Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

I'm really suprised that no one has noticed that this is an AW-Custom m712 yet.

I didn’t know if these!! Wow! And the price isn’t bad either!!

They still did some work on the selector switch side....

Anyone know if you can get the airsoft to still fire with deleting the selector switch?

Good eyes dan!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. It looks like the put the faux c96 plate on the selector switch side like they did in tfa and also replaced the grill, like everybody here does.

But that scope and flash hider are dead giveaways

chubsANDdoggers should know as he's already made this modification.

I didn’t know if these!! Wow! And the price isn’t bad either!!

They still did some work on the selector switch side....

Anyone know if you can get the airsoft to still fire with deleting the selector switch?

Good eyes dan!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the angular shape of the magazine as well as the magazine release button resemble the airsoft's. However I'm wondering if the prop makers adjusted the bull barrel as the airsoft isn't flat but the movie poster seems to feature a crooked flat-bottomed bull barrel. Maybe the flat bottom is an illusion created by the shadows from the studio background.

Where can we grab these faux plates?! And is it DEC grill they use?

Don’t get to excited guys. It’s most definitely not the aw airsoft. Its TFA modified. May look similar as they use similar base airsoft Mausers but it’s 100% for sure not.

And if you want an accurate grille don’t use the sly tools one. He literally just shamefully copied the DEC design which isn’t totally accurate either. I did a design that imho is very accurate and it will fit perfectly onto an m712 airsoft. I’d be happy to share a link if interested. Here is a pic of my own design stacked up against the film prop..
c68b4bd5e11b34bf234ba8573c4adc3e.jpg

And this is what it looks like on the build. Just an FYI these are also my designs as well..
23b1190e0eb66e108cf78f085aa6d085.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t get to excited guys. It’s most definitely not the aw airsoft. Its TFA modified. May look similar as they use similar base airsoft Maisler’s but it’s 100% for sure not.

And if you want an accurate grille don’t use the sly tools one. He literally just shamefully copied the DEC design which isn’t totally accurate either. I did a design that imho is very accurate and it will fit perfectly onto an m712 airsoft. I’d be happy to share a link if interested. Here is a pic of my own design stacked up against the film prop..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180427/c68b4bd5e11b34bf234ba8573c4adc3e.jpg

And this is what it looks like on the build. Just an FYI these are also my designs as well..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180427/23b1190e0eb66e108cf78f085aa6d085.jpg

Nice job!!

What did you do on the other side with the selector switch?

Scroll up if u don’t mind. I just don’t want to double post. We talked about that earlier and I posted a few pics of how I went about it. Probably very similar to what they did on TFA and this new SOLO film I’d imagine..

Scroll up if u don’t mind. I just don’t want to double post. We talked about that earlier and I posted a few pics of how I went about it. Probably very similar to what they did on TFA and this new SOLO film I’d imagine..

Eeerrr so sorry, I totally remember now!! Yes my bad, hell I was the one who asked you the first time

Boy am I getting old... ;)

It would be one thing if TFA was an original design but lucasfilm just copied MR first inaccurate attempt at the HERO blaster themselves. It’s so lazy on so many levels it’s kind of upsetting..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180425/f6f2cd57443909ca884cf2c953639002.jpg

It was so inaccurate that MR themselves tired again with a more accurate version called “elite” I believe. Still missing some details but much closer..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180425/79caa77a610823ccdfac451ec4a06d9a.jpg

Now that original misstep on MR part is.. “cannon” [emoji849]

Is the first one a Denix not the MR?

Cheers
M

@chubsANDdoggers should know as he's already made this modification.

Ya I did it for my TFA blaster build. Not sure for all airsofts but I imagine it’s also possible. I used the HFC m712 airsoft fyi. It’s one of the known models that was used in the actual film [emoji106]

Where can we grab these faux plates?! And is it DEC grill they use?

Look at my shapways page halliwax if u need a side plate and for the grille its not quite like the DEC one. That one doesn’t look to be screen accurate imho (definitely skip the sly tools one for the same reason).

Sounds like I’m just pushing my parts here but I am pretty happy with how they came out. I’ve studied this blaster very closely. Take a look and judge for yourself obviously but both my grille and plate are pretty much spot on to what you see in the film the TFA (and more than likely in SOLO as well)

I was comparing promo images with images of the AW Custom on evike not too long ago.

I was thinking it was for a moment.

Seems to me that the new flash hider and scope match exactly. The big brass knurled nut on the scope and the elongated bell match the AW version. The flash hider defiantly is not the the TFA version. It has fewer vent holes. We haven't gotten a very good look at the scope mount. but it seems to have the larger opening like the AW design.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back