R.I.P David Ogden Stiers

MooCriket

Master Member
Angry_Charles_viewing_painting_of_him.jpghttp://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...18/03/david_ogden_stiers_mash_actor_dies.html

Loved him in M*A*S*H. Really did a tremendous job with his character.

Here's to you:
Cheers Charles.jpg

He whistles louder when he has nothing!

Winchester was terrific, and gave the show a much needed jolt, after Henry, Trapper and Frank had left. Funny as hell. But as the new guy, he did get the best lines, and was written as Hawkeye's foil. As much as I liked Winchester, I didn't like that Hawkeye was no longer the smartest and cleverest guy in the room.

Rest in Peace, David. And thanks for all the great laughs and memories.

The Wook

He was the best thing in that awful Justice League pilot. I love how he didn't even shave his beard, he made them do makeup over it like he's thinking "Screw this, there's never going to be a series order".

I worked on over 1500 shows of Disney`s Beauty and the Beast and his voice over at the start is etched in my mind. Hugh Jackmans first professional gig BTW. Loved his work in MASH as well. RIP.

Good to see you back on the boards @MooCricket.

I was watching a mini MASH marathon today and about two hours ago I was doing the mental 'alive or dead' with the cast and guest stars.

Frakk.

Fantastic as Charles, and a great voice actor for Disney as well. Heard he was a pretty talented musician and conductor.

From Alan Alda:

"David Ogden Stiers. I remember how you skateboarded to work every day down busy LA streets. How, once you glided into Stage 9, you were Winchester to your core. How gentle you were, how kind, except when devising the most vicious practical jokes. We love you, David. Goodbye."

Last edited by a moderator:
^That was very touching The Wook It sounds like Alan truly cared about David. I would love to have seen David skateboarding down an LA street during his M*A*S*H days!

The Wook, oh yes indeed. Can you imagine Charles Emerson Winchester, III doing acid drops, flipping Ollies, and breaking out moves down LA streets?! Hell....they should have made that a show!

@The Wook, oh yes indeed. Can you imagine Charles Emerson Winchester, III doing acid drops, flipping Ollies, and breaking out moves down LA streets?!

God forbid, he'd break a sweat.

Oh wait, that's right, in the first place, Winchesters don't sweat, they perspire. In the second place, they don't perspire.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back