Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Seriously? THAT was your takeaway from my post? That you feel that I think I'm better than everybody else because of what I posted??? Wow.
Perhaps you're right. I'm not suited for this thread. Buh-bye.
I didnt take you for the dramatic type but I guess I was clearly in the wrong :lol Later!

I find the time and energy put into this thread astounding. I keep coming back and reading in a fascinating disgust. You don't want to see the car wreck but somehow you can't look away.

Bro, I come back from a super long hiatus to find threads like these. It's almost comical, except it's not. What in the hell happened? :confused

Bro, I come back from a super long hiatus to find threads like these. It's almost comical, except it's not. What in the hell happened? :confused

I know you were asking Funky, but I think I can answer it... Two things I've personally seen.

If you've seen something, heard something, read something, &/or paid money for something, then you now own that property in your mind & have complete & final say on how that story should be told.

Second thing-
If you're in the 'entertainment industry', your opinion is much more valid than anyone who isn't...& by 'entertainment industry' I mean you've been near a film or TV set, you get coffee for the guy who does the local news, or you've painted a set or sewn the curtains for a local musical theater production.

Huh. Seems to be no shortage of condescending sarcastic people that cant have discussions about things without taking it too far. Who would have thought that on a forum no less. :rolleyes

Huh. Seems to be no shortage of condescending sarcastic people that cant have discussions about things without taking it too far. Who would have thought that on a forum no less. :rolleyes
I see your new to this thing called the internet. Welcome.[emoji3]

Just for clarification: are you saying that you’ve read these things in quotes from Johnson, Kennedy and the others? Or that you’ve read that other people have said Kennedy, Johnson and the others are doing this?

I’ve seen plenty of the latter, in this forum and elsewhere, but I haven’t seen any of the former. In fact, I don’t really think that any of those people (Kennedy, Johnson, Abrams, etc) have really addressed the people with legitimate grievances about the last few films at all. That I think is its own issue: it seems like they’re wasting all their time responding to the people with “negative” reasons for disliking the films (sexist, racist, whatever), when in all likelihood those are the fans who are least likely to want to hear what they have to say.

In essence, I don’t think it’s that people with legitimate criticisms are being “lumped in” with the toxic people, I think they’ve just been left out of the conversation entirely. Which, again, isn’t helpful and isn’t how you go about making positive changes.

I think this is about as succinct a description of the phenomenon as I've seen.

It's the failure to even engage on the other issues (at least from what I've seen) that leaves people thinking that the filmmakers are claiming everyone who dislikes the film is a racist/sexist/bigot. But that's not what's happening. Ignoring you doesn't mean lumping you in with everyone else. It just means they're ignoring you.

I don't think they are obligated to respond to fan complaints. I do think it's reasonable to respond to racist/sexist fan complaints and call them out. But people shouldn't take that to mean that their non-racist/non-sexist complaints are being lumped in with the racists/sexists. They aren't. They're just being ignored.

And some of them even claim to never return to the Entertainment part of the forum again but turn up to throw in their two cents anyway even if its months later.

By the sweet mercy of the gods...

...she is stronger than a Taco Bell-fueled fart released in the confines of a Smart car.

78 pages of speculation and innuendo and, yet, she still sits upon the Throne of Lucasfilm.

Surely there must be a divine force involved that has enabled her to survive such an onslaught of fan hatred.

My expectations have been subverted yet again and I am better for the experience.

Last edited:

Oh dang... Must be getting think in the head... Didn't realize the sarcasm comment was directed toward me.

I seriously don't have the energy to go back through all replies to any of my comments, but what I stated wasn't in any way sarcasm. Other than exaggerating the actual 'industry' jobs, those have been the ACTUAL basis some here have given me as to why they were right & my opinion was wrong.

I stepped away for a while to let things settle down, let some cooler heads prevail, but after seeing that the cooler heads recognized the same things I did, I just figured I'd come back & let anyone that wanted to be a toolbox to me, be a toolbox to me.

It'd be easier if I could use the ignore button, & have talked to Art about the limitations of the mobile site, but that's my only access. Oh well

Last edited:

I find the terms being used of, "toxic", "mysoganist ", "racist", "manbaby", "sexist", any of these endearments, to be hilarious ,and anyone using them to be equally fantastically amusing. It's all so pathetically funny! Non of these terms cover p!$$poor writing and directional /leadership roles directly responsible for what is viewed on screen.

Just for clarification: are you saying that you’ve read these things in quotes from Johnson, Kennedy and the others? Or that you’ve read that other people have said Kennedy, Johnson and the others are doing this?

I’ve seen plenty of the latter, in this forum and elsewhere, but I haven’t seen any of the former. In fact, I don’t really think that any of those people (Kennedy, Johnson, Abrams, etc) have really addressed the people with legitimate grievances about the last few films at all. That I think is its own issue: it seems like they’re wasting all their time responding to the people with “negative” reasons for disliking the films (sexist, racist, whatever), when in all likelihood those are the fans who are least likely to want to hear what they have to say.

In essence, I don’t think it’s that people with legitimate criticisms are being “lumped in” with the toxic people, I think they’ve just been left out of the conversation entirely. Which, again, isn’t helpful and isn’t how you go about making positive changes.

Not that it really matters or makes any difference, but RJ did take to Twitter to make several very negative comments about fans who disliked his movie. KK has been virtually absent from social media (which may be normal for her, I don't know or even care), and a writer for Star Wars dot com had several negative thoughts about fans as well.

So OK, they might be ignoring the non toxic fans who dislikes TLJ, a simple clarification would be sufficient.

"I know there are some who did not like TLJ, and aren't acting like fools in response, so this isn't directed at you... "

Would be enough to satisfy the majority of the fans who didn't like the movie. Ignoring them and their complaints and criticisms is counter productive, to focusing on the minority of childish morons and their idiotic death threats.

I'd like to know what people are referring to when they talk about "poor writing". Are they referring to the story, the dialogue, what is it that you guys are talking about?

So for instance. I rate TLJ about the same as the Prequels, maybe a bit higher. And like the Prequels, I love the story in TLJ, but it feels at times, messy, and unpolished. The fact that it took me 4 times to work out, what's the deal with everyone, particularly Rose, and Holdo. However, unlike the prequels, this film has good dialogue and acting. Not once did I feel the levels of cringe that I got from Anakin and Padme's after dinner chat in ATOC.

I guess the best way to put this is, it feels like the same guy wrote and directed it. Much like the Prequels........

I'd like to know what people are referring to when they talk about "poor writing". Are they referring to the story, the dialogue, what is it that you guys are talking about?

So for instance. I rate TLJ about the same as the Prequels, maybe a bit higher. And like the Prequels, I love the story in TLJ, but it feels at times, messy, and unpolished. The fact that it took me 4 times to work out, what's the deal with everyone, particularly Rose, and Holdo. However, unlike the prequels, this film has good dialogue and acting. Not once did I feel the levels of cringe that I got from Anakin and Padme's after dinner chat in ATOC.

I guess the best way to put this is, it feels like the same guy wrote and directed it. Much like the Prequels........
Check your place for gas leaks man, cause you might be inhaling something lol. The writing for the prequels, and for TLJ is awful. The acting was a little better in TLJ but the actual dialogue, the story, pacing, everything about the prequels and TLJ are both awful and laughable at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back