eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

There is always going to be a level of compromise you have to accept compared to an actual film prop. If you can't understand that then you really have no understanding about how manufacturing on a large scale in China works.

I wonder what compromises my iPhone has...

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end they did have access to the Archives, too bad the replicas made are not that close to what we expected, excepting the chosen people who got clean casts directly from the Archives. I guess their optimism comes from that fact

Shhhhh. That never happens. ;) ;)

Based on the statements made here about what is possible and what is not, I would be very curious to see Anovos try making a Scout helmet of their own.

It all begs the question I’ve thought of in the past: What exactly is the point of having “lineage” in components if the finished product is constructed in such a way that it has glaring discrepancies to the original it is attempting to replicate? Do some people place importance on “lineage” as some intangible thing, regardless of any degree of differences from the original?

The fact is the factories copy the master, and if the master stinks, the resulting copies will stink. Ala the efx scout.

This brings me to something i've been meaning to ask since seeing the first photos of the fiberglass EFX scout helmet with all its faults...... What was the master that was sent to the factory like? As i had no interest at all in the fiberglass scout, i don't know if there were any photos of the master that the factory had to copy posted anywhewre.

Gino I can not believe you are still boosting up this piece of crap. With all of the problems mentioned by others I find this to be below the Rubies Scout helmet. That can close with out the flaring and there is no gap between the visor and the face.

Why are most companies in the US so ho*ny on manufacturing in China to cut costs???
Why not use eastern europe? In Europe, we often use countries like Estonia, Poland and Romania. Great people and a great sence of quality.
Not that different from China in price.
Just a thought..

I would love to see companies using ANYWHERE other than China, Korea etc to manufacture things, but as this is a prop forum, thats all i'm saying.

I do love my four Dogs though.....

I rarely come on here nowadays and really cannot be bothered reading back through all the posts.

Simple question is there any update on the Legend Edition Scout. I have one on order and just want to know what is happening / not happening.

Thanks in advance.

No Gino it didn't. After four years it turned out a mess. A helmet with an unnecessarily gaping, irregular void when viewed from above, a visor that doesn't close - and jaw flaring to try and help it fit together better. Its a stretch to call it "acceptable", a million miles from "amazing". Please tone it down!

I think this is a major point. If the helmet had actually been released 4 years ago I think people would be more forgiving of the inaccuracies.But more you delay a project, the more accurate people expect it to be. You make people wait for as long as they have on THIS project with little to no communication and a condescending attitude, it better be perfect.

I think this is a major point. If the helmet had actually been released 4 years ago I think people would be more forgiving of the inaccuracies.But more you delay a project, the more accurate people expect it to be. You make people wait for as long as they have on THIS project with little to no communication and a condescending attitude, it better be perfect.

Let’s agree to disagree. Accuracy is possibly the most important thing we strive for as prop collectors. These helmets were pre-sold with a promise that they would be the most accurate reproduction of this helmet ever made to date...with all the pedigree of the Legend Edition. Then, we were strung along for years with a story about overcoming the production obstacles. Clearly, that wasn’t true and, clearly, that’s not what we received. The delays and lack of correspondence ruined the reputation of eFX in many of our opinions but I know I would have been unhappy with the product regardless of whether it were delivered on time. I’m quite confident that my opinion is shared.

BTW I had a response back from Disney Licensing and it sounds like they know this is starting to become a real issue. Apparently they are discussing customer quality concerns with EFX - and also working with them to put a statement out on the Legend.

They're keen to hear feedback etc. so if anyone wants Disney Licensing's contact info then pm me.

Cheers

Jez

Let’s agree to disagree. Accuracy is possibly the most important thing we strive for as prop collectors. These helmets were pre-sold with a promise that they would be the most accurate reproduction of this helmet ever made to date...with all the pedigree of the Legend Edition. Then, we were strung along for years with a story about overcoming the production obstacles. Clearly, that wasn’t true and, clearly, that’s not what we received. The delays and lack of correspondence ruined the reputation of eFX in many of our opinions but I know I would have been unhappy with the product regardless of whether it were delivered on time. I’m quite confident that my opinion is shared.

I’m not saying it would have been a non-issue, but if it had been delivered in a timely manner and with better customer service, I still think people would be more forgiving of EFX. Like, maybe you would still be willing to give them a shot on another product. Also, acceptable levels of inaccuracy varies from person to person so while some would have been equally upset if it was delivered on time, a lot more are this upset because it took so long with so little communication. Plus, a good company would acknowledge the errors in accuracy and do something to make the customers who are upset happy.

Basically, what I’m saying is the company would be in a better position from a consumer trust standpoint if they had handled this better. Instead, they took everybody’s money disappeared for 4 years, delivered something that wasn’t what they promised, and are now telling everybody to eat their bowl of s*** and smile because this is as good as it gets. Which we all know is bogus.

We all know that most of the times, if not always, licensed product is not going to be perfectly accurate. At least not to a level of a fan made coming from the same source. The problem doesn't necessarily lay with 100% or 90% accuracy here. It lays with the big and unnecessary top gaps present on this helmet, the fact that many cannot close properly, and they come with a cheapass fragile stand, not to mention the usual delays (4 years, yey!), lack of communication, lack of QC and so on. But they say we got what we got and should be happy. If this was a Hasbro Black Series helmet we might be happy, but this is a $700 (*plus taxes) one...

I wonder if anyone will be brave enough to try deconstructing their helmet to see if it might be possible to get it to fit better on the sides. I feel like mine would actually close if the grey plug things were in a slightly different location, or something. Since it’s fiberglass I realize this might be more difficult.

I wouldn’t know where to begin, myself, so I’m not saying I’m gonna do it :lol

I saw that as well; That's a pretty crappy way to do business. It's also like EFX is saying "Hey, it could be worse. We could have decided to never ship it out"

This^^ It sucks and those helmets are obviously from the reject pile, but eFX has long spent the $ you guys paid them and they only sent out these POSs under duress from Disney. As sad as it is at least you got something... and people will buy anything that's licensed. When this is all over the guys that paid for the Legend are gonna feel worse because they won't get squat.

I saw that as well; That's a pretty crappy way to do business. It's also like EFX is saying "Hey, it could be worse. We could have decided to never ship it out"

A "We got what we got and should be happy" is a big middle finger and screw you to the customers.

JKNO, "but this is a $700 (*plus taxes) one..." ...don't forget the extreme shipping fees to some countries.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back