Studio Scale Pirate Ship/Blockade Runner

In all seriousness, probably around what the other sets have cost.

And the Sealab set is hot on this one's heels!!

Mastered by Craig Underwood, castings by Mike Salzo - here is a preview of one of THREE parts that make up ONE "heat sink" for the eleven you need for a Blockade Runner or Pirate Ship.

33 parts, total.

In two weeks Mike will start taking orders for you builders out there!

View attachment 633939

lol smiley face in the mold.....nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
An organized massive project is a happy massive project!

IMG_0001.jpg

Heat sinks and Sealab editions are both going to be available for ordering in the Junkyard shortly - Mike will post.

THREE parts make up ONE "heat sink" for the eleven you need for a Blockade Runner or Pirate Ship. 33 parts, total.

This Sealab set is EVERYTHING for the Blockade Runner (or Pirate Ship) - the WHOLE ship.

IMG_9745.jpg

Lorne has said he thinks they might have been heat sinks, but it was made just before his arrival at ILM. If they're ever found, that'd be cool, but I'll be completely happy with Craig's solution :)
I always thought these were the centres of drum slide projectors but there are differences

They are baffles of some sort, designed to let air flow through but not let light leak out. I have no idea what they were and I can tell you it was not easy recreating them, either! :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back