Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

I blued the frame and cylinder with aluminum black after using the 3M polishing pads to shine up the plastic. Remember not to wet the plastic. I did that the first time and it didn't work.

So this lovely black can be achieved this way?
Side.JPG

Sorry Marv, I misunderstood your question. I painted the cylinder covers in a satin black, and then sanded and polished them with really fine sandpaper. 1500 grit. I accidentally sanded through the paint at some of the sharper edges and touched those areas up with aluminum black. I did a final polish with Novus 2 and it worked great.

Missed my chance on the Tomenosuke blasters but I got a Coyle in the works plus several others of my own that I am fooling around with...everyone's work here is amazing and very inspirational... cheers!

"Give it to Holden, he's good!?!"

If some one was making a base ? Or had a good solution for a stand/display I'd appreciate hearing about it :)

There was a really nice stand available from a chap on Propsummit (Dave Goldberg, I think?), but that forum's down for the time being. It had a nice laser etched BR logo in it and fit's the Tomen really well. Good price too. I purchased one and was very happy with it. When that forum comes back you can likely find it there.

Hi, Im in the UK and have read through this thread to see if anyone was successful in getting the Tomenosuke through UK customs (Marv?). Im interested as it looks like there may be another run this year and would like to know before orders become available.

Thanks, Jim

Last reply I got from Dave was that he is sold out and will not be making any anytime soon.

Marv, did you ever get your customs deal sorted out and receive your kit?

I'm truly sorry. I can't believe how some laws on the books, and the actions of the people that enforce them can be so stupid when it comes to items that are clearly prop replicas and quite frankly should not come under the scrutiny they do in the UK and AU.

The kit I ordered from Japan was well and truly lost :(

- - - Updated - - -

I like that stand. I could see obtaining a nice laser etched plaque from another user here to mount in the area your plaque is shown Rich.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for posting this bluing guide! I know there are a lot of similar discussions trapped inside Propsummit, so its great to have one going on over here!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back