TFA/TLJ T Tracks

Very very very minimal difference. I bet a few swipes of fine sand paper would thin it down ever so slightly ;)
Sand paper doesnt make them taller.... regardless theyre short. Even if you thinned it down without leaving marks from sanding, you'd still not have the height. I know I'm splitting hairs with the difference. But at this point if youre going for 100% accuracy then splitting hairs is a normal thing.

If you dont care that much about it (I sure dont as far as my graflex goes its not my Fett) then ignore what I said and go with what you want.

Sand paper doesnt make them taller.... regardless theyre short. Even if you thinned it down without leaving marks from sanding, you'd still not have the height. I know I'm splitting hairs with the difference. But at this point if youre going for 100% accuracy then splitting hairs is a normal thing.

If you dont care that much about it (I sure dont as far as my graflex goes its not my Fett) then ignore what I said and go with what you want.

Gotcha bro.
Maybe I need to make the TFA/TLJ grips from scratch.
My OCD tells me they’re different then the OT.
I love Roy’s tracks and use them on OT graflexes but I think they’re needs to be a different option for TFA TLJ
Jus saying

- - - Updated - - -

What about grips from The Custom Saber Shop? Anyone have some to compare?

Or 89 sabers

If the old Blast Tech grips are the same as The Custom Saber Shops. (I noticed they both use hex bolts and nuts) We could ask slothfurnace to post a picture of the grips on his ESB saber.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I don’t have spare grips but I am replacing my Romans TFA short grips with long ones.
I have been working on making a better profile t track with correct rivet location.
Work in progress so please don’t mind the taped together grip. I had to add a piece to make it long enough to display.
The rivet is a 1/2in up from the bottom.
9ACDB096-F34B-49C9-B9C7-632F39959D3D.jpegF7A0055A-094E-4D64-BF3C-822F4AB7BDDE.jpeg1A80D634-F8F1-4709-B2FD-D456BFA1BE31.jpeg

So I don’t have spare grips but I am replacing my Romans TFA short grips with long ones.
I have been working on making a better profile t track with correct rivet location.
Work in progress so please don’t mind the taped together grip. I had to add a piece to make it long enough to display.
The rivet is a 1/2in up from the bottom.
View attachment 805888View attachment 805889View attachment 805890

What are you using to widen out the groove?

- - - Updated - - -

I've ordered some TCSS grips. I'll post some pictures once I get them.

I got my TCSS grips today. Some good news and bad. Firstly some pictures.

20180402_195734.jpg

20180402_195826.jpg

WannaWanga grips on the left TCSS on the right

20180402_195912.jpg

20180402_195935.jpg

So the good news. The profile and height are the closest I've seen.

Bad news. The placement and size of the notch are incorrect. And the length may be off. According to the lightsaber guide, 88mm is needed for TFA Rey/Finn version. Supposedly this is the same for TLJ. Though I personally feel they should be closer 90mm for TLJ. The default length of these grips is 91mm.

So I'm going to suggest getting these http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/6-Piece-rubber-grip-set-8-P376.aspx and trimming them to the desired length and cutting a properly placed and sized notch.

I got my TCSS grips today. Some good news and bad. Firstly some pictures.

View attachment 806952

View attachment 806953

WannaWanga grips on the left TCSS on the right

View attachment 806954

View attachment 806955

So the good news. The profile and height are the closest I've seen.

Bad news. The placement and size of the notch are incorrect. And the length may be off. According to the lightsaber guide, 88mm is needed for TFA Rey/Finn version. Supposedly this is the same for TLJ. Though I personally feel they should be closer 90mm for TLJ. The default length of these grips is 91mm.

So I'm going to suggest getting these http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/6-Piece-rubber-grip-set-8-P376.aspx and trimming them to the desired length and cutting a properly placed and sized notch.
88mm could be for the short grip/ maz saber
The one that ol girl is holding in this pic seems to be longer grips.
I’m not a fan of the short grips. Here are a few pics of my sample Roman t track I made to match what I see in TLJ
0F602ABB-5094-4434-B68B-B6B80B237815.jpeg
BC56CC95-7DF0-4F36-84C1-83F7868B0887.jpegC7012CB9-2B1E-4609-821F-A35803FDB5AB.jpeg0FE5076A-E042-46AD-AB52-D5B88A1BF8C1.jpeg

In my opinion the TCSS grips are not a match to screen used (sides are not as straight, they taper a bit at the bottom) and we still need someone to make grips with the correct profiles.

Last edited:
They are the closest that I've found. I am planning on getting some of these http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/6-Piece-rubber-grip-set-8-P376.aspx and cutting them to length, and adding in the notch. The pre-notched ones aren't quite the correct dimensions. http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Blueprint-TFA-FINN-TLJ-REY.jpg

Haha, changed my mind as you were typing! I'm seeing enough difference to tell me they are not a close enough match. We need a custom solution.

What are the differences that you are seeing?

Do you have any leads for a custom solution?

In the pic you posted with the grip profiles side by side, TCSS grip ridge looks slightly bulbous (narrow at the base, wider at the top) whereas the grip ridge on the screen used appears to be straight up and down. No bulge to it whatsoever.

No I do not have any leads other than hoping that @roygilsing will finally cave in and make TFA/TLJ specific profile grips. :angel

Last edited:
In the pic you posted with the grip profiles side by side, TCSS grip ridge looks slightly bulbous (narrow at the base, wider at the top) whereas the grip ridge on the screen used appears to be straight up and down. No bulge to it whatsoever.

No I do not have any leads other than hoping that @roygilsing will finally cave in and make TFA/TLJ specific profile grips. :angel

Good luck!:lol

Maybe I'll ask the question on his thread:devil

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back