Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Wow, thanks for all the answers! :)
I did order some 3M 8005 glue specialized for low energy plastics yesterday, maybe this works better than my prior attempt.
If it also fails, I’ll try the E6000. Stay tuned. ;)

3M Rug & Carpet Tape

I used this to attach rubber grips to a Heiland back in '95 and they are still in place.
The tape on the roll is still usable and new.
P4181837.JPG

Thanks Halliwax, Can the grips be removed the same way via freezer? I've never used either e6000 or 2-part epoxy so I'm just trying to find the best method for me.

If u have never worked with either, I would but then both, and try gluing popsicle sticks to something... like a paper towel roll or something

The e6000 I think is easier to work with, but you can take my advice honestly because I’m a big fan of it, so I’m going to promote it always lol

I always used 2 part epoxy, loctite to be exact. Only problems I found with them was it was a brittle bond. I would clean the flash with acetone, score the under side of the grip, and rub some sand paper opposite to the grain on the flash

The epoxy held the grips on great, but I dropped the flash once on my carpeted floor and 2 of the grips popped right off

I have also popped them off by hand, I had to use some force but I could remove them

I can’t seem to do that with e6000 unless I use heat, or acetone

I love how easy and clean the clean up is with e6000. I JUST got done working with it 5 minutes ago on another project. I clean the excess off with popsicle sticks and skewers.

I apply e6000 with skewers

But I would buy each type, and play around first on some random stuff. Get a handle for working with it then make your own decision on what you like the most ;)

Then report back and tell us how you feel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

But I would buy each type, and play around first on some random stuff. Get a handle for working with it then make your own decision on what you like the most ;)

Then report back and tell us how you feel!

This is definitely the smart way to go. I'll pick up some of each this weekend. I don't plan to remove the grips in the future, but I like the idea of being able to just in case.

Thanks to mgoob's idea, I tried some indoor 3M double sided tape I usually use to install Led strips...
I would definitely recommend this. In my opinion it holds up as good as the 2K epoxy I tried first, without the fear you might have using permanent glue on a vintage Graflex. :rolleyes
This way you can easily correct the position of single grips until you reach something you like. First thought about redoing it when my new glue arrives, but I will probably stay with this technique. I used a 3D printed tool for getting the positions right, will upload this to thingiverse after some corrections in CAD... There is also one on shapeways if you don't want to do your own - this really helped me.

Quite happy with the result. So thanks Roy for selling these beautiful parts. :)

IMG_5181-privat.jpgIMG_5182-privat.jpgIMG_5184-privat.jpg

Thanks to mgoob's idea, I tried some indoor 3M double sided tape I usually use to install Led strips...
I would definitely recommend this. In my opinion it holds up as good as the 2K epoxy I tried first, without the fear you might have using permanent glue on a vintage Graflex. :rolleyes
This way you can easily correct the position of single grips until you reach something you like. First thought about redoing it when my new glue arrives, but I will probably stay with this technique. I used a 3D printed tool for getting the positions right, will upload this to thingiverse after some corrections in CAD... There is also one on shapeways if you don't want to do your own - this really helped me.

Quite happy with the result. So thanks Roy for selling these beautiful parts. :)

View attachment 810954View attachment 810955View attachment 810956

That looks great. I'd be happy if I could get my notches cut and grips installed as well as that.

Btw: When riveting the D-ring to the bottom of the saber, start with the outer one, to prevent the Graflex' bottom from bending - resulting in a gap under the not riveted side of the D-ring... I had to remove inner rivet to fix this. This might happen only when using steel rivets, but maybe this helps someone to get it right on the first try.

Hey Roy, the blue print prints came out amazing!!! Thanks for doing this, I’ve wanted these for a long tim!!

Photo I took is crappy, I did this at 2am and didn’t want to light up my place in fear of waking up my roommates (parents)

6d5aa88219a13e5b92d5e073c81b6122.jpg

16x20, it’s printed on a thick piece of paper, real thick, real sturdy. Much better deal then having my local staples print these out for me

Really appreciate it!!

Hey Roy, the blue print prints came out amazing!!! Thanks for doing this, I’ve wanted these for a long tim!!

Photo I took is crappy, I did this at 2am and didn’t want to light up my place in fear of waking up my roommates (parents)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180512/6d5aa88219a13e5b92d5e073c81b6122.jpg

16x20, it’s printed on a thick piece of paper, real thick, real sturdy. Much better deal then having my local staples print these out for me

Really appreciate it!!

Thanks Danny, those look fantastic on your wall! Thanks for sharing!

Roy

Is there any chance of getting a longer threaded portion on the new run of V2 levers coming soon? Ive never been able to get one to stick out as much as it does on the real thing.

6371314b14d638b25d7f3d5609acd9cc.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back