Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change of topic: You know you're obsessed with Mags when you wake up one morning in a panic going "Oh my God! My Jedifyfe Mags were supposed to be delivered today!"

...And you didn't get Brad to modify a pair...nor do you own a pair of V2s.

That seriously happened to me a few days ago. I guess I must've been having some dream about getting some Mags and my brain mistook it for the reality. :lol

-Nick

That's even happened to me. ;)

This is is my 6th pair. These are for a member.

null-41.jpg
null-42.jpg

Lol well that escalated quickly.

Nice job as always Jedifyfe.

I will dig through this entire thread yet again to figure out how to do the EL sole i am really struggling maybe i need a break lol

I like how you are able to do that nearly full el panel look. Makes it look more future-like. I'm halfway done with the 2nd shoe. I just need to hide the wires in the lining of the shoe and that is b**** to do. My neck is hurting and I need a break for now. Perhaps I'll start off after I watch a late night movie.

Although I'm not done yet, I'd thought it be nice to share a quick before and after set to show the dramatic improvements these mods can make.
8713650146_a0bf415cfc_k.jpg
With help from our dear members, I switched the straps to their correct shoes. ;)
8713650240_ff48505498_k.jpg

That's even happened to me. ;)
Dreaming of recieving shoes...modded by yourself. THATS when you know youre a boss at modding! :lol

Midas, I think what Brad is trying to say is that theres only so many times someone can look at the same/ close to the same old mods done on the same shoe day after day without thinking its worth mentioning. Its like watching multiple pepakura build threads where everyone stops at the gluing stage after they cut the pieces, sure its neat to watch but theres only so many times people can see it without slowly losing interest. Take me for example, I was the first to discover WHY the toes had a boot look, its not the toe box but the fact that the mid-sole is tapered towards the toe and I was teh first to correct it by building that part up yet I never once mentioned it outside of my thread and didnt care that others didnt notice it until Cavx was nice enough to point it out to people who ad asked and then if I'm not mistaken a few people did the same as myself. At the end of the day, its not about what others think but instead it should be more about how much fun you had doing it.

I still think of things to do to my shoes from time to time but luckily, I became obsessed with assassins creed and never looked back!

Play nice guys! :lol its so silly to be fighting over shoes. Dont become victims of "first world problems"

Last edited:
THAT is some SERIOUS tagging skills Emma! :lol WOW. The nerve of some people!!

@ RobertTX WOW, Great job on the toe correction! Totally on par with Fyfe! Very neatly and evenly tucked/glued into place! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys! I couldn't have done it without the leadership of Brad. Believe me, since day 1 I was always tempted to seek him out for modifications. However, I knew if I did that, I would never gain the knowledge needed to do it for myself. I just can't thank him enough.

Thanks guys! I couldn't have done it without the leadership of Brad. Believe me, since day 1 I was always tempted to seek him out for modifications. However, I knew if I did that, I would never gain the knowledge needed to do it for myself. I just can't thank him enough.

And THAT is what makes new members to the RPF shine. It's taking the chance and taking your time, like you did Robert. :thumbsup

These are a couple of quick pic updates of my mods so far. I got all the lights done!
8717943548_0c4ab02279_k.jpg
8717943270_98a62fbc00_k.jpg

After I do the ironing of the laces and a few touch ups here and there, I will do the final photo shoot and a quick one minute video. I'm glancing over at them right now and it's just amazing to think that a month and a half ago I started with nothing but the desire, and here I am today with my first modded pair.

Have you considered painting the midsoles with more splatter, Robert? All you have to do is get some enamel paint (used in model cars and such) and get a really thin brush. I found the right paint at my local Michael's. The paint wasn't in the paint section though. It was in a little division on a wall where they sold model cars, tanks, helicopters, etc. Get blue, green, white, and black. The white and black are for lightening or darkening if it needs to be. And I found that it was convenient to mix the paint in one of the paint caps since you don't need that much.

Also if you can't find a thin enough brush, use some scissors or something to cut the brush bristles thinner.

Mitas...where did you ever get that idea??:rolleyes

So went and mixed up Testors enamel hobby paint (colors flat black, green, dark blue, gloss turquoiuse, and royal blue). I can't tell you the mixture % of each but I just kept mixing until I got the correct color.

I painted these by hand is a very small brush.

Here are before and after pics:

05838A7A-E85E-4249-93F3-3F5642EEF663-2407-00000104DB4506D6.jpg

F2CDDF40-CE1A-4422-8E9B-9E1C44EB1CB2-2407-00000104DD265AC1.jpg

9632CC42-983A-46F0-96D1-201D934B27DD-2407-00000104D6CEDB81.jpg

02589546-5379-4714-A97E-A6890ABA0493-2407-00000104D8F4241A.jpg

Mitas...where did you ever get that idea??:rolleyes

Technically I said the idea of adding more splatter first. But you did find out a way to do it. Just trying to spread the word. I did one of my shoes, but not very well. Oh well. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back