Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

The Chinese just got back to me about the sock toe. They want to see images of them. I have send them a few plus a video of my pairs I did. Lets hope they can do this.

Western Union charges like a $55 fee so don't think it's such a good deal using them.

That's why i didnt send via Western Union. When you tack on the fee, you're paying close to $600. Thats why they give you the discount to balance it out. Also, I get clothes made in China and when you pay by credit card, there is a processing fee because of the currency conversion when paying by a credit card.

Here comes the troubles !
I Walked during 3 hours saturday and a part of the EL panel on the right shoes feels like to have wiring troubles ...
Martha asked me to do few checks before taking care of thise case.
I'll keep you updated guys.

View attachment 650024

Sorry to see that, hopefully you get them running again easily. There seems to be a fair few issues cropping up now. I know they are Reps but we are still paying big money for these!

I Walked during 3 hours saturday and a part of the EL panel on the right shoes feels like to have wiring troubles ...

View attachment 650024

I think you've probably got a problem with the tiny connection between the two semi-circle EL panels. I'm guessing it's actually just one panel with a blank out section to separate as I believe from photos there's only one power source going to the larger of the two panels. Looks like a new pair is in order for you unless you fancy ripping apart the sole & replacing the whole panel. I could be wrong but I'm sure Jedifyfe or airair will have a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 650024

its definitely the small connection between the two EL pod shapes the only way to fix that would be to open the shoe up, remove the EL and try to use a clothes iron to reconnect the panel. I'm afraid that this will be more and more common in these.

I received my pair this morning. These are truly kinda incredible. I've seen and handled the RD Mags, from what I can remember, these seem pretty spot on in terms of construction.

Some notes:
1. I was concerned about the yellowing of the clear soles in my QC pictures. I'm happy to say they are not too bad in person. See pictures below. Definitely a bit of yellowing still, just not as bad.
2. I made a note about wanting the outer yellow box is the perfect condition. I got pretty much the opposite. Some of the wear and tear Im sure happened during delivery but there is some breakage around the hinge and scuffs.
3. One of my shoes was completely drained. I thought I had a busted electronic but charged it and seems to be working fine now.

edee48ce-c43a-4b13-87b5-df092b545224.jpg 5d077eae-fd70-4a19-8590-1c541a14754e.jpg

I received my pair this morning. These are truly kinda incredible. I've seen and handled the RD Mags, from what I can remember, these seem pretty spot on in terms of construction.

Some notes:
1. I was concerned about the yellowing of the clear soles in my QC pictures. I'm happy to say they are not too bad in person. See pictures below. Definitely a bit of yellowing still, just not as bad.
2. I made a note about wanting the outer yellow box is the perfect condition. I got pretty much the opposite. Some of the wear and tear Im sure happened during delivery but there is some breakage around the hinge and scuffs.
3. One of my shoes was completely drained. I thought I had a busted electronic but charged it and seems to be working fine now.

View attachment 650136 View attachment 650137

Thank you for sharing. What size did you order and how's the fit? Also what did your timeline look like - how long did the process take? And post more pics :) these are awesome

I have to laugh at how demanding the prop community is. We've had the ability to buy the closest replica of the Mag ever for about a month and we're already trying to talk the manufacturer into making changes, sending unassembled sneakers, photos of the individual parts, etc so that we can have the "perfect" shoe.

We're all nuts. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 650024

If the half of El panel is not lighting up, there must be a crack or split in the panel somewhere.
It looks like the middle join is very thin so was either slightly damaged when they were putting them in, or the flexing has eventually snapped it.
It could even be just a random failure of the panel. I've had El sheets which suddenly have had areas that stop lighting for no apparent reason.
Usually the failure rates are low if panels are correctly made.
It could be salvaged but you'd have to open the clear sides.
I would hope if these panels are plugged separately into the wiring, then the entire El panel can be replaced.
If they offer to send a replacement shoe that would be a good option.
I'd make them replace it.

FreddyTV said:
Thank you for sharing. What size did you order and how's the fit? Also what did your timeline look like - how long did the process take? And post more pics :) these are awesome

Sure. They are size 9. I'm usually a size 9.5/10 in Nike but after reading the comments here I sized down and they are a good fit. I will say, these are the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE shoes I have ever put on. I've heard that to be true of the RD mags as well as these really weren't meant to be worn. But maybe I'm just nervous walking in them....

Here is my time line

July 11th - ordered
July 27th - received QC pictures.
Between these two dates there were many emails to Rebecca and chats with David as to why it was taking so long. I was repeatedly told to wait and they would be sent out soon...
July 30th - DHL shipping email received.
Aug 1 - Shoes delivered.

After inspecting them for a couple hours there is a slightly major flaw/concern - the left shoe has a crease in the toebox (pictures attached.) At first I thought it was a wire running below the fabric but I think it's actually a bend in the foam. It MIGHT be fixable? Because of the fabric you can sometimes see a slightly dark shadow. I checked and this was not visible in the QC pictures I was sent.

I plan on emailing Rebecca about this tonight.

I will say I'm pretty disappointed in the aluminum plate and instruction booklet. I realize these are extras or whatever, but still. It seems like my plate was repeatedly dropped on the floor and scuffed. My booklet is a bent and folded the wrong way. I know I'm nit picking...

On another note, I feel like the ribbing in the fabric is far less apparent in person than it is in pictures. Not really sure why the fabric seems more textured in photos.. it's strange.

IMG_2613.jpgIMG_2619.jpgIMG_2621.jpgIMG_2623.jpgIMG_2627.jpgIMG_2628.jpgIMG_2644.jpgIMG_2651.jpgIMG_2652.jpg

I have to laugh at how demanding the prop community is. We've had the ability to buy the closest replica of the Mag ever for about a month and we're already trying to talk the manufacturer into making changes, sending unassembled sneakers, photos of the individual parts, etc so that we can have the "perfect" shoe.

We're all nuts. Hahaha.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
[h=3][/h]

sarni1000 thank you so much for sharing. The toe box issue would bother me a bit as well but im under the impression that every single pair will have some type of flaw. Even authentic Nike shoes have flaws tho so don't feel too bad. And what the hell are they doing with these boxes? There's no reason for them to be so beat up. Same goes for the plate - I mean we are paying $600 for these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sarni1000 thank you so much for sharing. The toe box issue would bother me a bit as well but im under the impression that every single pair will have some type of flaw. Even authentic Nike shoes have flaws tho so don't feel too bad. And what the hell are they doing with these boxes? There's no reason for them to be so beat up. Same goes for the plate - I mean we are paying $600 for these things.

I specifically asked them to ship mine so the box wont get damaged...of course they didn't lol and it was damaged. Judging from the outside shipping box on mine, the yellow box was damaged BEFORE they even shipped it though.

Also, @sarni1000 your clear sole looks very flat in the first photo it doesn't bow out? Is it the camera angle?

I specifically asked them to ship mine so the box wont get damaged...of course they didn't lol and it was damaged. Judging from the outside shipping box on mine, the yellow box was damaged BEFORE they even shipped it though.

Also, @sarni1000 your clear sole looks very flat in the first photo it doesn't bow out? Is it the camera angle?
Definitely damaged before shipment. Not sure how, but it's bad quality control nonetheless. They should have also used thinner magnets as they push out the yellow paper.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back