Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

Are you removing your blue from the steyr ?

Carl

No, just before I started blueing the zinc parts I wanted to know if anyone had tried removing it if they didn't like the look. I'll try blueing the "hand" and then seeing if vinegar removes it as a test.

I've always said if that I ever acquired another blaster, it would be finished with the clear grips.. Absolutely magnificent!

Highest regards
MARK

I really want those clear grips too. I think I may just finish this kit without the bluing because I like the look of the raw metal so much.

Andy

This looks like one of the first Tomenosuke guns made, long before they teamed up Marushin to make the "Pro" version. It was essentially a prototype before they made their first runs of the Tomenosuke Blaster, made by a gunsmith. Not 100% sure it is the same one or not, or just a recreation of it. Love to get that nickle plated chrome like finish, and those grips. I do kind of see this as the kind of blaster Gaff would have.

Andy

No, just before I started blueing the zinc parts I wanted to know if anyone had tried removing it if they didn't like the look. I'll try blueing the "hand" and then seeing if vinegar removes it as a test.

Gotcha Dave. I'm trying to upload pics of my progress but I can't seem to link them here. There loaded to the rpf but doesn't seem to be a valid attachment

Hey I guess it worked

image.jpg

I used both the Casey's perma blue and super blue. I applied likes dozen times. Each time I would steel wool it. Not overly though. Lightly.
I still want to darken a little more but it's getting there.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 298
Another week and still no movement. Still not being told anything other than its with UK Border control.
Got a great number here it is if ever you need to speak to them directly 02476 212857 - they are so busy you never get through and you will find it engaged even at midnight when the opening hours are something like 9-4:30 or so I was told!!!!:(

I have not started building my blaster yet, but have the super blue and want to go with the blued look. This is my first BR blaster.

Which pieces should I blue? Has anyone amalgamated all the assembly tips?

I have not started building my blaster yet, but have the super blue and want to go with the blued look. This is my first BR blaster.

Which pieces should I blue? Has anyone amalgamated all the assembly tips?

You blue all the Steyr receiver parts, the lever and rear half of the bolt (there is a dividing line to make it easy to know where to stop), the triggers, the trigger guard and the inner grip frame. Oh and also the crane, the trigger ancillary parts like the hand, and the Weaver knob and/or slot screw; and the toothed base washer for the binding post, and the cylinder thumb catch and safety thumb catch. I think that's the lot?

You paint the cylinder covers, the laser sight, the outer grip frame and the bottom of the butt plate.

HTH!

Great looking builds, guys! And lots of great tips, too.
For anyone else who stumbled onto this thread late (like me) and is wondering, there are still kits available! I just put in my order. Cannot wait for it to arrive.

It's been a productive weekend! Here's the progress to date:

This represents nine individual machining setups:

1) Cut 12 foot stock to blank lengths
2) Centerdrill muzzle end
3) Surface muzzle end
4) Chamfer muzzle end
5) Surface turn length of barrel
6) Center drill breach end
7) Part off to finished length
8 ) Center drill breach end (again)
9) Cut shoulder

Originally I had planned to make the barrels in batchs of 12 but it turned out to be much more efficient to do each machining step to all 48 pieces, then move onto the next step. So they will all be done at the same time.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back