy db. Now I'm seeing him as a serious actor and not just the new Tom Cruise vapid pretty boy. Did he grow up? Get a new PR guy? Am I just becoming more tolerant of pretty boys? Did Dallas Buyers' Club give him a boost of gravitas as Born on the Fourth of July did (temporarily) for Cruise? Anyway, psyched for this movie.

I think Matt had it all along just was not given good material to show off his ran ge

Watch the HBO Series True Detectives.

Great performances by Matt and Woody!

The trailer before Godzilla was super vague, but the longer one looks amazing. What happened to Matt M? A few years ago I loathed him. He came off as this sleazy, greasy db. Now I'm seeing him as a serious actor and not just the new Tom Cruise vapid pretty boy. Did he grow up? Get a new PR guy? Am I just becoming more tolerant of pretty boys? Did Dallas Buyers' Club give him a boost of gravitas as Born on the Fourth of July did (temporarily) for Cruise? Anyway, psyched for this movie.

I saw ^that^ trailer earlier today, & it almost brought tears to my eyes. WOW, I can NOT wait to see this film.

Screenshot-2014-07-30-16.30.56%282%29.jpg

Screenshot-2014-07-30-16.30.22.jpg

Screenshot-2014-07-30-16.31.34.jpg

Screenshot-2014-07-30-16.31.44.jpg

Screenshot-2014-07-30-16.32.13.jpg

Screenshot-2014-07-30-16.29.56.jpg

Screenshot-2014-07-30-16.31.25.jpg

Last edited:

I hope Nolan and Co. can knock this out of the park . A billion dollar blockbuster about realistic hardcore human exploration of space and it's importance to humanity wouldn't break my heart. Inspirational fiction is as important as the rocket engines that make it possible. Sorely needed more than ever.

Planet of the Apes 3 is looking great. McConaughey as Taylor; it was the part he was born to play, baby! :D

Possibly a black hole. Looks similar to some visualizations I've seen. However, recently it was calculated that maybe black hole singularities don't exist... possibly a black hole looks like a neutron star from the outside. We'll have to get more info.

I'm still finding it hard to get into this one. So many elements of it look so familar and space exploration films are notoriously dificult to get the balance right. Also the back story with the man trying to get back to his kids seems awfully similar to Inception. It all feels pretty down beat,the Earth is dying,but from the clip the new worlds don't look much better. I have high hopes for this as Nolan films are generally brilliant, but at the moment I'm kind of asking myself "why so serious"?

i cant wait to see this in REAL IMAX!

Since most of this movie has been filmed using the proper IMAX film cameras, it should be a real event.
I admire Nolan's use of IMAX film, it really makes everything ten times bigger, clearer and better.

Every trailer I have seen makes this look dreary and depressing.

Still at least as long as he keeps making films Michael Caine will never be out of work.

Dystopian downer futures portrayed in Sci Fi? Nevah happens!.
This film is one of the few that is going to portray a solution for humanity no?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back