Star Wars stand alone films on hold...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bryancd , not being familiar with most of these reporting sites and their accuracy , how confident are you that the arguments used in this article is true ?
Any help appreciated .

:cheersGed

The sites reporting it are both fairly reliable and the reasoning therein doesn’t strike me as off the wall. :) I’m inclined to believe it. They have Rian Johnson in early development of a new trilogy, the GOT guys coming over in 2019 to start work on films, and Favreau’s TV series, which is likely to premiere before 2020.

I imagine the cancellation of rian’s trilogy will follow shortly also, if they do ever mention it again

It’s mentioned in the actual Collider article. These have been officially announced, Kenobi and Boba Fett were rumored. So officially they haven’t canceled films they never announced.

n addition to Episode IX, Lucasfilm has officially announced development on a new Star Wars trilogy focused on new characters from The Last Jedi writer/director Rian Johnson, as well as a new series of filmswritten by Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. These projects continue to be in development and are not part of the paused spinoffs we’re hearing about. But Lucasfilm’s main focus at the moment is planning the next trilogy after the Abrams-directed Star Wars 9, which is expected to conclude the story of Rey (Daisy Ridley) that began with The Force Awakens.

It’s mentioned in the actual Collider article..

n addition to Episode IX, Lucasfilm has officially announced development on a new Star Wars trilogy focused on new characters from The Last Jedi writer/director Rian Johnson, as well as a new series of filmswritten by Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. These projects continue to be in development and are not part of the paused spinoffs we’re hearing about. But Lucasfilm’s main focus at the moment is planning the next trilogy after the Abrams-directed Star Wars 9, which is expected to conclude the story of Rey (Daisy Ridley) that began with The Force Awakens.

I thought Johnson’s trilogy ( if it ever happens ) was supposedly taking place in a galaxy far away from The ‘ far away galaxy ‘ .. i.e. not involving already ‘ established ‘ characters and settings ... isn’t that what he was getting Sooo excited about ?

I thought Johnson’s trilogy ( if it ever happens ) was supposedly taking place in a galaxy far away from The ‘ far away galaxy ‘ i.e. not involving already ‘ established ‘ characters and settings ... isn’t that what he was getting Sooo excited about ?

Yes, The way I’m reading what Steven wrote is they want to also develop a new Saga trilogy independent of those other two projects.

I saw this in the article though

’Disney is done experimenting with new or unusual filmmakers and will go back to proven veteran talent who they know can handle a big budget Star Wars production’

I guess time will tell

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I could ever see one of his movies, after what he did in TLJ. I detest the man.

If they keep him on board, the previously unfathomable will happen....I will boycott a Star Wars film.

The Wook

Dont worry, Disney may not be able to make a decent star wars movie but they aren’t insane. Ruin will be gone within the week

So the part about LFL concentrating on one project on different mediums at a time was just ? ... If they’re also developing a new Saga trilogy ... I’m confused already !

Time to hit the sack :sleep

Ged

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back