Cyberpunk 2077 Samurai Jacket Questions (EL Strip/pad Questions)

Baruthulous

Hi there guys, the new trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 dropped this morning and I have been drooling over this damn fine jacket!

Cyber Hero3.JPG

Now one thing I didn't pick up on first go through is that it is full of neon crazyness

Cyber Hero9.JPGCyber Hero6.JPG

So I want to make this jacket, and I figure the best way to get the lights in there would be to use ElectroLuminescent (EL) Tape/strips or pads/panels. I have never worked with the stuff before, but here in Australia it seems like its hard to find and expensive for the pads (unless I'm not looking in the right spots)

So the main question would be, can you run a few strips next to each other and get it looking like 1 solid strip? or will you have dark lines where the edges of the tape meet? I have pics if I'm not being clear.

The second question is would it be safe or advised or even work, if I were to slice off the excess "tape" where the light doesn't shine? Or am I out of luck and the best bet would be to go for the pads/panels?

SF-COM-10793.jpg415-01.jpg

Thanks in advance guys
Chriso

EDIT:
So what I mean by slicing or cutting would be along these points

SF-COM-10793 - Copy.jpg415-01 - Copy.jpg

AliExpress, Gearbest or any of the online. "Tech Flea Markets" such as Goodluckbuy or DX.com are your best bet for cheap EL wire and panels.

Thanks GasmanR and cullen9 for your help and suggestions. I have found a place in Australia (also happens to only be about a 40 minute drive) that stocks EL Panels. They even sell el kits for Tron costumes.

For all my fellow Australians here is their site:

http://www.elec2go.com.au/

And thanks again to everyone for help and suggestions.

One last question......If I do a build of this jacket, should I continue on in this thread or start a new one?

Thanks

From the sound of it you will have a assortment of jackets in game with different uses.
Highly customizable character options, both male and female.

LINK

Well....that is a super handy reference that i will def borrow :D and yeah those do look like leather. I might stick with a regular bomber though......mainly for cost

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha that is the exact jacket i ordered last night!! Great minds huh?

I live in australia so can't have mine done for dragon con :( but PAX Aus is at the end of october so thats my deadline.

And thats a cool plan of having a leather one for release...i have never sewn before lol but how hard is it to make a leather jacket? Im guessing there are good videos or tutorials or whatnot.

Another cool thing about having it done by game release is hopefully there are multiple badass jackets so that there is a mix at cons!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back