Horror Movie Marathon

I always try to watch 31 horror movies each October. I just got I Spit In Your Grave (original, obv) and Nekromantik blurays in the mail, so I'll probably start with those. Just bought Pet Sematary also, so that'll be on the list, but I'll prob watch that one with my kiddos (the other two aren't really family fun night fare :lol )

Hell yeah, watched Horror of Dracula twice yesterday and caught The Wolf Man on Svengoolie last night (Frankenstein last week!). I freakin' love all that old monster stuff!

Oh man, good luck with Unfriended. I thought it was terrible; everything else on that list is solid, with the exception of Blackcoats Daughter. It was a bit of a arthouse horror, but it does have great atmosphere.

I recommend We Are Still Here, all the VHS anthologies get my approval for mindless horror watching

I've done it for so long and I pretty much hate any new horror movies that I've seen all the good ones a couple of dozen times. I have no idea what, if anything, I will do this year.

My line up for tonight on Turner Classic Movies:

8:00 PM Dracula (1931)
9:30 PM Dracula’s Daughter (1936)
11:00 PM Son Of Dracula (1943)

Watching Misery later today. Following that up with The Birds.

Yes, The Birds, a classic! I rewatched that a couple of years ago and thought it held up really well. My favorite part is the first 40-50 minutes that slowly build up the weirdness of what's actually going on.

Not really a horror movie, but we sometimes watch Cronenberg's The Dead Zone around Halloween.

Last edited:
@Dem Bones, he'll yeah to the Deadzone. Love the original film with Christopher Walken! Just finished watch the Thing. Definitely going Dead Zone tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
With tomorrow being October 1st, anyone have any plans to start watching any horror films with Halloween quickly approaching? Any recommendations? Here is one list I just found with some flicks I'll check out.
https://themenlohouse.com/10-scary-movie-to-watch-this-halloween/

In the interim, I'm going to pop on John Carpenter's The Thing starting tomorrow.

Stick with JC: Prince of Darkness, The (OG) Fog, Christine, In the Mouth of Madness, Ghosts of Mars.

TCM and the AMC Fear Fest are always my two big marathoners during October.

And the best part is that if you miss the TCM films the night before, you can go to the WatchTCM app on your phone and they will have them on Demand to watch. So I miss them at night and can play them while I work the next day in my office. :)

Guess i'll Watching Sing, Trip to Bountiful, the Ghostbusters remake..........oh wait horror not horrible ?!? Got it ! Soooo...
Night of the living dead
just to get your head right ! Lol .
Always got to bust out the old universal monsters (add the invisible man too ).
But that's Halloween week !
First !
Got to start with the newer stuff and work backwards.
Cabin in the woods
Evil dead (first new then old trilogy)
Then you get into your
Jason
Freddy
Michael Myers.
sprinkle
Texas chainsaw
in maybe an
Exorcist
or three thrown in for flavor . but you have to without a doubt get
Trick or Treat
in the mix . both the one with Sam and the old cameo ridden Gene Simmons, Ozzy , with Fastway doing the soundtrack .

Mix thoroughly and enjoy over the entire month . that's my recipe .

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back