Man of Steel (Post-release)

Was I the only one who noticed Tahmoh Penikett and Alessandro Juliani from new Battlestar Galactica had small roles in the movie?

Last edited:
Was I the only one who noticed Tahmoh Penikett and Alessandro Juliani from new Battlestar Galactica had small roles in the movie?

Yeah, small role for Juliani, and about two seconds for Penikett IIRC. Lois is seen showing him a photo of Clark in her search montage.

I haven't read many Superman comics. Was the codex from the comics, or just for the movie?

I've only been reading the new 52 for the most part. Haven't seen any mention of it there. But then again doesn't mean it hasn't been in earlier ones. Kal-El's heritage has changed over the years from Jor-El being a scientist, to he's the son of royalty, etc. So, wouldn't surprise me if this is something that was mentioned during one of the older origins.

I'm having the situation where everytime I think about MoS I begin to hum the John Williams theme.

So how long will it be before some intrepid editor out there adds in JW's theme over the whole film?

Last edited:
I haven't read many Superman comics. Was the codex from the comics, or just for the movie?
I couldn't tell you with any certainty because i've read exactly 2 Superman comics ever in my life, but I think it's an invention of the movie, as is most of the rest of the Krypton backstory from the movie.

First of all... did anyone notice that when Zod and his posse were frozen on Krypton and started to float up to the jail ship, they all looked like giant d i l d o s? GIANT D I L D O S!!!

My gf and I instantly turned to each other on that scene and we started snickering like Beavis and Butthead.

I've only been reading the new 52 for the most part. Haven't seen any mention of it there. But then again doesn't mean it hasn't been in earlier ones. Kal-El's heritage has changed over the years from Jor-El being a scientist, to he's the son of royalty, etc. So, wouldn't surprise me if this is something that was mentioned during one of the older origins.

Is that why he was wearing a KC "Royals" tshirt at one point? It seemed out of place when I saw it, and I thought it might have been a reference, but wasn't sure.

A good overview of the different viewpoints of the movie. It's little long at almost an hour, but worth it i think. It does contain spoilers, so beware if you haven't seen the movie (but this is the post-release thread, so if you're here...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh sorry. I clearly can't get over the stereotype that geeks possibly don't know anything about jock activity. :lol

Related to that though - I've seen a lot people discussing "Easter eggs" which seem like quite a stretch to me. Not necessarily here but all over the interwebs.

Oh sorry. I clearly can't get over the stereotype that geeks possibly don't know anything about jock activity. :lol

Related to that though - I've seen a lot people discussing "Easter eggs" which seem like quite a stretch to me. Not necessarily here but all over the interwebs.

The only two I saw were the "Lexcorp" logo on the side of one of the semis and the Wayne Enterprises logo on the satellite that Zod and Superman destroy in their final confrontation

The only two I saw were the "Lexcorp" logo on the side of one of the semis and the Wayne Enterprises logo on the satellite that Zod and Superman destroy in their final confrontation

There is a moment where Henry's face morphs into Christopher Reeve (subtle...but there) and a Christopher Reeve "Clark Kent" on the sidewalk as Henry rides by on his bicycle..(possible?)..

The next Superman filming a bike scene in Chicago - YouTube

Last edited:
The situation Superman was in - evil guy who threatened to kill everyone as soon as the opportunity presented itself is nothing new. Superman has figured out ways to deal with it without killing the guy during his 75yr run.

Except that he has killed him once in the 75 years, and indirectly killed another character named Zod within the last 15 years. Its not new, plus all the times he attempt to have a final solution for doomsday says that he is not averse to killing if the situation warrants it, but in most cases it is avoidable. But not always.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back