ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Prices on everything Star Wars have gone bonkers. Glad I got most of what I wanted early on. Still pissed I sold a set of armor anticipating EFX doing a stormtrooper. Lol!

Prices on everything Star Wars have gone bonkers. Glad I got most of what I wanted early on. Still pissed I sold a set of armor anticipating EFX doing a stormtrooper. Lol!

Yeah, know what you mean, I also got most of the stuff I wanted, prices are crazy these days. Glad I got my RS armor though, because EFX will never make their TK armor alas.

Hey people just stated this page that they would pay more for US made stuff if it delivered quicker. Here is their chance! (although it is a new line so they still need to prove it will be quicker)

If I was into this as much as Sith stuff and could get it within the promised time I would do it for sure. And have in the past!

Hey people just stated this page that they would pay more for US made stuff if it delivered quicker. Here is their chance! (although it is a new line so they still need to prove it will be quicker)

whatever, either way the significant price rise isn’t down to increased import fees - which was your original suggestion

Cheers

Jez
I don't think all of the increase is due to possible tariffs, but I am concerned that there will be increases in the price for many collectibles since so many are made in China. Currently there is a lot of uncertainty in the final cost of producing and importing products.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

$450 was with out soft goods and the $650 was with soft goods. I remember clearly because I was not gonna spend $200 on black clothing! LOL
This was from the Anovos website. They have since updated the page.

Pricing
$650.00 USD for builder's*kit*without*soft goods, until May 31, 2018.
$850.00 USD for*builder's*kit*including*soft goods, until May 31, 2018.
Effective June 1, 2018:*$900.00 USD for builders kit*
Effective June 1, 2018:*$1,100.00 USD for builders kit including soft goods.This item is eligible for*Payment Plan*options.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...wars/products/star-wars-imperial-stormtrooper

It is probably most accurate to say the most recent price increase was from $650 to $900 for the kit without softgoods. At some earlier point it went up to $650.

Last edited:
This was from the Anovos website. They have since updated the page.

Pricing
$650.00 USD for builder's*kit*without*soft goods, until May 31, 2018.
$850.00 USD for*builder's*kit*including*soft goods, until May 31, 2018.
Effective June 1, 2018:*$900.00 USD for builders kit*
Effective June 1, 2018:*$1,100.00 USD for builders kit including soft goods.This item is eligible for*Payment Plan*options.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...wars/products/star-wars-imperial-stormtrooper

It is probably most accurate to say the most recent price increase was from $650 to $900 for the kit without softgoods. At some earlier point it went up to $650.

IIRC $650 was the regular price after the two early adopter discount periods expired.

This is Reggie from ANOVOS with an update (delay) about your order #ANOVOS-13-1003 for the STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Kylo Ren Premier Costume Ensemble with Helmet. This beautifully detailed costume has completed production and we were able to achieve a stunningly perfect, screen accurate color match on the fabric. (oh, you mean black?!) This Ensemble is certain to be something you will be extremely proud to add to your Star Wars collection. (all excitement is gone. I’m working off of curiosity now) It is currently undergoing safety testing, which ensures getting you a product that is the ANOVOS vision for quality. (what do you mean by safety? Removing the grenades and dusting of cyanide?) As such, these items remain on schedule to begin delivery to customers in Spring and into Summer 2018.

Which means late September

We have found that moving projects to different manufacturers (meaning United States because you tried to save money by using incompetent slave labor and had to start over) has improved our ability to provide a full range of items to customers this season, however we still have a bit to go to achieve that goal. This upcoming season has promised (season? Now the sky talks to you? I felt that someone was making promises somewhere. I thought it was you guys but I guess it is the wind) to be our opportunity to finish these outstanding projects and continue to move forward with a number of other wonderful items that are planned for release in the coming year. (“planned” means nothing at Anovos) We sincerely appreciate that you continue to stand with us as we move forward. (not standing with you at all. Waiting.) Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

While the delays are frustrating, at least they are trying to improve by moving to different manufacturers. We will see how that turns out. Hopefully the increase in the cost of the OT Stormtrooper kit isn't the start of a trend for other products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agreed. But its like the marriage is a little better because he/ she beats me less.

And another thing, we are not starting museums here. Anovos says "your Star Wars 'collection.'" I want to wear this damn thing. It is already in storage at Anovos as part of my "collection." My jackets and underwear are not part of my wardrobe "collection."

While the delays are frustrating, at least they are trying to improve by moving to different manufacturers. We will see how that turns out. Hopefully the increase in the cost of the OT Stormtrooper kit isn't the start of a trend for other products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The thing is the Anovos as nice as it is it does not come close to the RS Kit. The Anovos is a clean up scan which is not worth the $900 they are asking for.
I’d just responded to where you’d said you hadn’t seen any kits for that much $. Whether the Anovos is worth it is another question. I do agree the products are not on the same level, 100%.

Also, just got an email saying my Blue Leader lid has been delayed to Fall 2018... that’s two or three delays now. Pretty sure it’s a year late, assuming it arrives before winter.

edit: found this, hard to find the original ship date since Anovos scrubs all the pages of the info:

https://www.coffeewithkenobi.com/ro...ck-blue-squadron-helmet-available-now-anovos/

Originally shipping Summer 2017, apparently :lol

Last edited:
Anovos damages itself so much by indicating shipping dates that people get excited about and plan around only to then repeatedly pull the rug out from under their customers with delays. It is truly numbing. But what does everyone think about the structure of this particular boycott? - No one pre-orders anything until the shipping calendar does not get any "bumps" for a period of two years. Thoughts??

Anovos damages itself so much by indicating shipping dates that people get excited about and plan around only to then repeatedly pull the rug out from under their customers with delays. It is truly numbing. But what does everyone think about the structure of this particular boycott? - No one pre-orders anything until the shipping calendar does not get any "bumps" for a period of two years. Thoughts??
I'm very confident that would cause them to lose the SW license. That would basically mean no more preorders ever. Delays seem to be expected with the relatively small quantities they order. There are many factors out of their control such as factory issues and Lucasfilm direction. Some will say those are just excuses, but they are reality. Anovos doesn't control several things that can cause delays.

A possible solution would be to give estimates way out in the future or huge ranges of time for the estimated delivery, but I doubt that would make anyone happy.

Some of us understand and now expect delays. Some have major concerns with delays. If you do, don't preorder.

This is just preorders for expensive toys, not life and death. For the most part, they have eventually delivered. There were a few cancelled products. They aren't like some vendors that you need to be afraid will just disappear with your money.

You just said it yourself - Anovos needs to put out the exact shipping estimates that are, in reality, way out in the future. If it is 2 years, they need to say it and I cannot think of an argument against it because there is none. And if it is 3 years they will STILL get the die hard fans and collectors without suffering cancellations and a shrinking customer base. At this point what some have called their "learning curve" is over - they know exactly how long it will take. And it seems they are in some kind of recovery, however slow and feeble.

Myeslf, I will never pre-order from them again. I agree.

And no, it is not life and death. But they project professionalism across the board such that I myself (and others here) start to plan things and get kids excited, for instance. And then disappoint them. Not life and death but pretty damn unpleasant to experience. And based on the faith that ANOVOS ASKS US FOR.

LFL and Disney are real concerns. But now they are known and need to included in all estimates. The desperation with which this company now drips is palpable.

And personally, I would like to see them go belly up if their pre-order estimates ever again get bumped more than once.

Of the 5 people who I told about my own pre-order - people who were going to be customers, three never followed through with their orders because of my experience and one has gotten a refund. The 5th is on the fence.

But by giving Anovos 3 thousand dollars years ago I have done more than enough to support them considering I have only been mislead all along.

I'm very confident that would cause them to lose the SW license. That would basically mean no more preorders ever. Delays seem to be expected with the relatively small quantities they order. There are many factors out of their control such as factory issues and Lucasfilm direction. Some will say those are just excuses, but they are reality. Anovos doesn't control several things that can cause delays.

A possible solution would be to give estimates way out in the future or huge ranges of time for the estimated delivery, but I doubt that would make anyone happy.

Some of us understand and now expect delays. Some have major concerns with delays. If you do, don't preorder.

This is just preorders for expensive toys, not life and death. For the most part, they have eventually delivered. There were a few cancelled products. They aren't like some vendors that you need to be afraid will just disappear with your money.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back