Lost in Space (Netflix series)

I hope we get a season two so that (spoilered for the 2 people who have not finished the first season yet):
1. What did Maureen have to pay or trade to get Will on the ship?
2. Did the "robot" ship that Humans got the drive from crash or did we shoot it down?

Those are a couple of things I was wondering, as well.

Especially #1. She clearly has knowledge of the project beyond what most other people do, so did she trade some secrets regarding the engine to a foreign government, or a private company? If that's the case, how did that entity have the ability to clear Will for the voyage?

I feel that for #2, the ship most definitely crashed. I base that on the little flashback in one of the last couple of episodes where Maureen was talking about how she didn't understand how the early warning systems didn't give them months to prepare, and Penny said something along the lines of "Maybe it was going too fast?" Judy then made some quip about how that's a pretty dumb idea...but in reality it makes total sense...the alien ship was traveling too fast for our early warning systems to detect it, and it crashed on the planet. I feel that if something is moving too fast for our defense systems to even detect it, we'd probably have a pretty difficult time shooting it down. Just my thoughts.

Either way, I do hope to see those two things addressed if (when?) we get a second season.

Those are a couple of things I was wondering, as well.

Especially #1. She clearly has knowledge of the project beyond what most other people do, so did she trade some secrets regarding the engine to a foreign government, or a private company? If that's the case, how did that entity have the ability to clear Will for the voyage?

I feel that for #2, the ship most definitely crashed. I base that on the little flashback in one of the last couple of episodes where Maureen was talking about how she didn't understand how the early warning systems didn't give them months to prepare, and Penny said something along the lines of "Maybe it was going too fast?" Judy then made some quip about how that's a pretty dumb idea...but in reality it makes total sense...the alien ship was traveling too fast for our early warning systems to detect it, and it crashed on the planet. I feel that if something is moving too fast for our defense systems to even detect it, we'd probably have a pretty difficult time shooting it down. Just my thoughts.

Either way, I do hope to see those two things addressed if (when?) we get a second season.
Another option for #2:
The robot aliens have that interstellar drive, so it's possible they "jumped" into our system and then crashed. Invasion? Alien researchers? I'm sure there are more options so hopefully we will get a season two to explain it. Unless the writers try to get fancy and only drop hints in season 2 and then it gets cancelled.

I tell ya, I accidentally finished it last night not knowing I was watching the last episode

I really really enjoyed this. Sure everything has basically changed, except the characters names. But I seriously enjoyed it!

Only thing I felt was goofy was the power ranger looking robot. But I got over that quick

Everything I thought I was going to have a problem with (adopted Judy, mrs dr Smith) never bothered me while watching

Dr Smith Is pretty evil...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tell ya, I accidentally finished it last night not knowing I was watching the last episode

I really really enjoyed this. Sure everything has basically changed, except the characters names. But I seriously enjoyed it!

Only thing I felt was goofy was the power ranger looking robot. But I got over that quick

Everything I thought I was going to have a problem with (adopted Judy, mrs dr Smith) never bothered me while watching

Dr Smith Is pretty evil...

Judy wasn’t adopted, she was Maureen’s child from a relationship before John.

I was mildly curious over this having watched a bit of the old TV show and then the 90's film,saw a little of the first episode at a friend's a couple days ago.....

Yea no,that'd drive me up a wall.

Krill, I felt the same way! I can’t stand suspense for the sake of it type shows and movies. For instance I can’t sit through an episode of 24etc.

but I loved this show and the characters soo much that I ALMOST didn’t notice... you should give it till the 3rd episode.

I sure was hoping will was going to use the baseball to bring the robot back to the light side

I really enjoyed the show. Once you understand it is not hard scifi I can forgive a couple of things for sure. I enjoyed all the acting.

I regards to
2. Again, on the training and these being smart people: After they got the guy out from under the trailer they should have just lowered it back onto the rock to plug it back up.

My guess is they said a couple of times the tank was pressurized so basically as soon as they lifted it the majority of it dumps out.

I enjoyed this. My biggest gripes were the overly obvious and really, quite frankly, stupid plot contrivances.

Ok, this stripped down Jupiter launch that everyone helped to prep is the only hope for survival for all of the colonists on the planet... so... let's leave Maureen all alone in "mission control" because really, no one really cares enough about the success of this mission to be there while it's going on?

I just finished it and enjoyed it. I thought the production values, sets, costumes, etc... were really good for a TV show. Played more like a movie to me. I thought the robot would bug me, but it never did. I wanted to strangle "Dr. Smith", as most of us probably wanted to. However, I guess that is not in the nature of those who got picked to go. I probably would have to stay on Earth and rot.

I just finished it and enjoyed it. I thought the production values, sets, costumes, etc... were really good for a TV show. Played more like a movie to me. I thought the robot would bug me, but it never did. I wanted to strangle "Dr. Smith", as most of us probably wanted to. However, I guess that is not in the nature of those who got picked to go. I probably would have to stay on Earth and rot.

I think this is more we were seeing both sides of her character where the colonists had no real reason to believe otherwise.

Im 4? episodes in. I have no emotional ties to it RE, never watched the OG series and kinda liked the Mat Leblanc movie. Production quality is really high. BUT, but, but.....

Why is the mom always trying to emasculate the super capable military trained dad? Oh yea....its Hollywood.

I thought the family Dr was adopted also. Where did it explain she was from a previous relationship?

I thought the family Dr was adopted also. Where did it explain she was from a previous relationship?

Wasn’t there a comment made that sounded like she was adopted?! I was confused about that too!

But it has been confirmed here she is the daughter from the first marriage

Glad I wasn’t alone on that

Its towards the end of the season. When Don and John are in the whats left of the Jupiter. There was another comment earlier, but I can't remember where.

It was kind of irritating that they did not address it earlier in the show. I understand the writers decision to do what they did. Taking the time to explain it does not do anything to move the story forward, but it was distracting from the story.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back