World War Z (Post-release)

I hope they at least paid Brooks well for the rights to the name before crapping on his franchise. I guarantee there will be an unrated version that's going to be what the real zombie fans want. This thing sounds like they rewrote it as they were going. That never goes well, just ask Square about Final fantasy: the spirits within, they were rewriting scenes as they were being animated and entire storylines and animation got thrown out. It never ends well. The cgi makes it look like a scifi channel movie, what happened to really good cgi? it seems like the bar got lowered when video games have better CGI than movies.

good movie. just saw it today.
thanks to the trailers that they put together today, it reveals most of the surprises in the action sequences. it would've been nice if i went in there not already seen the rooftop escape, zombie wall climb and airplane scenes.

I honestly did not think the story line they went with was bad at all. It just felt like it was missing something to take it to another level. I cared more about the characters in this film than Man of Steal. I felt the suspense, in each scene. Yes the ending was predictable, but again it sets itself up nicely for a sequel.

I really found this take on zombies refreshing. I kept waiting for the soldier to turn, but am glad she didn't.
Wes, yes Max got paid well although I just can't understand why they bought the rights of the source material only to not use 95% of the material.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about that too. Usually when they get the rights they at least use some material. I mean I Robot was another movie before they got the rights and added Asimov stuff but at least that was the entire back story and such. Maybe the original drafts were more like the book. We need to ask Max and his dad to make a zombie movie. I can see it now: Mel Brooks presents the Zombie apocalypse.

I saw this yesterday at my local movie tavern, and it was surprisingly better than I expected. Everyone even laughed outloud at certain parts of the film. It wasn't over the top like Man of Steel was (in certain parts).

Recommend you guys see this!

Yes. Any up-close Zombie shot and hilarity ensued.

But it was definitely better than I anticipated.

I mean:

1.they were actually Zombies.
2. **** was hectic
3. is that ending about terminal people even remotely close to any other Zombie cure?
4. What the hell Nuclear exploded? Was it North Korea?
5. Airplane scene was much better than I anticipated.
6. People need to figure out what, "I'll call you" means!!

I honestly did not think the story line they went with was bad at all. It just felt like it was missing something to take it to another level. I cared more about the characters in this film than Man of Steal. I felt the suspense, in each scene. Yes the ending was predictable, but again it sets itself up nicely for a sequel.

I really found this take on zombies refreshing. I kept waiting for the soldier to turn, but am glad she didn't.

I don't really need to post a comment since I like what you said, especially about Man of Steel. I haven't read the book, but I had a ton of fun with a great audience laughing at the zombies being crazy. This movie is kind of what I wanted the Walking Dead show to be, you know with that mix of 28 days later and a dash of Silent Hill. I think this is the first movie in a while since Prometheus, that had me on edge of my seat and full attention. So kudos to this movie, since I thought I was originally going to be bored with it.

Great zombie flick. I'm not invested in the WWZ source material at all, so I just went in hoping for a good zombie flick and that is exactly what I got. It was actually slightly better than anticipated after hearing about the rewrite/reshoot I didn't have much hope for this one. Some great intense action and a few unexpected twists. I love how quickly they killed off the doctor!

I divorced it from the source material, and by that, I mean it's title, and had fun with it.

Curious as to how well it's going to do this weekend.

They are saying it is good, but my son and I sat in an empty theater. We did have fun screen talking. I felt like Mystery Science.

^ if you go into this expecting anything from the book...your gonna have a bad time. Decent zombie flick. Worth seeing. That is all.

Saw it today and was pretty underwhelmed. The zombies in hive-form were neat to watch, but any time it was an individual zed or close-up, it looked terrible. The PG-13 rating hurt things too as I really didn't feel scared or anxious at any point.

I thought Pitt and Enos were pretty good though, but it's too bad Matthew Fox and James Dale Badge didn't have longer roles. I really wanted to see the Battle of Yonkers played out too.

Not a good movie ending, no.. but it does seem a lot closer to the feel of the book. Of course, the main difference in the book is that you don't really have a single "main" character or characters that the audience can get attached to.

Before I watch the movie, can anyone share if the movie is similar to the book?

I think this quote from the links Vivek posted sums it up : "Most of my disappointment with the film came from how far they diverged from the premise of the book so its one of the few times I can say I think I would have enjoyed the movie had I not read the book."

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back